Time is running out for Thailand's embattled government

webfact

I doesn't matter in the long run. Whether it's Yingluck or someone else, whenever the next election takes place, they will be voted in. The people want their vote to be respected and not to be bullied.

Sorry, no one is bullying anyone here. The govt needs to step down as they are costing Thailand its future. This is the reason the protesters are out there for. Everyone respects the vote, that is why they never protested after the election was held. But now they are protesting because the govt. does not respect the people. Get over your "Respect my vote" band wagon. it's not about that.

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doesn't matter in the long run. Whether it's Yingluck or someone else, whenever the next election takes place, they will be voted in. The people want their vote to be respected and not to be bullied.

Correct. However the people also want a govt that rules in a legitimate manner, that does not intimidate opponents and the judiciary, that is not more concerned about their own interests (and that of their DL) than those of the country, that does not use the law as a weapon with the DSI as its attack dog, that is not prepared to bankrupt a bank to maintain a criminally inept rice policy, that is not nepotistic, corrupt and incompetent.

People need to have their vote respected but they also need a govt that respects them. PT fails in all these areas, unless they change their ways they will remain unfit to govern.

No, they don't want a gov't that isn't corrupt. It is well understood that the country and culture accepts corruption. It's a matter of who gets to be corrupt. Those lower down on the social scale can only hope to be higher up and get their slice of the spoils. Years ago, people accepted their place in life and their yearning for the benefits would happen in another life, maybe.

Thailand is the home of the original Trickle Down theory of economics. If I vote for the person who can steal the most, it will trickle down to me.

Can't believe you even wrote that. If that is the case, it will become lawlessness soon. So why bother continuing. Can you imagine corruption stealing so much that there is nothing to steal any more. Then they will start stealing from themselves. Sorry, Thais will not allow that to happen to their country. Maybe it's allowed in country where you came from, but it doesn't have to happen here. That is why changes need to be made. I know it's painful for some, but it's good medicine.

yes, of course the time running out for the goverment. for me with a headline like this is it quiete clear, this admin is on the side of the yellows terrorists. even more evidence is, that he is always calling them only protestors. breaking so many laws up to now he should come them what they are.

Can I borrow your magnifying glass please, has the government broken any laws ??? you will know about that in a month or so.

You need a magnifying glass to see that....cheesy.gif

When the music sops the person holding the parcel will have to do a very un-Thai thing, make a decision. In this case there are two holding the parcel, YL and the EC.

The Constitutional Court tossed this hot issue back by saying the election could be postponed it did not say it has to be / must be / even should be.

YL will want it to go ahead and the EC does not so what next and who will prevail ? I honestly can't see the two sides reaching a reasonable accommodation, I'm sure the election will go ahead and prove nothing.

It just doesn't look good.

If anything the dems might get accused of sabotaging democracy.

What's in a name huh. The democrats who don't play democracy.

At the end of the day,.. it doesn't matter which party is voted in as they are all in it for themselves and in reality the people have little say in the outcome despite appearances.

This actually applies even more in the west (US/UK/AUS etc) as the people are ruled by a Corporate Autocracy and not via a Democracy (just look at what those countries have done to their own constitutions).

But at least in Thailand the people can take to the streets and can hold the country to ransom when they are not happy. Regardless of who is leading such protests, the fact is that they do happen and the people are able to exercise themselves in that way. That is WAY more "democratic" than the western system which would stomp on such public protest in a heartbeat as we have seen with the various "occupy" movements.

Democracy is an illusion created by those in power to appease people and coerce them into compliance and obedience!

I would disagree. If anything, the political principle of parties seems to have hardened on a fundamental basis in recent years.

It has become harder to be a moderate supporter in either direction in recent years.

What bugs me about Suthep's protest movement is that the rice scheme is clearly in difficulty, the fuel subsidies are running at impossible levels and sooner or later the populist policies look doomed to fail.

Rice farmers are angry with the government.

Even the weather has turned cold.

Why isn't the Democrat party prepared to wait it out until the next scheduled election date? Do they fear that even with so much going against PPP/TRT/PT they still can't win an election democratically?

Frankly if I were eligible to vote I still wouldn't bother with any of this lot. Perhaps that is why votes are so easy to buy.

The things you list show what they haven't waited to rally.

