Dtac messed up again, but I'm not complaining

JesseFrank

From the many posts on this forum we know that Dtac has serious issues with their prepaid 3G billing. Or balance mysteriously disappears or you can't get your package topped up and activated or whatever.

As I'm aware of these issues, especially the latter, I change sim cards frequently. So this month I used a sim which I hadn't used for 3 months, so no internet package was subscribed to the card.

First I topped up the balance with 700 Baht,then I dialed *104*23*9#, which should give me a 3Gb unlimited 3G package valid for a month.After a few minutes I received an sms that the package was activated, so I inserted the sim in my aircard and started using it.

After a few days I checked my balance online, to see how they had f**ked me this cycle, and what I saw was surprising.

It showed that they indeed had deducted 696 Baht ( 650 + vat) from my balance, but where it should show " Happy internet 3G unlimited 650Bt/month " it showed " GPRS time based without pocket ".

The validity was 1 month as expected, but my allowance stands at 6Gb instead of 3Gb. smile.png

It also says this package remains for 7 periods, where it normally should say 11 periods as it is a new subscription.

Have looked at the Dtac website, but can't find any package with these details. Has anything changed or am I just lucky and have they activated someone else package to my sim?

I feel like AIS network is worst and worst !

Also, they do not have "unlimited" offers with less than 5GB so everybody has to pay 890 thb even if the phones and tabs are only used for Email.

Dtac has better offers and for 400 thb the 1.5 GB 3G offer seems quite good.

Can you confirm that I understood well ?

Thank you.

Have looked at the Dtac website, but can't find any package with these details.

It's a wonder that you were able to find anything on their new website. A total mess. I'd guess it is made by the same people who made True's.

DTAC's 3G stops 100 meters from my house. Contacted them many many times and they say "will fix" but they don't.

Other than above DTAC is just fine and I wouldn't change system.

Edited by Keesters

For me DTAC is best.

I especially like the options to get a certain hours of mobile internet per month. I use 20 hours per month for 99 Baht plus tax. Perfect for me. I don't think, the others have that? Correct?

I never had billing problems using the same SIM for 1.5 years already.

Edited by frimu

DTAC have some serious issues to sort out. I was at Don Muang the other day and, although my phone was on, noticed 4 missed calls. When I called my number from an office phone there the DTAC message said: "This number does not exist". I've only had this same post-paid number for 15 years. And,no, there was no outstanding bill. edjits.

• 2 months later...

All three major service providers have a ton of promotions right now, including many "jumbo, double, triple data" promotions. Typically these are for new post-paid customers, but they are often extended to existing customers. The additional data allotments are for periods ranging from the 3 to 12 months. There are some pre-paid promotions as well. Honestly it is challenging to keep up with all the promotions; I was in a DTAC shop last week and counted 52 separate on-going "promotions" for post-paid customers. I saw a Thai blog yesterday which had 175 total promotions (pre- and post-paid) for DTAC.

I don't think it is possible to keep their websites updated so maybe best to stop by a shop occasionally to grab a brochure, or check their FB pages?

http://www.dtac-promotion.com/

http://www.pro-truemoveh.com/

That doesn't make any sense.

Nor should it unless you are a marketing professional.

Often you want promotions to be focused, targeted, out of sight of competitors, limited in time/scope and measurable. Slapping anything/everything up on a web page, and instantaneously translating it to English, may make more sense to you, but then it wouldn't satisfy the true goals of a promotion.

Edited by lomatopo