Protester who vandalized police’s name plate was found shot dead

Lite Beer

Whether he was there or not, as law and order breaks down even more than usual, 'local politics' which is a very thuggish and murderous activity at the best of times in Thailand, may well see a spike in the murder rate as people see an opportunity to knock off their rivals to take control of taxi and rot dtoo queues, road-building budgets and contracts, drug-dealing networks, illegal lottery 'concessions', etc and the large profits that come from them.

• Like 1

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's very interesting who can be behind this murder... coffee1.gif Good that our precious police step up so quick to carry on with investigation cheesy.gif

The sign was not just any police sign, if people do a little research then they would know this sign has great significants to Thai people because of a significant person who presented it, and a significant monk who blessed it,

It is irreplaceable, unfortunately this guy who should have known better.

Now time to find the shooter and who ordered the hit...

I see from the earlier photo that the Police sign was directly beneath the image of the King .. of which you can still see the garlands next to the gold and silver offerings. I guess if in another context (time or place) someone had their corporate signage vandalized (along with the revered merit making displays to the King desecrated) they would be quite angry. (Much more angry than say throwing a cup of coffee at an argumentative taxi driver over a 51 Baht fare dispute...or the unfortunate who a couple of years ago and only a few hundred metres from this Police sign decided to vandalize the Phra Phom statue in the Erawan shrine and was beaten to death by onlookers)...

Some of the close up Television News images showed many paper messages being written and stuck to the vandalized signage.. I assume these were messages to the Police (if any Thais are reading this and saw what words were being written and could share translations / meanings it would help a lot).. I understand that some insulting words in Thai can often provoke a lethal response from the person (or patrons of those) being affronted. At least now it has been jointly confirmed by both the victim's family and the Police that this poor unfortunate person had nothing to do with the protests.. so I guess the statement 1 down 20 to go (of those positively identified as vandalizing the Police HQ signage) doesn't apply.

Edited by Bkk Cruiser

I know the coup-mongers will be all up in the air about this and play the holier-than-thou card, plus who the perps were is anybody's guess....However, even in well policed societies it is generally known by the criminal element, that messing with the police personally, is risky......Not that this is anywhere close, but someone who kills or injures a policeman better make tracks, and fast. Revenge may be slow in coming, but come it will....The Police are a fraternity of brothers in the end. You mess with one, you mess with them all.

Unless you are the heir to a famous energy drink.

• Like 1

I know the coup-mongers will be all up in the air about this and play the holier-than-thou card, plus who the perps were is anybody's guess....However, even in well policed societies it is generally known by the criminal element, that messing with the police personally, is risky......Not that this is anywhere close, but someone who kills or injures a policeman better make tracks, and fast. Revenge may be slow in coming, but come it will....The Police are a fraternity of brothers in the end. You mess with one, you mess with them all.

Unless you are the heir to a famous energy drink.

The police sure bent over on that one......Everyone found out that money trumps the mafia..

Chalerm is now in charge, let the killings begin...

Has nothing to do with Chalern, in fact could be totally unrelated... Maybe he threatened his Ajarn for only giving him a GPA of 2.00 ! None of us know what REALLY happened. Another life lost though.

One yellow vandal less...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah so nice that the red sympathizers show their true colors. To them it's okay to murder a so called vandal who destroyed a sign.

And they have the cheek to cry about 'democracy'.

bah.gif

That said, I wont stoop to the level of those who expressed a gleeful reaction to the shooting of UDD/RS leader Kwanchai, in the case of this tragedy.

I suppose the "Red Bull' heir will be shaking in his boots if he reads this. !!

...or the unfortunate who a couple of years ago and only a few hundred metres from this Police sign decided to vandalize the Phra Phom statue in the Erawan shrine and was beaten to death by onlookers)...

From Wikipedia:

At an anti-Thaksin rally on 22 March, government critic Sondhi Limthongkul charged that the destruction of the statue was a plot by a superstitious Thaksin who was seeking to maintain power through black magic. The vandal's father dismissed that notion, and was quoted by The Nation as saying that Sondhi is "the biggest liar I have ever seen." Thaksin, when asked to comment on Sondhi's accusations, simply replied: "That's insane."[7]

That sounds about similar to the accusations thrown here by yellow fascist supporters.

Why not just close this stupid topic. The man had nothing to do with the protest..

Closing it would deprieve us of guffawing at posters like pimpkins, aussiethailand, and tragickingdom, who continue to rant on and on about the protesters, seemingly oblivious of subsequent news reports that said the murder victim wasn't a protester.

It would stop their healthy spleen venting and my healthy laughing.

A lose-lose situation.

Hahaha.... The updated list adds guffaw posts by gerry1011, Cricketnut, and diceq added to the seemingly oblivious.

:cheesy:

Well done, boys. Keep the thread going.

• Like 2

Tell that to englishoak.

In his post just before yours, he emphatically tells us the exact opposite.

