Gunshots fired at T News Channel in Nonthaburi

webfact

Gunshots fired at T News Channel

mzi-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Gunshots were fired at the office of the satellite-based T New Channel in Nonthaburi late at night but nobody was injure.

The incident happened about 01.15 a.m. when five gunshots were heard in front of the24-hour news channel.

About five employees of the channel inside ran for cover as they did not know if the sound was from guns or firecrackers.

But one of the company’s guard said he saw three taxis passed by the office and five shots were heard.

The company’s managing director Sonthiyarn Chuenruthainaitham said later that it was a gun attack and vowed his channel will continue to report facts to its audience with no fear of any kind of threats.

He said the gunshot attack was politically motivated.

T News is a satellite-based channel with the broadcast of news 24 hours a day same as leading international news channel

Currently the news channel is reporting live broadcast of anti-government protests.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gunshots-fired-t-news-channel/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-23

Media! There's always someone that will get the story, and every how and then, they become the story, stay safe silly journalists that use words like "fear" and keep them diapers on tight, cause that one day, you become the story, and well ya know, you get to feel it - that indiscriminate "fear" which prompts another four letter word, starts with "f" and ends with "k" !

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It's once again those pesky Third Hand interlopers that have forced and reinforced our beloved PM's decision to protect the protesters with an Emergency Decree. I suppose they'll continue their stealthy senseless and random violence, undiscovered and unnamed even with the very best men that the DSI can put on the case.

I'm deeply moved and I know she'll shed more tears of love for her violently persecuted opposition.

She's really on her game today as it's reported she is chairing a meeting of the Defence Council to discuss the military's role now the emergency decree has been invoked.

i wonder who had the job of telling her what to do.

• Like 2

T News Channel

Never heard of it. Probably very few have, but if it's typically

Thai run then it was probably due a few bullets sent it's way.

i could be wrong but I'm sure they have sports channel, not sure about news.

Even during a State of Emergency only Thais would shoot up a sports channel.

• Like 1

As live broadcasts of the protests have become less frequent, and as they may be quickly fazed out altogether - what little news outlet is there becomes instantly more appreciated. The public has always hungered for information. The internet particularly has created a great appetite for information. It has brought much light and much change. When an administration sets out to change all that - then people notice. What is good about this present situation - and it really it is the only good thing - is that the media and journalists are not sitting on their hands. Their voices of outrage are growing. They will not go down without a fight. Will the international media notice, particularly if the administration has been able to successfully " quieten " the media ? Let's all hope and pray.

T News Channel

Never heard of it. Probably very few have, but if it's typically

Thai run then it was probably due a few bullets sent it's way.

Reporting the facts in a Bluesky way.

Maybe somebodies intellegence had been tested once too often with the quotes of 6 million, the rice scam (yawn) and the Army coming to the rescue... dream on.

• Like 1

It's once again those pesky Third Hand interlopers that have forced and reinforced our beloved PM's decision to protect the protesters with an Emergency Decree. I suppose they'll continue their stealthy senseless and random violence, undiscovered and unnamed even with the very best men that the DSI can put on the case.

I'm deeply moved and I know she'll shed more tears of love for her violently persecuted opposition.

She's really on her game today as it's reported she is chairing a meeting of the Defence Council to discuss the military's role now the emergency decree has been invoked.

Someone in the War Room.

As live broadcasts of the protests have become less frequent, and as they may be quickly fazed out altogether - what little news outlet is there becomes instantly more appreciated. The public has always hungered for information. The internet particularly has created a great appetite for information. It has brought much light and much change. When an administration sets out to change all that - then people notice. What is good about this present situation - and it really it is the only good thing - is that the media and journalists are not sitting on their hands. Their voices of outrage are growing. They will not go down without a fight. Will the international media notice, particularly if the administration has been able to successfully " quieten " the media ? Let's all hope and pray.

Wake up.

The protest coverage is waning as it is obvious the protests are.

the media supporting them do not want to be showing empty streets and 200 marchers....... Not cutting back the coverage for any other reason than is worthless as propaganda now to Suthep.

Do try and think these things through

• Like 1

Someone in the War Room.

Would their name be Shinawatra by any chance ?

"T News is a satellite-based channel with the broadcast of news 24 hours a day same as leading international news channel. Currently the news channel is reporting live broadcast of anti-government protests."

A PDRC / NSPRT / Democrat Party 'news' outlet? Might give a clue to the news channel taxi drivers prefer to visit most. One of theirs was beat to a pulp courtesy of 'protestors'.

• Like 1

Someone in the War Room.

Would their name be Shinawatra by any chance ?

Whoever it was is doing a better job than in Sutheps war room..

Shows she has a good team and is better suited to running the country than the thugs and whistle blowers.

• Like 1