Protesters Alarmed By 'Sniper' In DSI Building

Lite Beer

Big deal, someone messing about with a laser pen no doubt, loads of them around the kids love them, not exactly the same thing as being sighted by a sniper. Load of rubbish claims about a sniper, the guy in the robe ( dosnt deserve the title of monk ) just got all panicky, and added 2 + 2 = 73 I do hope he keeps this up itll do his career no end of harm.

• Like 1

So they some people in that building and then later get hit with lasers coming from some place else, and they put the two incidents together.

Barely intelligible post, but may I point out that laser sighting not only lets the shooter know when he is on target, it also lets the targets know where you are aiming from.

Great for police to intimidate criminals, but in a combat situation as handy as a big sign saying "I AM HERE".

They never said they saw the laser was being pointed from there. They say they saw people in a building and then described a different laser incident. You can't see the source of the laser unless you're looking directly at the source. Which according to the article, there weren't.

You can see the path of lasers in BKK due to the high pollution content in the air.

Laser sights are only visible in movies ! A state of the art sniper rifle uses invisible (to the naked eye) beams and a filter inside the scope or assault viewfinder!thumbsup.gif

As simple as that. Wanna find out if your remote control batteries are empty? Look with your cellphone cam at the remote while pressing any button. same principle. Your cellphone will not show you the green laser of an assault rifle btw biggrin.png

Edited by JakeBKK

lasers are typically either red or green, or infra red, infra red can only be seen if the wearer is wearing any night vision device or similar optic attached to a weapon..if that's what you mean by "assault viewfinder"
IF the atmospherics are ideal. then lasers can be seen but generally their beam is pretty thin, pretty close up, there's more chance of being able to see them at night.

Many people wouldn't even know they had been "painted", The US Army/and security contractors used green lasers to warn off vehicles that got too close in Iraq.

A well trained sniper isn't going to "skyline" himself either, but they will chose a direct line of sight, and conceal himself accordingly, the chances are he will also use a suppressed weapon, making it harder to locate him into the bargain.

So they some people in that building and then later get hit with lasers coming from some place else, and they put the two incidents together.

Barely intelligible post, but may I point out that laser sighting not only lets the shooter know when he is on target, it also lets the targets know where you are aiming from.

Great for police to intimidate criminals, but in a combat situation as handy as a big sign saying "I AM HERE".

They never said they saw the laser was being pointed from there. They say they saw people in a building and then described a different laser incident. You can't see the source of the laser unless you're looking directly at the source. Which according to the article, there weren't.

We must have been reading different articles, or you comprehension skills are severely lacking. What to you, other than a comma, indicates separation of the 2 events?

Is this news???

It is news when a mob makes repeated attempts to raid the equivalent of FBI etc.

Strange with the DSI looking at the land plots and the palm oil scams and the Phuket and Surat Thani mafia, that they were one of the first to be mobbed back in November.

If you don't think it is news, you are really on the wrong forum.

the laser. Freaking them out, the Gov and Police will try to spook them and keep them awake an on their toes as much as possible. They will pretend they have seen intruders and chase them with sirens etc. but, the objective is just to piss off the mob and keep them awake. Sweet dreams.

A coup attempt is a war, and the Government side or the Redshirts will fight back, and strongly. It's just not the time yet and they just letting Suthep expose himself more to the world so they can see what a complete fascist he is.

When did the DSI last look "at the land plots and the palm oil scams and the Phuket and Surat Thani mafia", I must have missed any report of recent action (which I'd welcome), as I thought those scandals were decades old ?

Haven't the DSI been too busy, trying to frame Abhisit & Suthep for murder in 2010, or freeze bank-accounts of poo-yais involved in the recent peaceful anti-government protests ? wink.png

You state that it's "the Gov and Police" who are trying to spook the protesters, "freaking them out" with lasers, but in the OP "Lt.Col. Sitthipon Charoenputh, a high-ranking DSI officer, later met with the protesters and assured them that no sniper, or any armed security forces, was stationed in the headquarters." it's clear that the DSI don't admit that, so what is the source for your claim ?

So they DSI told them that they could go in as long as they break in themselves?

And then they changed their mind and let them in anyway?

yes, and after they left the DSI issued a warrant for the monk...clap2.gif

pretty much all Thai officials and agencies are howlingly funnycheesy.gif

What a great Buddhist example this monk is making. Oddly enough I thought two days ago this same guy was in a crap ton of trouble for getting involved in politics. I am surprised he is not holding a child as a shield.

Yesterday there was news footage of schoolchildren parading in the streets with protesters, which begs the question of child endangerment issues. That is was bad judgment is not a question.

We must have been reading different articles, or you comprehension skills are severely lacking. What to you, other than a comma, indicates separation of the 2 events?

I know what the article says they think happened. I was giving a different, more plausible, scenario of what happened. That's all.

it was only 2 days ago i posted on here that it wont be long before suthep is the target of a sniper attack, seems like it was very close today

Only Thaksin would organize that...but not too well, like the fortune teller who he attempted to have taken out in Burma that is well known to have spoken of his fate which has kept playing out.

Okay, he maybe a monk, but does he have xray eyes? How could be interpret suspicious activity, which pretty much happens when a copper breathes, but that's translated to " Sniper on the roof" ??? Did the suspicios person wear a black SWAT uniform with the words SNIPER across the back, and have a laser attached to his Jedi Helmet??

very often, suspicious elements do not have to wear Jedi Helmet or uniform to be suspicious.. especially when they are police ...

