How Do I get Thai Fonts (no web connection)?

LuckyLucas

Hello All

I want to get the Thai fonts so my gf can view subtitles on downloaded movies (.srt files)

But I don't have thai fonts on my windows PC

I don't have a web connection at home

So I want to download them at work and take them home and add them.

But I've found I can only get them with an active connection and cannot download the fonts to take home.

How do I do it?

Many thanks to anyone who knows and can help

...and regards to all on here...

LL

What version of Windows OS are you using?

Windows 7 and above have them built-in. See this Microsoft help page.

The New Font Control Panel in Windows 7

In Windows 7, a new Font Control Panel gives you a way to view and manage your fonts. To view fonts in the Control Panel, select ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Start’ menu, then select ‘Appearance and Personalization’ and then ‘Fonts’. (Shortcut: press the Windows key, type ‘fonts’ and press Enter.)

Here is the default view in the Font Control Panel:

3-A.png

Showing and Hiding Fonts

In the screenshot above, there are some fonts which appear grayed-out. Based on your keyboard settings, Windows 7 hides fonts it thinks you won't need. Your keyboard settings determine the languages you use to input text. For example, Thai fonts will only be shown if you have a Thai keyboard installed. To manually show/hide fonts, click the ‘show/hide’ button. This button will appear next to ‘organize’ anytime you have a font selected.

I use the font called 'CordiaUPC' which is built in to my Windoze XP version.

You must go into Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages - Details - Key Settings

Then click on whichever switch you want to make, from Thai to English or vice versa and use the Change Key settings to give you a combination of keys to press to change your keyboard input.

I use "Ctrl Shift 1" to change to English and "Ctrl Shift 2" to change input to Thai.

Of course you must press all those three keys at the same time to effect the change.