PDRC sets up rally stage to stymie advance voting in Surat Thani

Lite Beer

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 35m

PDRC protesters, led by Thavorn Senneam, arrived at Bang Kapi polling station. EC officials were barred access (6am). #Thailand

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 21m

PDRC protesters locked gate of Dusit polling station at Sukhothai School (where Gen Prem will vote) & chased EC officials away #Thailand

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 9m

More than 80,000 voters registered for advanced voting at Bang Kapi polling station are disenfranchised due to obstruction by PDRC. SHAME!

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 8m

PDRC protesters blocking access to Saphan Sung polling station. Voters can't enter.

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 6m

Jatujak polling station at St John College is surrounded by PDRC protesters. Voters can't enter.

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 2m

Polling stations for advance voting in BKK's Bang Kapi, Bang Khen, Jatujak & Dusit districts are blocked by PDRC. (7.30am)

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk now

EC officials at Klong Toey polling station announced voting is canceled due to obstruction by PDRC protesters. (7.35am)

We were told emphatically by pontificating members on the forum yesterday that there were only a few dozen protesters left.

It's amazing that so few could do so much.

You only need 50 - 100 to go to each polling station, especially if police aren't going to do anything.

But we were assured just yesterday by vociferous experts that there weren't even that many protesters left.

So let me get this straight....Government supporters, keep saying, there are only about 100 protesters left, (I guess, they weren't at the stage where Suthep spoke last night) but the protesters manage to shut down all these polling stations, without the police doing anything? I see, the puzzle is coming together and when it is finished, it will look like this.....

post-25708-0-76975900-1390701539_thumb.j

• Like 2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So let me get this straight....Government supporters, keep saying, there are only about 100 protesters left, (I guess, they weren't at the stage where Suthep spoke last night) but the protesters manage to shut down all these polling stations, without the police doing anything? I see, the puzzle is coming together and when it is finished, it will look like this.....

attachicon.giftandy.jpg

Well I'm a supporter of democracy, so lets count them!

In the Thonburi picture, I count 30 people who aren't soldiers in the lower picture, with 4 of them carrying visible protestor insignias, difficult to know if they're voters or protestors just hanging around waiting to vote. I count 7 uniformed officers there.

post-199953-0-42281900-1390701754_thumb.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

attachicon.giftandy.jpg

In the dusit polling station picture I count 24 in front of the polling station.

post-199953-0-47237400-1390702030_thumb.

attachicon.giftandy.jpg

In the bangkapi picture, I count the shadows of 2 people and one cameraman. It seems even the shadow of a protestor is enough to close a polling station if the system is corrupt enough to try to block elections....

post-199953-0-27812700-1390702200_thumb.

This is another slap in the face for the goverment . Chalerm must be running around like a chook with out a head now every idea they have come up with to push through this election has hit the wall. Maybe it's a good time for each side to sit down at the table and work things out.

So as they are prohibiting people from voting I guess there is no need to keep the bars closed or the fridges locked they were only closed so that people would go and vote. I say let's get pissed instead.

• Like 1

More ridicule in the western media. "Now stopping people from voting in the name of democracy,"

Watch out though mob. One mob has been run off site and another is currently suffering severe verbal abuse.

We know what happens now. If the voters get the jump on them... They will be running as well.. Those that still can.

Most refreshing pic of the year. Voters indimidating the mob..... :) Small start, but they could get the momentum here.

Be3yw86CAAIpFvE.jpg

attachicon.giftandy.jpg

In the bangkapi picture, I count the shadows of 2 people and one cameraman. It seems even the shadow of a protestor is enough to close a polling station if the system is corrupt enough to try to block elections....

Wouldn't surprise me if the EC officials had already written this Polling-Station-Closed "poster" yesterday ....

More good news from the South. Last bastion of non-corruption.

Full article on slavery in the South. Hmmmm wonder who rules over that part of the Country. This has been going on for years and often, dead mutilated bodies are found in the sea of Burmese slave fishermen.

Dear Suthep. Do you think Obama does not know that the South of Thailand is a mafia stronghold and much more corrupt and vicious than the North. UN even reported on Thai navy involvement. So... they manned up... and sued a Phuket news paper

Business as usual down there and dont' expect any change soon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25814718

So let me get this right.

There's an election taking place

There is a state of emergency on

130,000 police mobilised for the election

Massive street protests

And CMPO doesn't think to do anything?

Who's getting fired in the morning?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The most important thing in a democracy is the RIGHT to vote. To take away that right by intimidation is a crime of the highest magnitude and should be punished to the maximum allowed by the law.

There is no law enforcement in this country. Ridiculous that a mob of a few thousand people can stop an election.

Basically Thailand is a failed state. Even Myanmar had elections.

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 35m

PDRC protesters, led by Thavorn Senneam, arrived at Bang Kapi polling station. EC officials were barred access (6am). #Thailand

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 21m

PDRC protesters locked gate of Dusit polling station at Sukhothai School (where Gen Prem will vote) & chased EC officials away #Thailand

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 9m

More than 80,000 voters registered for advanced voting at Bang Kapi polling station are disenfranchised due to obstruction by PDRC. SHAME!

