Dog Silencer

Duvidl

I used in the US the collar type holding a small box on my cocker spaniel. He liked to bark when I was home alone. Are not cheap, but works very well. Give a small electric shock to the dog if barking. Because dogs respond by conditioning, after using it for a while will be not necessary anymore. The barking will stop...and..if coming back..use it again and repeat the process...Probably are made in China and you can buy online...or ask a friend in the US or EU to send you one by mail...

• 4 months later...

100% they do work. I have two street dogs that are now condo dogs. I purchased 2 bark collars from Amazon, and extra batteries. It didn't take two days and the dogs stopped barking whenever we put them on, and someone would come to the door.

That's great, but what if it's the neighbour's mutt?

we have all been in a barking situation, don't blame the dogs.

How about blame the cat?

Or blame the:

• dog that somebody else let out
  • the motorcycle going by
  • my kids who just want to play outside (or just walk by)
  • the monks who go by on their morning rounds at 6AM
  • a neighbor opening his sliding gate
  • another neighbor laughing too loud
  • the garbage truck picking up at 3AM

All these things set off the 7-8 dogs that one neighbor feels it necessary to have, not to mention the four that are divided between two other houses, all in a soi of 8 houses. You can imagine the chorus when they all get going. All but two of them (one home) are always within the fences but the fences do not contain the noise. And this is a housing development in Khon Kaen, not a place in a rural area.

Oh yeah. The the one that suggests ear plugs. I have to sleep with the sliding door and windows closed (even on a nice night), the air on, a fan on, a white noise player at a fairly high volume and earplugs. That still does not guarantee an uninterrupted sleep.

Bottom line is BLAME THE INCONSIDERATE OWNERS. They need the shock collars.

Thanks for letting me vent. Even though I love the house, as soon as my lease is up we're outta here.

If you have problems with neighborhood barking dogs the only thing you can do is move. There is no solution if inconsiderate dog owners are involved. None. There are certain types of people who put dogs out to bark all night. It does not bother them in the slightest. If you take some kind of extreme direct action you will be prosecuted. You have to move.

Regarding chasers and biters anybody with experience with Dog Dazer II?

Regards,

arunsakda

Edited by arunsakda