Why let the whole thing collapse when you can run off the buggers earlier and save something.

The populist policies are NOW, this moment bankrupting the government ,

and the Rice Farmers not getting paid shows this in a way the rice farmers and others can understand.

Fuel is going to be an issue too before the delayed election comes up, when they can't get loans to

pay the fuel subsidies, that seems on the horizon too.

Cold means heat needed, and electric bills mounting and people in need of help they won't get.

This is a perfect storm brewing and the government keeps blinking as Sutheps rally's don't stop.

they havn't run the buggers off though have they.

They are hiding under the bed showing the world what craven cowards they are.

Looking now like an election will take place at sometime, which puts the dems back out in the cold where they belong. Minority party for the rest of their existence and we hope now that any moderates or free thinkers in the party can set up anew and let Abhisit and Korn wither on the vine with Suthep.

Just like Pitak Siam... It's fizzling out and the backers are having second thoughts. This was PDRC spokesman to the press. We need the money from the Royalties as backers are reluctant to put more money in in case we do not succeed. That from Brother No 2 Akanant.. The skinny weasly one with glasses .. think that is his name

Now surely you cannot believe you can get away with that....?!

Suthep is out on the streets at the head of the rallies, not hiding under the bed (or hiding in Dubai). And those who are attacking the protesters do so in the dead of night or from a distance.

So is it not clear to you who the craven cowards are in the current situation...?!

Another lunatic farang joins the efforts to overthrow the govt, reported in the BP today. The story ( page 3) report that an Englishman, Eddie Trainer, 56, from Manchester has joined ' nice people ' at Lumpini Park , sleeping in a tent ( had his belongings stolen 4 months ago, waiting for a replacement passport). British Embassy.....please expedite the replacement passport so that this moron can be repatriated with the good people of Manchester as a high priority. It is embarrassing for the international community to read reports of feckwits like him being tolerated in Thailand.

yes, of course the time running out for the goverment. for me with a headline like this is it quiete clear, this admin is on the side of the yellows terrorists. even more evidence is, that he is always calling them only protestors. breaking so many laws up to now he should come them what they are.

Can I borrow your magnifying glass please, has the government broken any laws ??? you will know about that in a month or so.

You need a magnifying glass to see that....cheesy.gif

Not really ,BUT whats the use of typing in minute type, use standard, or are you trying to be different Benny. Yes I can read it but some oldsters may have some difficulty. All I say is no need.

What bugs me about Suthep's protest movement is that the rice scheme is clearly in difficulty, the fuel subsidies are running at impossible levels and sooner or later the populist policies look doomed to fail.

Rice farmers are angry with the government.

Even the weather has turned cold.

Why isn't the Democrat party prepared to wait it out until the next scheduled election date? Do they fear that even with so much going against PPP/TRT/PT they still can't win an election democratically?

Frankly if I were eligible to vote I still wouldn't bother with any of this lot. Perhaps that is why votes are so easy to buy.

The things you list show what they haven't waited to rally.

Why let the whole thing collapse when you can run off the buggers earlier and save something.

The populist policies are NOW, this moment bankrupting the government ,

and the Rice Farmers not getting paid shows this in a way the rice farmers and others can understand.

Fuel is going to be an issue too before the delayed election comes up, when they can't get loans to

pay the fuel subsidies, that seems on the horizon too.

Cold means heat needed, and electric bills mounting and people in need of help they won't get.

This is a perfect storm brewing and the government keeps blinking as Sutheps rally's don't stop.

they havn't run the buggers off though have they.

They are hiding under the bed showing the world what craven cowards they are.

Looking now like an election will take place at sometime, which puts the dems back out in the cold where they belong. Minority party for the rest of their existence and we hope now that any moderates or free thinkers in the party can set up anew and let Abhisit and Korn wither on the vine with Suthep.

Just like Pitak Siam... It's fizzling out and the backers are having second thoughts. This was PDRC spokesman to the press. We need the money from the Royalties as backers are reluctant to put more money in in case we do not succeed. That from Brother No 2 Akanant.. The skinny weasly one with glasses .. think that is his name

Now surely you cannot believe you can get away with that....?!

Suthep is out on the streets at the head of the rallies, not hiding under the bed (or hiding in Dubai). And those who are attacking the protesters do so in the dead of night or from a distance.

