Do you carry your passport ?

Guitar God

I travel a lot and the only time I carry mine on me in when I'm flying, checking into a hotel, renting a car or changing money.

I have a scan of it in a secure folder on my phone, a couple drivers licensees and a EU ID card and I've only ever needed to show my drivers license.

My passport has 100 pages in it so its like sitting on a small book and I'm concerned I'll lose it if I start carrying it everyday.

Is not carrying it a reason for the police to extract even more money out of me? So far they've never asked to see it, just photos of the king.

No, never had any problem in fifteen years, just carry a copy.

If you want something nice and official looking, a laminated color copy is nice, but a creased old black and white works fine too.

If anyone other than the Immigration Police ask you for the page that shows your valid visa, just ignore them, do business elsewhere.

• Like 1

Have a copy incl. pages with latest extension/90 day report.

Additionally a printout with my address and name of contacts (both in Thai script) plus phone numbers.

Thai driving license always with me.

Edited by KhunBENQ

in 10 years always have my Thai driving license...... both in the car and the pickup have a Copy of Passport i.d. page, bottom 1/2 of page Visa or Extension on the back latest 90 day report. in 10 years have never been asked for the copy or a Passport

In any Bank have shown only my Thai driving license when asked for Passport

Good info, thanks. I'll just make a photo of my visa and photo page and carry that. Other than government agencies on passport/visa related business, nobody's asked for it. Avis wanted to see it once when renting a car. Unless I'm in a European hotel which requires I leave it with them, I don't hand it out to anyone.

The cops here don't even care about my drivers license. I could hand them a library card and we'd go through the same " pick it up at the police station, which police station,? Mai kaw jai. Tao rai khap?, xxx ฿" drill.

It seems pink and purple bills work just fine.

you should be using red bills if your not a tourist and actually live here

100-200 is plenty for the greedy pigs and its all the thais pay if theyre not drunk (that costs a bit more )

people that pay Thai police are as bad as the police.

100-200 is plenty for the greedy pigs and its all the thais pay if theyre not drunk (that costs a bit more )

cheesy.gif

A Thai driving license and nothing else, works for me.

Same here, except

visit to the Embassy

crossing border

visit to Immigration

anything else, like banking, hotels, driving, Police - Thai DL with photo is enough. Do not leave home without it.

extorsion is not usually a choice , i assume you dont drive a lot if youve never paid anything to the police ?

Additionally a printout with my address and name of contacts (both in Thai script) plus phone numbers.

Do you have the spare key to your house around your neck on a piece of string ?

Do you have the spare key to your house around your neck on a piece of string ?

Me sir, me, I do! biggrin.png

Why should tourist get stung for more all "resident" farangs are loaded, far more money than a lowly tourist , I say charge the residents more and no pensioner discounts either

Why the sense of entitlement dear boy even in face of corruption Your a very rich whitey same as your tourist brethren