Non 'o' to Non 'b'.

I am currently on a Non 'o' visa,and have started work the last few months,the company I am employed by are giving me all the paperwork to change from non 'o' to non'b'.my question is what is the process involved,and were is the best place to go to do this?.

Thanks,

PST.

You can get a work permit and work on your non-o visa based upon marriage.

If your income is 40k baht or more you can get an extension of stay based upon marriage using tax payments along with the work permit to prove your income.

How long have you been working and is your income over 40K baht? You only need 2 months of income proof to get the extension based upon marriage.

If you need more time you can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

You can still travel with an extension of stay. You just need to get a re-entry permit.

With an extension of stay you would not need to do border runs every 90 days.

If you can't get the extension or don't want to do it you can keep your multiple entry non-o.

There is no reason to get a B visa.

Thanks for the replies,but I'm a tad confused....I currently have a non 'o' visa,and I do a visa run every 3 months,my next turn around is due mid feb,but the company I have just started to work for are providing me with a work permit,my question is,do I do my normal visa run,or go to immigration in Phuket with the paperwork the company will provide for work permit?.I live in Phuket,and I'm married to a Thai

PST

Thanks for the replies,but I'm a tad confused....I currently have a non 'o' visa,and I do a visa run every 3 months,my next turn around is due mid feb,but the company I have just started to work for are providing me with a work permit,my question is,do I do my normal visa run,or go to immigration in Phuket with the paperwork the company will provide for work permit?.I live in Phuket,and I'm married to a Thai

PST

Immigration has nothing to do with the work permit being issued.

You don't need a B visa to get the work permit. Just be sure the company includes a copy of your marriage certificate with the work permit application.

Getting the work permit does not mean you can't do the border run for another entry next month.

I have written before about get an extension of stay based upon marriage previously. Getting this extension would be better than getting an extension based upon working because it would not go away if you loose your job.

• Like 1

I turned down a position in Phuket a few years ago as the company were adamant the labour office do not issue WP on non o visa or extension.and had to obtain a non B. The OP needs clarification on this.

The latest info I have seen is that they do them,

Perhaps company got info from an agent or lawyer who for business reasons said it couldn't be done.

I believe the company likes you to have a non b, as this gives them more control over you. Keep your non o and you will have no problems getting a work permit.

I very much agree woth the above. So much so that when I do go looking for work, I must work on my O visa. You will be in a world of hurt if you get released and especially teaching agencies do it all the time.

Question, not to hijack: How is if at all the work permit affected when a person is on an O visa, not extended. What happens when the visa expires and you leave for a new one, obtain a new one. Is the wp affected, if so how? Thank you.

A work permit would not be tied to your 90 day visa entry or the visas expiration date. Work permits are normally issued for one year.

Many people have multiple entry visas and make border runs for new entries all the time while having a work permit.

I have "An extension of stay based on marriage" which is up for renewal in March 2014. I also have a WP which was issued to me last July and is valued till the end of June 2014.

My question is when I renew my "Extension of stay based on marriage" do I just show the normal paperwork requirements only or do I have to show my WP and tax receipt for 2013 as well?

Thanks in advance.

I have "An extension of stay based on marriage" which is up for renewal in March 2014. I also have a WP which was issued to me last July and is valued till the end of June 2014.

My question is when I renew my "Extension of stay based on marriage" do I just show the normal paperwork requirements only or do I have to show my WP and tax receipt for 2013 as well?

Thanks in advance.

If you use the 40k baht income option you would need to show them if you used your income from working as proof.

For 400k baht in the bank it would not be needed.

• Like 1

it depends on if you show income or money in the bank. If based on income, they will want to see the WP and tax documents. If based on money in the bank it is not required. But take the WP with you anyway, just in case. As they might want to check if you are working legally.

it depends on if you show income or money in the bank. If based on income, they will want to see the WP and tax documents. If based on money in the bank it is not required. But take the WP with you anyway, just in case. As they might want to check if you are working legally.

Cheers Mario2008.

Thanks in advance.

If you use the 40k baht income option you would need to show them if you used your income from working as proof.

For 400k baht in the bank it would not be needed.

Cheers ubonjoe.

I turned down a position in Phuket a few years ago as the company were adamant the labour office do not issue WP on non o visa or extension.and had to obtain a non B. The OP needs clarification on this.

Perhaps company got info from an agent or lawyer who for business reasons said it couldn't be done.

You post very good info, and I very much appreciate it, but one day you will have to realize you can't ALWAYS get a work permit with a non-o visa. It would be like saying a human being is always taller than 5 feet. Should you be able to get one, and can you get one, are different questions of course.

Edited by meand

You post very good info, and I very much appreciate it, but one day you will have to realize you can't ALWAYS get a work permit with a non-o visa. It would be like saying a human being is always taller than 5 feet. Should you be able to get one, and can you get one, are different questions of course.

Why do you think that?

The only reason I can think of is if a person was to get divorced and had no children and had to change to an extension or visa based upon working.