Quad riding around East Pattaya

mafumo

So does anyone go out and ride quads around the backwoods of Pattaya. I live in Huay Yai , and there is plenty of places to ride . I see also alot of dirt bikers go out to the same areas. Just interested if there is many others that get together to ride quads , only for fun though .

Cheers.

Unfortunately, its a epidemic around east pattaya .... mainly convoys of up to at least 15, loaded up with Russian tourists choking up on their own dust.. . lot of the areas are narrow rutted tracks that farmers use and struggle to get around at the best of times, not sure how happy they are to see this lot coming along, making difficult tracks even more impassable ... especially in the rainy season.... i often meet small 4x4s loaded up pineapples or sugarcane and stop up to give them right of way but not sure what happens when 20 quads come along, as some of these track are barely wide enough for one small truck.....same goes for the bigger roads used by large truck carrying loads of sand which are tricky enough to navigate for them, so can't be nice seeing a load of Russian tourist careening towards them especially on an incline or declines, even with the bike and a truck meeting, there is not much useable space on these roads

.wouldn't be so bad if it was one tour company doing a outing a couple times a week but these clowns are literally everywhere at any given day or time!... bah.gif

Edited by dec

.... not bashing the Russians, they don't know any better.... but taking convoys of quads on private property is going to upset someone.... as said i can go out any time of day and i'll probably bump into some of them... wasn't so bad about a year ago as you would always see a couple of Thai guys front and back keeping things under control but lately i've seen white faces leading the group which i'm assuming are Russian (most likely without work-permits or a driving license whistling.gif ....)

Anyway, thank God they're incapable of riding bikes or it would give everyone a bad name smile.png