So is it not clear to you who the craven cowards are in the current situation...?!

If Pipkins loves a bankrupt country, fine.

What about the infirm-elderly-mentally ill-children-you care for them NO, or you would want these PTP people out and quick. How can you love the red brigade and corruption on this level ??? Pipkins time you looked around at the damage caused over the last 3 years.

In my work, I have been interacting with the Bangkok middle class for almost thirty years. Of course, I have become fluent in Thai and feel like I thoroughly understand the culture, the attitudes, and the mind-set that it creates in Bangkokians. Perhaps I have something to say here about the events that are unfolding.

More and more I have been listening to friends voicing their resentment at the International news services (CNN, BBC, Reuters, etc.). The majority of the people I know absolutely believe that they are all in the pockets of Thaksin. I think they believe that he has directly paid them through various spin doctoring agencies or that they simply dont recognize the relentlessness-ruthlessness of the present government in pursuing only one objective. The obvious factor concerning the bias of the international media concerns the idea of dismantling popular elections. This crosses the line which no media service will condone. Personally, I can understand the revulsion and fear that most Western people would experience if a democratic country scrapped elections. However, people in the capital consider any election that has been paid for through corruption, media control, and vote buying is neither free nor fair. Therefore, it is not a democratic election. The last Thai national elections and the one scheduled for the February 2nd agenda, without a doubt, were corrupted and will be corrupted again. They feel that there is no other option but to dismiss any election as so distorted that nothing substantive whatsoever would change. Therefore their voice and their vote would be meaningless. That one greedy, immoral family can control their country affronts their dignity.

From the time the Shinawatra government tried to ram through the amnesty bill at 4:00 a.m. along with the announcement that Thaksins nephew (certainly) and son (probably) would be entering into politics, the lid blew off peoples endurance gauge.

The resentment people have for the international press is expanding. They are reading stories which continuously distorts the facts in accordance with information sent to them through P.R. firms contracted to a convicted criminal. So, in reality they dont do any reportingthey sit in their offices and copy wordfor-word the information sent to them. Sabai.

People are reading the ex-pat forums and see that there are farangs who blatantly distort what they see on the streets. In many cases, even worse than the foreign press. I have read comments where an expat shamelessly wrote that he went to see the protests and observed only a few thousand people had gathered. Actually, there were (as satellite photos bear out) 1,000,000 to 3, 000,000! Other comments praise the administrative abilities of Khun Yingluck while criticizing the mental state of Khun Suthep. All this is 100% upside down and deeply offensive. Some forum users criticized the highly respect monks who have softly participated in some of the gatherings. Obviously they dont have a clue to the grounding they bring to the event. To a growing segment of the anti-government movement, farang ex-pats are becoming the enemies of their quest for freedom. They see that their experiment with democracy gone very wrong and needs to be repaired. They refuse to live under the domination of one utterly and brazenly corrupt family.

The fallout from the many, many comments I just mentioned is that Thais are beginning to question why this country needs expats (particularly the variety I mentioned). The days when the money expats brought into the country was important to the economy has long past. The tourist boom, the banking and financial sector, automobile assembly, construction, etc. has become the driving sectors and long term residents are now expendable.

I think people commenting here ought to consider wisely the consequence of their grossly ill-formed comments. Or, someday soon we will all be struggling against the grain to renew our visas no matter what class they fall into.

Thirty years in Thailand

"From the time the Shinawatra government tried to ram through the amnesty bill at 4:00 a.m. along with the announcement that Thaksins nephew (certainly) and son (probably) would be entering into politics, the lid blew off peoples endurance gauge"

The uprising was planned by former PAD'ers long before this event.

And more implied threats and attempts at intimidation by the OP...been here 30 years? Hasn't seen much from the very blinkered perspective presented here

Threats and intimidation.. seems you are number one there. I could dig up the post where you threatened much more openly as here anyone not supporting your red views... Actually I am going to take the time to look through the posts later on. An other fine example of red dual standards. You got a lot of flack there at that time sure you remember.