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 8m

PDRC protesters blocking access to Saphan Sung polling station. Voters can't enter.

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 6m

Jatujak polling station at St John College is surrounded by PDRC protesters. Voters can't enter.

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk 2m

Polling stations for advance voting in BKK's Bang Kapi, Bang Khen, Jatujak & Dusit districts are blocked by PDRC. (7.30am)

Sunai ‏@sunaibkk now

EC officials at Klong Toey polling station announced voting is canceled due to obstruction by PDRC protesters. (7.35am)

We were told emphatically by pontificating members on the forum yesterday that there were only a few dozen protesters left.

It's amazing that so few could do so much.

You only need 50 - 100 to go to each polling station, especially if police aren't going to do anything.

I think five thugs is more than enough, especially if police aren't going to do anything.

more violence from the southern thugs, intimate people with bodily harm if they don't do what they say.

Are you talking about the square face man , he has been telling people what to do for years , and continues to do so .

attachicon.giftandy.jpg

Well I'm a supporter of democracy, so lets count them!

In the Thonburi picture, I count 30 people who aren't soldiers in the lower picture, with 4 of them carrying visible protestor insignias, difficult to know if they're voters or protestors just hanging around waiting to vote. I count 7 uniformed officers there.

To kurtgruen

BTW, where did Suthep speak last night??? Which were "all these" polling stations shut down??? I am really puzzled why the thugs did not ask for more money to do a criminal job with a penalty of maximum 10 years jail term. Of course, threat from thugs' leaders to harm their family are real and cost more. Go home, you got caught while your leaders go free and hahahahaha with plenty of money in their pockets. LOL.

more violence from the southern thugs, intimate people with bodily harm if they don't do what they say.

Ummm I see no threat of bodily harm in that article, your "southern thugs" comment (in various threads) seems a bit absurd as well. While certainly many of the guards are from the South, the majority of protesters are not. Why them being from the same region as the leader seems to bother you, I have no idea. They are Thais. They are practicing civil disobedience. The protests have been largely non violent and when violent mostly by the allied but separate NSPRT group or the RU student group along with the redshirts.

Keep coming back though. It is always good to see how those that see Suthep as evil think.

You are so wrong. The southerners are armed with weapons as they are guards. That in itself is intimidating. These are thugs hired by suthep to stop the election at any cost as he says every day.

But keep coming back and telling us how great suthep is. OK????

Ummm I see no threat of bodily harm in that article, your "southern thugs" comment (in various threads) seems a bit absurd as well. While certainly many of the guards are from the South, the majority of protesters are not. Why them being from the same region as the leader seems to bother you, I have no idea. They are Thais. They are practicing civil disobedience. The protests have been largely non violent and when violent mostly by the allied but separate NSPRT group or the RU student group along with the redshirts.

Keep coming back though. It is always good to see how those that see Suthep as evil think.

You will get used to Nowhereman60 comments if you has constantly saw his posting in the political news section.

He is in favor of pro-govt supporters using violence. Only pro-govt, not other groups of anti-govt.

And SOUTHERN THUGS is always represent as the whole anti-govt protesters.

So, get used to it. wink.png

I suggest you get some truth in your posts, I live a couple of hundred metres from this rally and it is extremely peaceful. Went for a walk through it this morning and they are all friendly and simply welcoming everyone, even the police are mixing with them. Love the way you lot have got to lie and use innuendo(big word for you hey) to try to push your bias, pathetic. Evert time I see one of yopur posts I simply piss myself laughing as that is all they are good forcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

well all I can say is what several red posters are saying is all bullshit, so much for the sothern thugs, nazis etc comments, The protest in Phokhuntale road is extremely peaceful has been since it was set up yesterday. We have driven through it and walked through it, there is no signs of violence in fact the exact opposite, police are mingling with the crowds and everyone is quite happy, even the voters that turn up. They just accept what is happening and either walk through the crowd to vote or just join in the fun. Those trying to paint a different picture are simply pathetic jerk.gif that have nothing better to do than bitch. Just goes to show how small some minds are, their posts are becoming more and more laughable. Even though it is quite a large crowd, even living close to it we have no noise problems at out house at all, looks like the red brigade in here are full of s**t.

Their training videos were made in 2010 by a mob under the control of two now cabinet ministers but of course that's different.

Before you start don't agree with their plans.

So you have no problem intimidating and preventing voters exercising their rights?

I said I don't agree with their plans ? Am I going too fast for you ?

Not even in the same lane but it's possible you will eventually catch up. 1507621.GIF

Their training videos were made in 2010 by a mob under the control of two now cabinet ministers but of course that's different.

Before you start don't agree with their plans.

The 2010 protests demanded a vote. The 2014 protests are adamant that there should not be a vote.

Wouldn't surprise me if the EC officials had already written this Polling-Station-Closed "poster" yesterday ....

Is there color coding on these signs? I notice the professionally printed ones are nearly always done in blue like its a code.

The blue color was specifically chosen just so that bluenosecodger could endlessly speculate on the most trivial aspect.