Senators to ask Constitutional Court to rule on state of emergency declaration

webfact

I wonder if any of the senators filing this petition were elected...

Read some history about Thailand, and start about 1970. Then come back and pick a side. At least you will know more than just using Thai Visa as a sole source for news. This crap has been simmering since the seventies, and long before the Shin (anigans) came into the limelight. Maybe you have no idea about student massacres, or dead Thai laborers working fifteen hour twenty day shifts in the rice fields during the hot season, or the abuse of foreign workers, or golden triangle drug smuggling, or anything except extra-judicial killings...if so, ignorance is bliss.

Knowing history is different than choosing a football team. People throw around 'red sunglasses', 'yellow thugs', 'democracy', 'Cambodian intruders', and a string of other catch phrases that do not reduce or increase the effectiveness of either argument at all. You are buying what they are selling, and hoping to be a re-seller of the same. They are just popular ad hominem attacks on TV.

No one, no one, pisses off an aligned dunce more than an informed moderate. I have also read people, on both sides, stridently whinging that they replied to a poster who, in turn, ignored a stupid question.

If we gathered both sides together, threw them all in the ocean, and waited to see what would happen, we would see every whale on the planet beach themselves from the filth through which they were being forced to swim. It is what it is. It is not what any of us want, I hope -- grenade attacks, ethnic cleansing, oppression, wholesale robbery and human trafficking.

Dorothy said, "We are not in Kansas anymore, Toto." This is Asia...nothing is cut and dried here, which means you either like to chew dried squid or prefer fast food ideas. I prefer the squid. At least I won't get so McFat.

cheesy.gif

i'm calling BS on your entire post. No way you got 'dead Thai laborers working fifteen hour twenty day shifts in the rice fields during the hot season" from a history book or website. Really how can dead people work at all? If your post isn't all true, none of it can be trusted. As for the student massacres, Dr. Thaksin appointed one of the criminals behind the massacres (Samak) as PM for his People's Power Party. As for abusing foreign workers or Golden Triangle drug smuggling, those are non-political and under the jurisdiction of the Police to enforce or not enforce, You through around a few terms that demonstrate that YOU are the one that is ignorant of Thai history.

'This crap has been simmering since the seventies, and long before the Shin (anigans) came into the limelight.'

Thaksin't criminal behavior did NOT begin before Thaksin began committing crimes. Your post is trying to distract from the current governments overstepping their authority.

Can someone explain how PTP is to gain advantage in the election by declaring state of emergency ?

The SOE gives the care-taker government control over media. It also outlaws gatherings of more the 5 people I believe.

Parties that are trying to campaign for the election would be restricted by this.

With PTP in charge of the SOE, they can decide what is allowed or not allowed.

They are out manoeuvred every time by people that have bigger brains than they have!!!

They just can't do anything right because they are not used to playing the game by the rules!!!

Yingluck must be thinking oh no, not again.

You are out of your depth love, you should have stuck to shopping and helicopter rides!!

the Puea Thai Party members used to have brains but they had to turn them over to Thaksin to be allowed to feed at the public trough.

The use of Court or Independence agencies by any party/group/individual is not going to resolve any of our grievances, differences or disputes. It is confrontational, hostile under the present circumstances, and explosively destructive to our societies. Feeling and emotion like suspicion, hate, fear, injustice or anxiety are negative and destructive energy.

IMO, our ‘peculiar transition’ created two camps struggling for power, influence and control.

1. The so-called Thaksin's camp. His popularity and the use of it now seen as has created a power base not completely beholden to the entrenched establishment.

2. The established royalist elites. Whose fear and anxiety about their future and the gradual losing of their power, influence and control created what is now called Thaksinism or Thaksin regime for use in their struggle.

IMO, the two camps have to come together to talk about each other’s grievances, differences, suspicion, hate, fear, injustice and anxiety. Making adjustment and be inclusive of each other after the transition.

To transform our society we need to renew our mind and reform. Courts and independent agencies should completely stay out during the process. We should not let unscrupulous people exploit the situation for their self-serving agenda.