What a great Buddhist example this monk is making. Oddly enough I thought two days ago this same guy was in a crap ton of trouble for getting involved in politics. I am surprised he is not holding a child as a shield.

I am surprised he is not holding a child as a shield.

Yes, that would be unethical and irresponsible, eh Dick? attachicon.gifrsc.jpg

Wow name calling did I hurt your boo boo feelings awwwww your boyfriend a pretend high so? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697679-keep-children-out-of-protests/ Seems your retardation only applies to one side right?

in 2010 some red terrorists used babies to shield them in Bkk....

• Like 1

Is this news???

It is news when a mob makes repeated attempts to raid the equivalent of FBI etc.

Strange with the DSI looking at the land plots and the palm oil scams and the Phuket and Surat Thani mafia, that they were one of the first to be mobbed back in November.

If you don't think it is news, you are really on the wrong forum.

the laser. Freaking them out, the Gov and Police will try to spook them and keep them awake an on their toes as much as possible. They will pretend they have seen intruders and chase them with sirens etc. but, the objective is just to piss off the mob and keep them awake. Sweet dreams.

A coup attempt is a war, and the Government side or the Redshirts will fight back, and strongly. It's just not the time yet and they just letting Suthep expose himself more to the world so they can see what a complete fascist he is.

BUT nowhere near as strange as the fact that they investigate everything against Taksin's enemies yet they conveniently forget every single case against the dearly beloved fugitive dictator and all his cronies. The DSI should be independent and free of political bias and interference which it clearly is not ! The boss is under Taksin's thumb and therein lies part of the problem and exemplifies what is wrong with this illigitimate maladministration...

• Like 1

<snip>

As simple as that. Wanna find out if your remote control batteries are empty? Look with your cellphone cam at the remote while pressing any button. same principle. Your cellphone will not show you the green laser of an assault rifle btw biggrin.png

Well they made a quick buck selling flak jackets out of recycled xray films, why not employ a similar capitalistic idea using recycled smartphones, can call it "iSight" oh wait, no we can't Apple's already got that covered, i-Sight then 'cos it's totally not the same wink.png

Edited by GrantSmith

it was only 2 days ago i posted on here that it wont be long before suthep is the target of a sniper attack, seems like it was very close today

Only Thaksin would organize that...but not too well, like the fortune teller who he attempted to have taken out in Burma that is well known to have spoken of his fate which has kept playing out.

...Seh Daeng...

According to Luang Phu Buddha Issara, he had noticed suspicious-looking individuals taking up position inside the 11-floor DSI building, and a number of PCAD leaders found that they were targeted by "laser" light. The monk then accused the DSI of deploying snipers to intimidate the protesters.

Okay... If you see a red (Red Dot...Blue Dot...Green Dot... Doesn't matter color of Beam or Mark it reveils on solid surface) dot on your shirt or can be seen by others on your person...or you see on theirs... This is target mark! No question about it!! (It can also be filmed... will be displayed on Video Camera.. You can actually follow beam from mark to origination source!! Then zoom in and capture complete evidence in a secured device!!

(Who - What - When - Where - Time - Date can all be recorded...)

It is easy to determine where coming from by use of hand... Marking direction and angle... Just be brave enough to stand still and let another move to get position of beams original source. Camera will confirm for viewing later.

However, the DSI office′s entrance was firmly locked when the protesters arrived, and a DSI official told the protesters that they must force their way into the office on their own because the DSI would not unlock the gate

I am sure it was locked! Being discovered evidence had to be "Removed and/or Hidden" or else the DSI would have lost Face and beans would have been spilled on who ordered this exercise... They had to scramble to clean up any evidence before this happened and they only way to do would be to delay Inspection of building!

PCAD supporters also refused to force their way into the building, as many feared they might be charged with intruding into state agencies.

This was correct move by the PCAD. Result was not what DSI had hoped for... Showing Honesty and Concern for the Supporters PCAD stopped at the Gate!

DSI officials eventually unlocked the entrance on the condition that the protesters would rally in front of the building in a peaceful manner. Lt.Col. Sitthipon Charoenputh, a high-ranking DSI officer, later met with the protesters and assured them that no sniper, or any armed security forces, was stationed in the headquarters.

Took them long enough to clean up any evidence and remove Weapons and DSI Operators from Facility. Close any windows and secure suspected rooms and areas.

(Does the DSI know if the suspected areas were being filmed from outside? (By PCAD) and any attempt to alter suspicious spaces in question are recorded? ) I would be worried greatly as camera will also show laser beam when not visable to Naked Human Eye. Then to assure no sniper had been positioned to target them puts the DSI, and any comments by High ranking DSI Officers, in a very Suspected and Damaging Enviroment!!

One that would be extremely difficult (next to Impossible) to remove away connection. It would also cast a Highly suspected Eye on everything connected to any DSI Operations... Past... Present... or Future....

I am sure DSI has these levels of concern covered also.... Are they really sure?

Just another perspective from someone who has been there and done that... Think about it! I am sure this is not the end of the story.. Just another "Mosaic...."

Edited by davidstipek

whistling.gif

<snip>

Well they made a quick buck selling flak jackets out of recycled xray films, why not employ a similar capitalistic idea using recycled smartphones, can call it "iSight" oh wait, no we can't Apple's already got that covered, i-Sight then 'cos it's totally not the same wink.png

Dude, that was hilarious! When i read the flag-jacket story - i thought this cant be true. Same as with them bomb detectors CX - whatsoever. But what do you expect? The folks here go into a big c pay 59 THB for a crash helmet and then start to wonder if it cracks open like a raw egg whistling.gif

Edited by JakeBKK
  • Like 1