Hotel Recommendations Please

Jonny B

hi, looking for a nice hotel/guesthouse to take the wife for a few nights around Cha-Am or Hua Hin, price isnt that much of an issue, as ong as its good value for money. Even better if it has good and reasonable priced food and somewhere nice to have a drink and some evening cocktails would be a bonus.

if anyone has tried some nice hotels there that ticks these boxes then please tell. thanks alot

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

Check this place out.

Scandy resort Cha am

http://scandyresort.com/

The web site is still under construction so not very helpful.

But lt looks like the place can be booked though a couple of hotel booking sites anyway.

The reviews seem pretty good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g297919-d3155488-Reviews-Scandy_Resort-Cha_am_Phetchaburi_Province.html

I was in Cha am recently and although I didn't stay at Scandy resort (I went budget) I did eat there and chatted to the owner who seems like a nice guy.

The location is great right on the beach front.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Check this place out.

Scandy resort Cha am

But lt looks like the place can be booked though a couple of hotel booking sites anyway.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g297919-d3155488-Reviews-Scandy_Resort-Cha_am_Phetchaburi_Province.html

I was in Cha am recently and although I didn't stay at Scandy resort (I went budget) I did eat there and chatted to the owner who seems like a nice guy.

The location is great right on the beach front.

thanks mate, appreciate the tip. Just had a quick look at it however i was looking for something a bit more upmarket/hi-so for the misses. thanks

Check this place out.

Scandy resort Cha am

The location is great right on the beach front

thanks mate, appreciate the tip. Just had a quick look at it however i was looking for something a bit more upmarket/hi-so for the misses. thanks

No worries, but if cost is not an issue then Go for the Centra grand beach resort Hua Hin.

Its a bit high end for my budget but I have a mate who has stayed there and raves about it.

True 5 star luxury.

Beautiful old restored building and great location so if your really hung up on spoiling your partner that should do the job nicely.

http://m.centarahotelsresorts.com/chbr

Good luck

He's bringing his wife. I'm not sure I would recommend Jing's (or anything in that general location) as a treat for the wife. If a better priced option is wanted I would recommend The Sirin Hotel (across the parking lot from McDonalds. Nice mid priced hotel on the main beach street close to shops and restaurants and the in hotel restaurant has some of the best Thai food in downtown at very reasonable prices: sirinhuahin (dot) com

Edited by hhfarang
  • Like 1

As Bazw57 says. The Sofitel Centara is exceptional. If you can get the deluxe pool villa, last time i was there is was about 15K per night, but really worth it, especially for anyone with a kid or two.

The breakfast was superb and the architecture and feel of the place is great.

Having been lucky enough to have stayed in many great hotels around the world over the years, it really is up with with the best.

thanks fellas. il probably go with Amari for myself and the wife for a few nights as it seems pretty decent value. Also trying to find something for less than 1500 baht a night in cha-am for myself and brother to share to the remaining nights, so any good tips for there are welcome, prefer something quiet at night for a good sleep, not above any noisy bars, thanks alot

Jing's Guesthouse is nice, I was there for 4 nights about a month ago. The have suites for 1050 THB a night that are really nice, it is quiet and right in the middle of all the dinning and action area, a five minute walk to the beach.

www.jings.in.th

Hi,

I have to report the opposite experience for Jing's unfortunately. The room, price, staff were great, BUT the noise from all the bars in the area - live bands and karaoke, etc.- was deafening with all doors and windows shut, until 3 am. Lucky I had earplugs, so I could sleep.

I think this would be true for all the guesthouses in the central bar/restaurant area. However, there are two guesthouses out over the water, where you would hear the surf instead of the woof: Sirima 032 511 060 and Mod 032 512 296

I'd consider the Hilton Hotel if you can afford it. It's right on the beach front and the pool area is great for chilling out. The food is very good and the Sky bar on top the hotel is great for a drink in the evenings.

Something for half the price with lovely, traditional decor is the Chalelarn Hotel This is 5 minutes from the beach, has a pool, decent breakfast, great rooms and nice staff. Also close to the night market etc.

thanks fellas. il probably go with Amari for myself and the wife for a few nights as it seems pretty decent value. Also trying to find something for less than 1500 baht a night in cha-am for myself and brother to share to the remaining nights, so any good tips for there are welcome, prefer something quiet at night for a good sleep, not above any noisy bars, thanks alot

If you want something cheap for you and your brother for a couple of nights in Cha am have a look at this place.

http://www.cattareya.com/

I stayed here for 3 nights and while its basic the rooms are clean and its very quiet.

They also have a nice pool which at these very reasonable prices is a real bonus.

Cheap enough that you can afford a room each a no need to share, I paid 600 baht a night and the place is quite close to the beach and a few good restaurants.

Great value if your looking for a budget place for a couple of nights.

I've Given up on Cha-arm now with Hua hin so close and with much better beach, hotels, food and service in most cases.

I stayed at Mod guest house last week. It was alright. Or Fulay. Really nice locations. You can here the sea in bed which i personally like. Both Next to Starbucks not far from the Hilton. 500 - 900 a night.

Hopefully the weather will have got warmer for you.

Goodluck.

• Like 1

Forget the Hilton unless you have kids, it's outdated and in need of a refurb despite the views, the 'home brew' isn't too bad, but you don't need to be a hotel guest to drink there...

Centara (not affiliated with Sofitel anymore, not for a number of years actually)? Rather overrated for what it is...

Looking for a little bit of luxury and throw in a bit of romance? V Villas Hua Hin is what you're looking for, they've just opened some spanking new 1 bedroom pool villas, I stayed there last year when they previously had 2 & 3 bedroom villas, overkill if you're a couple, but butler service can't be beat! Great restaurant and despite all villas having a pool, there's a large pool in front of the beach, perfect for afternoon beverages..

I'd also have a look at the Intercontinental or the Hyatt Regency...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks people, unfortunately alot of the reccommended places/places i would have liked to stay were a bit too pricy so settled for the Amari for myself and the misses for a few nights and the holiday inn for my bro as its close by.

Now for food joints please? No touristy joints thanks, unless the food is awesome. My wife is Thai, so id love so tips on the best food joints both cheap and higher class places that offer the best value and quality, thai or western. Been to hua hin a few times and still cant seem to find great food. Need some places only locals would know.

Cheers