My observation is that the process has already started ever since Yingluck Shinawatra came to power through PTP. They were many behind the scene talks and some mutual agreements seen in the form of the ‘endless postponement’ of court cases, the ‘blanket amnesty bill’ - changed from its original proposed by a PTP MP and the charter amendment on the make-up of the Senate. I hope the current lawlessness against her and the government in our society will not make her and those behind the scene disheartened and felt betrayed.

The journey to transform our society through the renewing of our mind and reforming our political, social, educational, economic, military and judicial institutions is a long challenging one but I believe it can be a reality.

Who are the people to come together from both camps and what is our priority? I hope those who are now working hard on it will not lose heart but continue to persist despite the current challenges.

I do not want to sound to have solution to our “peculiar transition” problems. I just want to see my beloved homeland healthy, progressive and prosper. People loving and forgiving each other despite our differences.

Let us vote for “love and forgiveness”.

"The use of Court or Independence agencies by any party/group/individual is not going to resolve any of our grievances, differences or disputes."

Sure. They should get rid of all independent agencies. They're just holding Thailand up. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Gosh, all these violations of articles. It's a petty challenge. Only thing to say is that an election cannot happen fairly in Bangkok when a SoE prevents parties from gathering to campaign and rally. Using the SoE to manage a unstable situation seems reasonable. And stopping a govt from trying to organise an election safely is not a violation.

The real issue is, does Peau Thai have an advantage from skimmed rice scheme money?

I agree from a different perspective. The present S of E does not prevent any party from gathering to campaign because the Suthep demonstrations are not campagning for election. How can they when they chose not to register?

I wonder if any of the senators filing this petition were elected...

Read some history about Thailand, and start about 1970. Then come back and pick a side. At least you will know more than just using Thai Visa as a sole source for news. This crap has been simmering since the seventies, and long before the Shin (anigans) came into the limelight. Maybe you have no idea about student massacres, or dead Thai laborers working fifteen hour twenty day shifts in the rice fields during the hot season, or the abuse of foreign workers, or golden triangle drug smuggling, or anything except extra-judicial killings...if so, ignorance is bliss.

Knowing history is different than choosing a football team. People throw around 'red sunglasses', 'yellow thugs', 'democracy', 'Cambodian intruders', and a string of other catch phrases that do not reduce or increase the effectiveness of either argument at all. You are buying what they are selling, and hoping to be a re-seller of the same. They are just popular ad hominem attacks on TV.

No one, no one, pisses off an aligned dunce more than an informed moderate. I have also read people, on both sides, stridently whinging that they replied to a poster who, in turn, ignored a stupid question.

If we gathered both sides together, threw them all in the ocean, and waited to see what would happen, we would see every whale on the planet beach themselves from the filth through which they were being forced to swim. It is what it is. It is not what any of us want, I hope -- grenade attacks, ethnic cleansing, oppression, wholesale robbery and human trafficking.

Dorothy said, "We are not in Kansas anymore, Toto." This is Asia...nothing is cut and dried here, which means you either like to chew dried squid or prefer fast food ideas. I prefer the squid. At least I won't get so McFat.

cheesy.gif

i'm calling BS on your entire post. No way you got 'dead Thai laborers working fifteen hour twenty day shifts in the rice fields during the hot season" from a history book or website. Really how can dead people work at all? If your post isn't all true, none of it can be trusted. As for the student massacres, Dr. Thaksin appointed one of the criminals behind the massacres (Samak) as PM for his People's Power Party. As for abusing foreign workers or Golden Triangle drug smuggling, those are non-political and under the jurisdiction of the Police to enforce or not enforce, You through around a few terms that demonstrate that YOU are the one that is ignorant of Thai history.

'This crap has been simmering since the seventies, and long before the Shin (anigans) came into the limelight.'

Thaksin't criminal behavior did NOT begin before Thaksin began committing crimes. Your post is trying to distract from the current governments overstepping their authority.

