Coldest weather in decades hits Thailand

webfact

First off, Yes, here in Thailand there are people suffering because of the extended cold front from an erratic jet stream. The reports say its cold, I sleep wrapped in more blankets than in prior years ... many people lack the number of blankets and I have sympathy for their problem. It can get life threatening to sleep in conditions like these.

But, WHY do so many nay sayers jump out and deny the science in evidence? The same science that taught the post WWII American Air Force to avoid frequencies affected by CO2 for their heat seeking missiles,the same science that allows us to put up satellites, that studies geological patterns for finding oil or measuring earthquakes... the science that is basic to creating the technology that allows us to communicate... it is that process of investigation, hypothesis, debate and fine tuning that says consistently that the Earth is warming and that the CO2 of our industrialized society that is causing the blanket to increase in thermal warming.

So diceq, do you seriously believe there is a conspiracy of over 98% of global scientists? Any one who could seriously disprove the warming would be lauded for saving society the costs of getting off fossil fuels. What evidence are you picking to be your primary proof? Is your argument below your basis for your belief? Or is it something else?

Don't go throwing dozens of things up (lists of spurious arguments take forever to answer, and when disproved are replaced by new lists. ) Just one, if you must then two. What one or two pieces of scientific evidence do you have that you base your belief upon. If you are open minded as I'm trying to be, then maybe on this thread we can settle the issue of planetary warming or not.

First you denialists say "no warming since 1998!" and then all of sudden "that is all still a short term trend, you should look at many centuries"! But not the last one, right? Contradicting your own statements. That is so typical for denialists. Switching time periods at will and spot weather statistics, "It was very cold in New York last month, the climate change is a big hoax!".

What matters in science is the published peer reviewed papers, not what somebody says in his blog. Those scientific papers overwhelmingly (99.5 percent or more) support the climate change models. If there were still conflicting facts about the climate change out there, somebody would have already written a paper about it, proving with facts that these models are wrong. Then gotten more and more support eventually but no such paper exists.

There is no contradiction there. According to the theory we should expect to see the temperature increasing. We're not seeing that. Therefor we are suggesting that the warming we did see is caused by normal cyclic climate.

That most scientific papers support the Global Warming theory is not strange. Since those studies are funded by the Global Warming industry, or governments who have an agenda to further this lie. And what truly matters in science, is that the predictions of theories come true. They haven't in this case. Yet these "scientists" still believe in it. Which isn't strange either, since they get paid to do exactly that.

"It's hard to get a man to understand something, when his salary is dependent on him not understanding it."

Edited by RPCVguy

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of the denseness of trees within rainforests the vast amount of chlorophyll present produces the majority of Earth's oxygen.

Half of the world's oxygen is produced via phytoplankton photosynthesis. The other half is produced via photosynthesis on land by trees, shrubs, grasses, and other plants.

Around 2% of the Earth's landmass is covered by rainforests.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

Because of the denseness of trees within rainforests the vast amount of chlorophyll present produces the majority of Earth's oxygen.

Half of the world's oxygen is produced via phytoplankton photosynthesis. The other half is produced via photosynthesis on land by trees, shrubs, grasses, and other plants.

Pheeewwww thanks to update my knowledge, now I can breathe easy again :)

Hope the oceans don't dry up now. w00t.gif

(I still think we should endeavor to preserve the remaining 2% of our land mass!!)

Pheeewwww thanks to update my knowledge, now I can breathe easy again smile.png

Hope the oceans don't dry up now. w00t.gif

(I still think we should endeavor to preserve the remaining 2% of our land mass!!)

As do I.

But I do object to using words like 'vast' and 'majority' when they are patently not true.

We should be cleaning up the planet, we should not be relying on the use of fossil fuels, especially now that other options have become more realistic and with a little more effort, could be more economical.

And I strongly object to being blamed and taxed for reasons that are not founded in anything other than tax.

End of.

• Like 1

We should be cleaning up the planet, we should not be relying on the use of fossil fuels, especially now that other options have become more realistic and with a little more effort, could be more economical.

And I strongly object to being blamed and taxed for reasons that are not founded in anything other than tax.

End of.

Which alternatives? Fossil fuel sucks and depleting it, together with the pollution that it generate is a crime against humanity.

Unfortunately, there is no alternative unless we bring the world population to may be few hundreds millions and/or dramatically changes our way of life.

That's because of Global Warming!

Record cold temperatures around the world won't stop the global warming industry with their dire predictions.

You must get your information from the Thai Variety Shows, Their has been over 2,500 Scientific Studies Published in Journals supporting the Case that Global Warming is helped by Mankind,and none or one to say its a Crock of <deleted>. Apart fron Shock Jocks and the Big Polluters with their Promotion of Clean and Green Cars for example. Look up CFC,s and the Ozone.

That's because of Global Warming!

Record cold temperatures around the world won't stop the global warming industry with their dire predictions.

You must get your information from the Thai Variety Shows, Their has been over 2,500 Scientific Studies Published in Journals supporting the Case that Global Warming is helped by Mankind,and none or one to say its a Crock of <deleted>. Apart fron Shock Jocks and the Big Polluters with their Promotion of Clean and Green Cars for example. Look up CFC,s and the Ozone.

There are plenty of studies about the climate being driven by solar activity modulated by the moon and not CO2.

Of course you will never hear about these studies on places like the BBC or The Guardian.

Worry more about the oceans than the rain forests

http://earthsky.org/earth/how-much-do-oceans-add-to-worlds-oxygen

Trouble is only the 'believers' are worried, the idiot 'denialists' are so ignorant they don't give a hoot about Earth's future.

Do we have to stoop to the level of the playground and call people names because they have a different view to you?

The warmists are all smelly poo heads. Is this the kind of debate you want?

my electric bill is half due to not hammering the aircon and my water bill is down by 75% due to me not taking showers as the water temp right now makes the artic feel warm.....hmmmm Im a newbie..how do i edit and remove something i wish i hadnt shared lol ;-)

but seriously, someones not taking showers cos my water presure is through the roof at the moment and had to adjust the pump !

my electric bill is half due to not hammering the aircon and my water bill is down by 75% due to me not taking showers as the water temp right now makes the artic feel warm.....hmmmm Im a newbie..how do i edit and remove something i wish i hadnt shared lol ;-)

but seriously, someones not taking showers cos my water presure is through the roof at the moment and had to adjust the pump !

bringing a whole new meaning to the term 'smelly felang' ;-)

always thought, warm temperatures are speeding early flowering of plants. How the cold is said to have affected and resulted in premature flowering of rice, leading to empty rice hulls, is outside my logic understanding. Can some expert explain ?

Global warming???? The Earth has been cooling and warming for thousands of years.

Agreed, but try millions and millions. And there are cycles within cycles.

do you seriously think that those who have identified man-made climate change are unaware of that?

Edited by wilcopops