Found it

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696881-thai-finance-says-it-cannot-pay-rice-farmers-by-january-15/ (post 10 and onward)

Now everyone can see a fine example of some saying with pot kettle and black

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

I don't believe that is a case of pot/kettle, simply advice that it is never in anyone's interest , from either side of the political divide, to speculate on banks. Such speculation tends to attract those from the shallow end of the gene pool. It's not constructive and can frighten people for no valid reason. Perhaps that was your intent.

I don't believe that is a case of pot/kettle, simply advice that it is never in anyone's interest , from either side of the political divide, to speculate on banks. Such speculation tends to attract those from the shallow end of the gene pool. It's not constructive and can frighten people for no valid reason. Perhaps that was your intent.

Let others judge you that is much better. Actually others did and sided mainly with me on that thread. Something like 10 likes when i commented on your remark.

Anyway I am still indecisive about the role of the foreigner here and politics. No matter how much i like to voice my opinion and I have we as foreigners don't register much yet.

But we are an easy group to pick onto and that could go either way.. red thugs ore yellow thugs. I have had conversations about politics with Thais, they love it if you support them but if you don't many say you should stay out. Now with the bias Western press we might get it if the Shins are finally kicked out. Or maybe not, but fact remains we are a vulnerable group and also deeply divided on where we stand but that is not how Thais see it. They are still quite xenophobic at times.

Edited by robblok

Let others judge you that is much better. Actually others did and sided mainly with me on that thread. Something like 10 likes when i commented on your remark.

Anyway I am still indecisive about the role of the foreigner here and politics. No matter how much i like to voice my opinion and I have we as foreigners don't register much yet.

But we are an easy group to pick onto and that could go either way.. red thugs ore yellow thugs. I have had conversations about politics with Thais, they love it if you support them but if you don't many say you should stay out. Now with the bias Western press we might get it if the Shins are finally kicked out. Or maybe not, but fact remains we are a vulnerable group and also deeply divided on where we stand but that is not how Thais see it. They are still quite xenophobic at times.

Ok, I'm sure you will forgive me for being slightly underwhelmed with concern that some TV posters agreed with you. What you say about the Thai view is just as valid for the tens of millions of Thais NOT supporting change in the way contemplated by Suthep. A few thousand....down to hundreds now...does not a majority make ( even though they might think their views are worth more than other Thai citizens). Very patronizing and blinkered perspective

Ok, I'm sure you will forgive me for being slightly underwhelmed with concern that some TV posters agreed with you. What you say about the Thai view is just as valid for the tens of millions of Thais NOT supporting change in the way contemplated by Suthep. A few thousand....down to hundreds now...does not a majority make ( even though they might think their views are worth more than other Thai citizens). Very patronizing and blinkered perspective

I would not have suspected you to act any different, that is why put it out there in the open so others could judge you themselves. I have already sized you up and judged you, that is my personal opinion. I am pretty sure you have done the same with me and others. All i just did was provide people with some information on you. Good for those that not already know you.

About my Thai view you are absolutely right, I was not saying that it was a red or yellow view. It is a general view that as long as we agree with their stance (be it red or anti government) they are happy. The moment it does not we are asked to stay out of it or we don't know what we are talking about. This was not about red or anti government. Either could see us as the enemy as its better to focus on an outside force then look inside where the real troubles are. Thais still are xenophobic, more then a few reds view foreigners as the enemy and same goes for the anti government protesters.

They think we are all the same (some reds could think we are all anti government and vice versa for the anti government group). Fact is we are an easy target easy to identify. On the outside (unless they want to show) Thais can hide it well what their views are. We can't hide our perceived preference. That is the only thing that sometimes gives me time to pause.. but we are dammed anyway whoever we support.

In my work, I have been interacting with the Bangkok middle class for almost thirty years. Of course, I have become fluent in Thai and feel like I thoroughly understand the culture, the attitudes, and the mind-set that it creates in Bangkokians. Perhaps I have something to say here about the events that are unfolding.