Well he is entitled to his opinion. I do not share it. Anything else you want to add?

Actually, let me clarify that. Certainly it could be possible that a group of rogue police officers were responsible. But I very much doubt they were under order from their superior officers. Because firstly the offence wasn't that great, and secondly, the police are under strict orders not to provoke violence. But I can totally understand the average police officer, and the hatred they feel towards these fascist thugs.

This constant "fascist thugs" reference is getting very boring. I know its what you learnt in Psychology 101 and the follow on course - Spin Doctoring, but please, there are many educated people on this forum who can see through this puerile tactic and are well aware of what you are trying to achieve. Believe me politicians have been doing this for years . If you need to use a point of reference please us "people" "Thai people" or simply "protesters"

• Like 1

56 year old 'student'. <deleted>?

Didn't you even bother to read the news report. It did not say he was a student but he was ..... a member of the Network of Students and PEOPLE for Thailand Reform. Presumably he was one of the people and probably not a student involved with the organization.

...or the unfortunate who a couple of years ago and only a few hundred metres from this Police sign decided to vandalize the Phra Phom statue in the Erawan shrine and was beaten to death by onlookers)...

From Wikipedia:

At an anti-Thaksin rally on 22 March, government critic Sondhi Limthongkul charged that the destruction of the statue was a plot by a superstitious Thaksin who was seeking to maintain power through black magic. The vandal's father dismissed that notion, and was quoted by The Nation as saying that Sondhi is "the biggest liar I have ever seen." Thaksin, when asked to comment on Sondhi's accusations, simply replied: "That's insane."[7]

That sounds about similar to the accusations thrown here by yellow fascist supporters.

You continue to repeat totally senseless crap like the above after starting the thread with this:

And now starts the police blame game from the yellow brown shirts.

Do you normally go out of your way to be insulting?

Not only have you failed to exercise any brain functions but just ignore the totally inane posts from some of your fellow one-eyed blockheads.

According to his family he wasn't in Bangkok at the time of the 'attack' on the sign. Secondly, it looks far more like a local spat than BIB revenge. Thirdly, the BIB are not normally that quick-acting.

Unlike you & several others who prefer posting conspiracy rubbish to an ounce of sympathy, I condemn his killing just as I condemned the shooting of Kwanchai in Udon Thani.

• Like 2

I asked a RTP officer why they did not attempt to stop the vandalizing of the sign. " No problems, we filmed them and it will all be sorted when this is over" he replied.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know the coup-mongers will be all up in the air about this and play the holier-than-thou card, plus who the perps were is anybody's guess....However, even in well policed societies it is generally known by the criminal element, that messing with the police personally, is risky......Not that this is anywhere close, but someone who kills or injures a policeman better make tracks, and fast.

That said, I wont stoop to the level of those who expressed a gleeful reaction to the shooting of UDD/RS leader Kwanchai, in the case of this tragedy.

Messing with the police here does not always get you in trouble. There are a few known cases of eluding justice...

A certain idiot with a Ferrari comes to mind...

How fortunate that Chalerm's son was cleared of shooting that policeman in a pub then.

• Like 1

56 year old 'student'. <deleted>?

Obviously a slow learner.

Not as slow as some TV readers. He was "a member of the Network of Students and People for Thailand's Reform." There is no age restriction on being a person in Thailand.

Edited by saroq

jeeezus, it was only a nameplate

technically speaking it was a royal seal

Hoohaa.. all previous photos / clips had always been strangely cropped..but these show that the destroyed signage and Royal Seal that has subsequently been desecrated with what seems to be quite insulting grafitti. These pictures (taken from the skytrain walkway) show that it was also an active pedestal for offerings to the picture of the Head of the Royal Thai Police with the graffiti underneath referring Kwai Police (does this refer to all those who wear the RTF uniform). I can't understand why the Thais seeing these defiled signs (let alone posing in front them) would not feel acute shame, anger and revulsion towards those who both authorized and physically defiled this structure of significance.

post-199215-0-19724200-1390903287_thumb..

post-199215-0-44853500-1390903650_thumb...

post-199215-0-24030700-1390903731_thumb.

Hoohaa.. all previous photos / clips had always been strangely cropped..but these show that the destroyed signage and Royal Seal that has subsequently been desecrated with what seems to be quite insulting grafitti. These pictures (taken from the skytrain walkway) show that it was also an active pedestal for offerings to the picture of the Head of the Royal Thai Police with the graffiti underneath referring Kwai Police (does this refer to all those who wear the RTF uniform). I can't understand why the Thais seeing these defiled signs (let alone posing in front them) would not feel acute shame, anger and revulsion towards those who both authorized and physically defiled this structure of significance.

Logic would dictate to me to ask some of the Thais that were there while you were taking pictures what they felt. I'm sure that would have provided you with a much clearer understanding as to why so many Thais despise the police.

As a separate observation, I would just point out again the the police station incident had nothing to do with the killing in this topic.

Edited by tsnyder