"sigh" go open a book and read, yes they were out doing dawn till dusk shifts not breaking for a month at a time, thats what harvest times were like not much different in the UK 100 years ago yes the labourers were dying in the fields, so to speak not dead, its clearly just a typo a 2nd grader could work that out instead of making a big thing about it lol and yes the golden triangle was a massive problem and the original student massacres took place in the 70s then the 90s it was all around long before your anti hero arrived. LONG before

He can post what he wishes you dont call the shots here, you want to start accusing people youd best get some education about this place yourself and not the crap they sell you here thats doctored and edited. The real history they cant hide or subvert.

Anyway Back on topic the bought appointed senator is doing his bit like a good little lapdog with his little minions, lets see if this one sticks or is just another load of hot air like all the rest seem to be no matter how loud they shout, bit like your post really ;)

The use of Court or Independence agencies by any party/group/individual is not going to resolve any of our grievances, differences or disputes. It is confrontational, hostile under the present circumstances, and explosively destructive to our societies. Feeling and emotion like suspicion, hate, fear, injustice or anxiety are negative and destructive energy.

IMO, our ‘peculiar transition’ created two camps struggling for power, influence and control.

1. The so-called Thaksin's camp. His popularity and the use of it now seen as has created a power base not completely beholden to the entrenched establishment.

2. The established royalist elites. Whose fear and anxiety about their future and the gradual losing of their power, influence and control created what is now called Thaksinism or Thaksin regime for use in their struggle.

IMO, the two camps have to come together to talk about each other’s grievances, differences, suspicion, hate, fear, injustice and anxiety. Making adjustment and be inclusive of each other after the transition.

To transform our society we need to renew our mind and reform. Courts and independent agencies should completely stay out during the process. We should not let unscrupulous people exploit the situation for their self-serving agenda.

My observation is that the process has already started ever since Yingluck Shinawatra came to power through PTP. They were many behind the scene talks and some mutual agreements seen in the form of the ‘endless postponement’ of court cases, the ‘blanket amnesty bill’ - changed from its original proposed by a PTP MP and the charter amendment on the make-up of the Senate. I hope the current lawlessness against her and the government in our society will not make her and those behind the scene disheartened and felt betrayed.

The journey to transform our society through the renewing of our mind and reforming our political, social, educational, economic, military and judicial institutions is a long challenging one but I believe it can be a reality.

Who are the people to come together from both camps and what is our priority? I hope those who are now working hard on it will not lose heart but continue to persist despite the current challenges.

I do not want to sound to have solution to our “peculiar transition” problems. I just want to see my beloved homeland healthy, progressive and prosper. People loving and forgiving each other despite our differences.

The courts and independent agencies are the only things that can stop one of the two camps you mention running roughshod over the other.

The problem is that neither camp is prepared to allow themselves to be reined in.

The courts and independent agencies are the only things that can stop one of the two camps you mention running roughshod over the other.

The problem is that neither camp is prepared to allow themselves to be reined in.

I don't suggest any attempt to use the courts and independent agencies to stop any camp running roughshod over the other. My reason is exactly what you mentioned : "The problem is that neither camp is prepared to allow themselves to be reined in."

The solution I suggest is to create an opportunity for the two camps have to come together to talk about each other’s grievances, differences, suspicion, hate, fear, injustice and anxiety. Making adjustment and be inclusive of each other after the transition.

Already, people are feeling hapless and do not trust the courts and independent agencies. The background of this perception could have been created by either group maliciously or self inflicted by the judges and officials. It is the same attitude towards the Police by the oppositions of the government.

"The use of Court or Independence agencies by any party/group/individual is not going to resolve any of our grievances, differences or disputes."

Sure. They should get rid of all independent agencies. They're just holding Thailand up. rolleyes.gif

If you do not bother about the well being of Thais, than I suggest you spend your time elsewhere to have peace of mind. I do not think to get rid of all independent agencies is going to solve any problems I mentioned.

If you do not bother about the well being of Thais, than I suggest you spend your time elsewhere to have peace of mind. I do not think to get rid of all independent agencies is going to solve any problems I mentioned.

You sarcasm radar isn't doing too well.