More and more I have been listening to friends voicing their resentment at the International news services (CNN, BBC, Reuters, etc.). The majority of the people I know absolutely believe that they are all in the pockets of Thaksin. I think they believe that he has directly paid them through various spin doctoring agencies or that they simply don’t recognize the relentlessness-ruthlessness of the present government in pursuing only one objective. The obvious factor concerning the bias of the international media concerns the idea of dismantling popular elections. This crosses the line which no media service will condone. Personally, I can understand the revulsion and fear that most Western people would experience if a democratic country scrapped elections. However, people in the capital consider any election that has been paid for through corruption, media control, and vote buying is neither free nor fair. Therefore, it is not a “democratic” election. The last Thai national elections and the one scheduled for the February 2nd agenda, without a doubt, were corrupted and will be corrupted again. They feel that there is no other option but to dismiss any election as so distorted that nothing substantive whatsoever would change. Therefore their voice and their vote would be meaningless. That one greedy, immoral family can control their country affronts their dignity.

From the time the Shinawatra government tried to ram through the amnesty bill at 4:00 a.m. along with the announcement that Thaksin’s nephew (certainly) and son (probably) would be entering into politics, the lid blew off people’s endurance gauge.

The resentment people have for the international press is expanding. They are reading stories which continuously distorts the facts in accordance with information sent to them through P.R. firms contracted to a convicted criminal. So, in reality they don’t do any reporting…they sit in their offices and copy word–for-word the information sent to them. Sabai.

People are reading the ex-pat forums and see that there are farangs who blatantly distort what they see on the streets. In many cases, even worse than the foreign press. I have read comments where an expat shamelessly wrote that he went to see the protests and observed only a few thousand people had gathered. Actually, there were (as satellite photos bear out) 1,000,000 to 3, 000,000! Other comments praise the administrative abilities of Khun Yingluck while criticizing the mental state of Khun Suthep. All this is 100% upside down and deeply offensive. Some forum users criticized the highly respect monks who have softly participated in some of the gatherings. Obviously they don’t have a clue to the grounding they bring to the event. To a growing segment of the anti-government movement, farang ex-pats are becoming the enemies of their quest for freedom. They see that their experiment with democracy gone very wrong and needs to be repaired. They refuse to live under the domination of one utterly and brazenly corrupt family.

The fallout from the many, many comments I just mentioned is that Thai’s are beginning to question why this country needs expats (particularly the variety I mentioned). The days when the money expats brought into the country was important to the economy has long past. The tourist boom, the banking and financial sector, automobile assembly, construction, etc. has become the driving sectors and long term residents are now expendable.

I think people commenting here ought to consider wisely the consequence of their grossly ill-formed comments. Or, someday soon we will all be struggling against the grain to renew our visas no matter what class they fall into.

Thirty years in Thailand

"From the time the Shinawatra government tried to ram through the amnesty bill at 4:00 a.m. along with the announcement that Thaksin’s nephew (certainly) and son (probably) would be entering into politics, the lid blew off people’s endurance gauge"

The uprising was planned by former PAD'ers long before this event.

of course all the yellows are not corrupt and all of them are really democrats. you can see this by counting how many laws have been brocken already from the yellows. and this sick guy suthep is a withe sheep, never convicted for corruption :-D i think you must be sick like him to tell a shit like this. to say the international media is corrupt, got paid from yingluck/thaskin and to say the number of this anti democratic rebells is this high shows clearly you have a big problem with your head.

Edited by benny1616
  • Like 1

Another reform which I think would be a good ideais to abolish party list MPs completely and then divide the populationof Thailand by 600 MPs (what there are now) say 66,000,000 which is 110,000 and allocate 1 MP per 110,000 head of population. Thatway everybody will have an MP who will have to stand at the constituency elections and be elected by the people and not by the party.

Any MP who becomes a minister including the PM retains his constituency seat and it cannot be handed off to anybody else, family or otherwise.

If the said MP is charged with any criminal offence then he is on standby and can no longer take part in parliament until proved innocent or guilty.

If innocent then the MP goes back, if guilty then he is sacked from parliament and a by election is called and all the expenses therein charged to that MP personal.

NO parliamentary immunity will be allowed from the very top including the PM to the newest MP.

Some good ideas!

Thank you kind sir, he said.

There are also tens of millions of Thais who do NOT support Thaksin. Do you not think that their votes and feeling count?

When the music sops the person holding the parcel will have to do a very un-Thai thing, make a decision. In this case there are two holding the parcel, YL and the EC.

The Constitutional Court tossed this hot issue back by saying the election could be postponed it did not say it has to be / must be / even should be.

