Which bank is the best one ?

Hello every body. I am new here and i am new in thailand also. In the coming days i will like to open a bank account, but i was thinking which one will be the better for me. I start to have a look around but there are a lot of different account. Actually i will like to have an account with a debit card and that will Give me some interest at the end of the month. I will also send some Money Time to Time from abroad and i will like to have a Good exchange rate. Which bank have Good fx rates and pay interest on the account ? I was also thinking about a credit card to use when i am outside thailand , but it look like they have big commision compare it to italy . Thank You very much. Is really a helpfull community

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes you should avoid using your Italian card here if you can. I transfer money by standing order to my Bangkok Bank savings account and use a Thai debit card. It can be a hassle getting a debit card, you need an address in Thailand etc. try another branch or bank if the first one refuses.

I am thinking about changing to Siam Commercial myself as they seem much friendlier.

Once again, where are you ?

The choice of banks will be governed by where you are located since you may incur additional charges if you get an account out of the province where you live

No Thai bank will pay you interest on a monthly basis for a regular savings account, they only pay out twice a year. Don't know about specialized money market or fixed deposit accounts

Most Thai banks will give you an ATM card for debiting from you account. Unless you have a work permit you will not get a credit card other than one with a fixed limit that you will have to keep on account with the bank. In other words, a secured credit card

If you need or want Internet banking most offer it. Most have the same or nearly the same foreign exchange rates

Whatever you decide to do, pick a branch in a mall so that you can deal with things over the weekend or after hours, since that will become your home branch and is where you will have to go to do certain banking business

Edited by Langsuan Man
  • Like 1

1) Its been my experience that Kasikornbank is very newbie friendly.Passport and address in Thailand, They feature online and debit,I think they have a one time charge for the account with debit 500bht. 0.00 for no debit.

2) If you have a Thai friend who works in a government capacity that will vouch for you then you should have no hassle at any Bangkok Bank branch. They have new guide lines which most branches and main offices adhere too.

IMOP for what its worth.

my gf is a corporate lawyer working with foreign companies here and recommends bangkok bank to her clients

i like Kasikornthai bank because they have forward thinking, dynamic and imaginative CoE who has really turned the bank around

Just a quick question I was Cheking the fx rates In the bank internet site and i see there is a special rate for T/T. What TT mean? Is the rate that apply of I send money from abroad to the Thai bank ? Thank you. I am a newbie in this kind of staff

Just a quick question I was Cheking the fx rates In the bank internet site and i see there is a special rate for T/T. What TT mean? Is the rate that apply of I send money from abroad to the Thai bank ? Thank you. I am a newbie in this kind of staff

Yes, that is the transfer rate.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I went to Siam commercial bank near the jection between second road and pttaya klang and they did not open the account for me. So I went to kasikorn bank inside the central festival in pattaya and in 20 min my account was open