Good to see Bangkok AIrways competitive with AIr Asia BKK-CNX

KED

I am planning a trip from Bangkok to Chiang Mai around 4March-9March and am happy to see Bangkok Airways is the same cost, if not less, than Air Asia. I just wish that were the case on similar routes, like Bangkok to Siem Reap.

If the same price or a little more expensive then Bangkok Airways is definitely the better choice with free 15 kg backage allowance and their lounge in both BKK and CNX.

Can you provide a reference for the posted fares? On-line, I could only price Bangkok Airways at about $244, return trip, whereas Air Asia was $96. I'll be travelling mid-March.

I guess different dates will provide different results. I was looking in early March and Bangkok Airways fares were 79 USD roundtrip.

Have a look at www.bangkokair.com/promotions/chinese_new_year_2014 - Bangkok - Chiang Mai B1,190 + 100 tax & includes 20kg baggage + a bonus 10kg per flight if you sign up to their frequent flyer programme.

Valid for travel 01 Mar - 30 Apr 14 & bookings must be made/paid by 03 Feb 14.

This promotion is only open to Thai residents.

Have a look at www.bangkokair.com/promotions/chinese_new_year_2014 - Bangkok - Chiang Mai B1,190 + 100 tax & includes 20kg baggage + a bonus 10kg per flight if you sign up to their frequent flyer programme.

So get your wife or girlfriend to book it. If you don't have one...get one, they have more uses than just under the sheets.

• Like 1

So get your wife or girlfriend to book it. If you don't have one...get one, they have more uses than just under the sheets.

I don't think my husband would be very happy about that!

• Like 1

Just done three day trip to Chiang Mai using Bangkok Airways, got a good price only about 100 baht more than Nok Air and as we live nearer Suvarnabhumi than Don Mueang so it was by far the best option. Full (cold) meal service to, no requirement for proof of residency. Was booked while in Thailand so I don't know if that makes a difference.

this is open to eveybody, not only for thai residents, who is telling this bullshit? but promotion make only sense for thai flights, for flights outside thailand the prices are without Passenger Service Charge and Airline Fuel Fee what is about 4-5 times the promotion price

this is open to eveybody, not only for thai residents, who is telling this bullshit? but promotion make only sense for thai flights, for flights outside thailand the prices are without Passenger Service Charge and Airline Fuel Fee what is about 4-5 times the promotion price

I clicked on the link provided by 'iang' and it stated that the promotion was only available to Thai residents.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can anybody comment on Nok Air to Don Muang from CNX?

NA are having a promotion now if you are a member of their NA Fan Club (it only costs B200). Not sure what the actual price is, but it's more than B1,500.

The new airline - Lion Air are doing cheap flights to Don Muang for about B1,300 - 1,500 inclusive.

Testing them out this weekend

Thanks to you(r post) I just booked a 2580 THB ticket CNX-BKK-CNX for April. Grapped the last seat. Now I have to cancel my Thai (UN)smile ticket (7710 THB) . Business Class, what a joke. At least low cancellation fee.

• Like 1

I tried the new THai Lion Air .

Return flight CNX-DMK-CNX last week was 1630 bahts including 15 Kg checked baggages.

Plane are brand new 737-900 NG seating similar to Air Asia. Staff polite and smiling.

Hot food available aboard for around 130 B. Beverages about 50-60 bahts.

Note: The WEB site is not ready to do Web check-in yet. So seat are allocated at check-in.

So I was happy with the experience.

Return flight CNX-DMK-CNX last week was 1630 bahts including 15 Kg checked baggages.

Plane are brand new 737-900 NG seating similar to Air Asia. Staff polite and smiling.

Note: The WEB site is not ready to do Web check-in yet. So seat are allocated at check-in.

Thanks for this heads-up re Lion Air.

Just looked at departures and arrivals at CNX and, while all the other airlines show "landed" or whatever, Lion Air simply shows "scheduled". Is this significant in any way?

Thanks for this heads-up re Lion Air.

Just looked at departures and arrivals at CNX and, while all the other airlines show "landed" or whatever, Lion Air simply shows "scheduled". Is this significant in any way?

I am not an airline expert in airport flight indicator. It seem that some flightv are not fully integrated in the system. If you look at DMK ( Don Meuang) you can view that some flight from Air Asia also show only "scheduled" like their flight to Chiangrai , Phuket and Surat Thani. Maybe an "expert" can explain the difference. But when I was actually at the Airport the flight are shown real time on the indicatoe even Thai Lion Air. Why noyt on Internet...I do not know.

Very pleasantly surprised by Bangkok Airways. I have long been a loyal devotee of Air Asia (especially since boycotting Thai airways after they forced all the budget airlines to DMK) but recently enjoyed some flights to Chiang Mai and also Udon Thani, both from BKK.

Prices are the same or cheaper than other airlines, and you get treated much better - airport lounges with free coffee and snacks, always a meal on the plane (even on 1hr flights), free 15kg baggage allowance and just generally the feeling that you are a human being and not cattle.

Great job Bangkok Airways - the other airlines could learn a thing or two from you.

• Like 1

Very pleasantly surprised by Bangkok Airways. I have long been a loyal devotee of Air Asia (especially since boycotting Thai airways after they forced all the budget airlines to DMK) but recently enjoyed some flights to Chiang Mai and also Udon Thani, both from BKK.

Prices are the same or cheaper than other airlines, and you get treated much better - airport lounges with free coffee and snacks, always a meal on the plane (even on 1hr flights), free 15kg baggage allowance and just generally the feeling that you are a human being and not cattle.

Great job Bangkok Airways - the other airlines could learn a thing or two from you.

Just to point out that PG's standard free hold-luggage allowance is 20 kgs, not 15 kgs, and that (as others already added) you can join their FlyerBonus Scheme free, and immediately get a further 10 kgs onto your first/subsequent flights with them.

I've also found them undemanding, when returning heavily-laden from a long-haul trip, with two (or even three) reasonably-sized carry-ons.

With their lounges, and superior in-flight catering, Bangkok Airways have been my domestic-carrier-of-choice for a couple of years now. thumbsup.gif

Now if they could just offer these special-fares all-the-time, they'd be perfect ! laugh.png