Bangkok Hotels and Club Rooms

RAZZELL

Mrs Razz and i will soon be back in Bangkok...smile.png

For a little treat we fancy a few days in a Club room in a 5* hotel.

I know Banyan Tree isn't a "real" 5* (maybe 4*?) but they have a very good deal on Club and one bedroom suites.

The one bedroom suite is 6715+ baht per night and the if you stay 2 nights or more you can book the "Gastronomic Delights" deal which includes 2 free dinners for 7,900+ baht per night.

However, the main attraction is free booze from 10am-8pm biggrin.png

We're considering this or the Shangri-la or any other suggestions. 7-10k a night is fine. The Peninsula is a bit out of our budget whistling.gif

Many thanks for any suggestions. wai.gif

RAZZ

I am yet to stay in a 'Club" room where the club offers free booze all day. The norm is for pre dinner cocktails 18:00-20:00. Yes free soft drinks and tea and coffee all day. If you want free booze look for an all inclusive hotel I am sure there will be an abundance of alcoholics to mix with.

I am yet to stay in a 'Club" room where the club offers free booze all day. The norm is for pre dinner cocktails 18:00-20:00. Yes free soft drinks and tea and coffee all day. If you want free booze look for an all inclusive hotel I am sure there will be an abundance of alcoholics to mix with.

Very droll whistling.gif

I quote from the Banyan Tree website.

Banyan Tree Club guest privileges have been thoughtfully included to provide additional convenience:

• Access to the Club Lounge, located on 19th floor, open daily from 7:00am to 10:00pm
  • Registration and express check-out at the Club Lounge (during operating hour)
  • Welcome herbal drinks
  • Exclusive full buffet breakfast served at Club Lounge from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
  • Complimentary beverage drinks (soft drink, tea and coffee) and light snacks at the Club Lounge from 7.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
  • Complimentary free flow with selection of Local Beers from 10:00am to 08:00pm; charged as per consumption after 8.00 p.m.
  • Complimentary evening canapés at the Club Lounge from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
  • Complimentary wireless internet usage at the Club Lounge
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing for up to 2 pieces a day (4 items a day for Two-Bedroom Suite)
  • Complimentary use of boardroom (maximum 8 persons, for up to 3 hours per stay) subject to availability

Hence my interest. It seems a good deal even if you're not an alcoholic tongue.png

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 1

We stayed in one of them Club Rooms a couple of weeks back as a birthday treat for the good lady, lovely room and we took full advantage of the snacks and drinks in the lounge.

We had a drink on the rooftop bar, stunning view, but it was packed solid.

We also had a meal up there, very expensive but OK, maybe we overdid the drinks and snack before we went up there.

The location is not that convenient and because of the buildings foot print the pool was relatively small, quite a few people went away as they couldn't sit by the pool.

We paid 6900 Baht for a Club Room with Agoda.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys thumbsup.gif

It will be for my birthday and after we've done all the family stuff etc

I know the location is a but duff but it will only be for a night or two.

The Old Git - what about 7900 baht for this at the Banyan Tree?

Book the Gastronomic Delights of Bangkok promotion with a minimum stay of 2 consecutive nights and enjoy the following inclusions:

• Accommodation in a Banyan Tree Club Room or a One-Bedroom Suite
  • Daily buffet breakfast for two persons at Club Lounge
  • One 3-course al-fresco dining experience for two persons at the stylish open-air Vertigo Restaurant
  • One Chinese set dinner for two persons at Bai Yun Restaurant
  • An exclusive 30% discount at Banyan Tree Spa (excluding beauty treatments)
  • Complimentary access to Club Lounge

Might have a mini-tour and go next door to The Sukhothai and then the Shangri-la smile.png

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Looks like a pretty good deal Razz, we couldn't really justify two nights, we can just about see our condo from the roof bar.

We go to a few do's at The Sukhothai, it's very nice, we would have stayed there but her ladyship wanted to go to the rooftop bar.

• Like 1

Looks like a pretty good deal Razz, we couldn't really justify two nights, we can just about see our condo from the roof bar.

We go to a few do's at The Sukhothai, it's very nice, we would have stayed there but her ladyship wanted to go to the rooftop bar.

Always fancied going to the Banyan Tree rooftop bar...but hear the food is waaayy overpriced and nothing special.

Could always save the money and go to a few hotel buffets/brunch's instead? smile.png

Freeflow of course wink.png

RAZZ