YL will want it to go ahead and the EC does not so what next and who will prevail ? I honestly can't see the two sides reaching a reasonable accommodation, I'm sure the election will go ahead and prove nothing.

It just doesn't look good.

If anything the dems might get accused of sabotaging democracy.

What's in a name huh. The democrats who don't play democracy.

Mai Khao Jai, not same countlee me.

I've always been suspicious of any party, country etc that uses words like democrat, democratic or peoples' etc. For example Lao PDR, Peoples Republic of China, North Korea and various countries in Africa and elsewhere. They couldn't be more opposite than the name implies.

You make a good point so are you also suspicious of the UDD then??? Think it through.

There are also tens of millions of Thais who do NOT support Thaksin. Do you not think that their votes and feeling count?

They suppose to be count on election poll innit? But Democrats,PADies and their backers do no want it. They do not need law they need war and blood, obvious.

They suppose to be count on election poll innit? But Democrats,PADies and their backers do no want it. They do not need law they need war and blood, obvious.

Not really they just want some changes in the law so corrupt politicians will have a harder time stealing from the country.

Not because they themselves are angels but because they wont be in power much.. if i cant steal nobody can..

I love it as the winners are the people of Thailand if corruption is attacked. Strange that the reds don't want it.

• Like 1

Not really they just want some changes in the law so corrupt politicians will have a harder time stealing from the country.

Not because they themselves are angels but because they wont be in power much.. if i cant steal nobody can..

I love it as the winners are the people of Thailand if corruption is attacked. Strange that the reds don't want it.

Just for most of thai voters is more then clear that that Thaksin haters are corruption founders and Democrats and PADies bought votes before Thaksin was born.

• Like 1

Just for most of thai voters is more then clear that that Thaksin haters are corruption founders and Democrats and PADies bought votes before Thaksin was born.

Stupid response.. WHY does JL not seriously go after corruption and the others want it.. its simple.. her family is in it for the money.

I don't understand why not everyone would welcome tougher corruption laws. Tell me what is wrong with Suthep his suggestion that there is no statement of limitation on corruption. If she was sincere she would suggest it too.. or maybe just maybe it does not benefit her brother with all his cases waiting. So that would mean an other clear example of brother T first country later.

If not for his amnesty pushed on at 4am this crisis would not be here.

• Like 1

Heina you said that the democrats and the Pad bought votes before Taksin was born.. I was under the impression that Thailand has not been a democracy that long and that voting is a relatively new thing. I thought mr T was born before the 1970.

Does this mean you don't know what you are talking about or am I misinformed ?

Heina you said that the democrats and the Pad bought votes before Taksin was born.. I was under the impression that Thailand has not been a democracy that long and that voting is a relatively new thing. I thought mr T was born before the 1970.

With all due respect you certainly have to refresh you Thai history knowledge. I can recommend some books about year 1946 in thai.

With all due respect you certainly have to refresh you Thai history knowledge. I can recommend some books about year 1946 in thai.

As far as wiki goes it says something about military led governments from 1932 up until 1973 the student uprising. Please give me some reference.

The naivety of the foreign media is breathtaking. do they not realise that with a job like 'head of research in Bangkok for Thanachart Securities' this person is de facto a Yellow shirt. Don't Bloomberg have a reporter with a pair of green wellies who could ask a peasant farmer in Phayao whether he agrees with this analysis and present some sort of balanced report?

As far as wiki goes it says something about military led governments from 1932 up until 1973 the student uprising. Please give me some reference.

Ah just found some election results for democrats but they go back to 1957 and taksin was born in 1949 so you were wrong anyway. I was not 100% correct either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(Thailand)

Sorasak Ngamcachokulkid 1991 The free thai movement and Thailand's internal conflicts

Ah just found some election results for democrats but they go back to 1957 and taksin was born in 1949 so you were wrong anyway. I was not 100% correct either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(Thailand)

Google again. Year 1946.

The naivety of the foreign media is breathtaking. do they not realise that with a job like 'head of research in Bangkok for Thanachart Securities' this person is de facto a Yellow shirt. Don't Bloomberg have a reporter with a pair of green wellies who could ask a peasant farmer in Phayao whether he agrees with this analysis and present some sort of balanced report?

The modern society sick. They do not respect farmers as estate dealers, securities traders or porn actors and they call it hiso. Edited by heina