Pi$$ Up - 7th July 2006

mallmagician

Hi All!

I started a thread a while ago about my iminent move to Chiang Mai.

I'd love to meet up with as many of you that would like to join me for a night out. It would be good to put some faces to the names that have assisted me so far, and buy a round in for you guys and gals too!

Anyway, I land in Chiang Mai late on the 2nd July, so thought that Friday the 7th July would be a good time to meet up with everyone.

So, how does this sound? Any ideas where we could all meet?

Cheers

Phil

If I could gurantee I will be here in CM at that time I will come, but I can't...the same for many others I suspect...

I always find it great to meet up with other TV Members, so I will take you up on the offer unless I am back in the UK

Cheers

TP

If I'm here on 7/7 (Probability 75%ish), I'm up for it. Name the place.

Hmmm, name the place....Errr, not sure!!! UN Irish Pub, upstairs? Or is my little knowledge of Chiang Mai shining through?

And Proff, Thai Pauly is right!! I will be living in Chiang Mai. Hop on yer scooter and join us!!

Thanks

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Julesdick - I have no idea of the venue to which you refer! However, it would be fantastic if you could make it.

ThaiPauly - Thanks for the post, will probably catch you at a later stage.

I guess this post will put this back in a prominent position!

Soooo, anyone else fit this into their diary? Remember, 1st drink is on me! :o

Phil

Oh, and I fly out on the 1st of July from England. If anyone wants me to bring anything over for them (legal!), then I will be happy to do so, space permitting!

We arrive in CMai the night of 25 June, and unless the good orthopedic surgeon has me under the knife on 6 or 7 July, I'll try to make it. I know where it is, the UN Irish pub. My son worked at an Irish pub in Dallas, Texas, met him a fair lass, and now they live in County Clare, with their beautiful baby that was conceived in Texas but had to be born on Irish soil.

Excellent, its coming together slowly but surely!! Will be good to see anyone who can make it!

Looks like the UN Irish pub is the favourite, so to avoid confusion, we shall name that as the venue for deffinate!

Any more for any more?

Phil

Excellent, its coming together slowly but surely!! Will be good to see anyone who can make it!

Looks like the UN Irish pub is the favourite, so to avoid confusion, we shall name that as the venue for deffinate!

Any more for any more?

Phil

Yes - I'll be there. What time ?

How about people arriving from 7 - 8 PM. I guess its easier if I say I will be there from 7, and people can arrive as and when!

Don't forget, people have got 1 week left to request stuff to be brought over from the UK by me. Be it a newspaper, or a chocolate bar you can't get in Thailand! Just Post your requests on here, and I will do my best to accomodate.

Thanks

Phil - The Mallmagician

OK, so looks like a few takers, not that many though! Can't believe the offer of FREE ALCOHOL is going un-noticed by many!!

Maybe I should have had the title of my post as:-

BAR IN CHIANG MAI OFFERING FREE BOOZE

:o

Anyway, getting packed tomorrow, so if anyone wants anything from the UK let me know ASAP!

CHeers

Phil

Well done Phil....at least you are trying....

Would love to join everyone for a wet one but wont be there before ...o around 7th Oct.......put one in the bin.....Cheers..

Jesus, what a night!! Was really stupid!!! I tried to ride home after many beers. Now have scrapes on my hands, both my knees, my face. Stupid man!!! Still alive though!!!

Hope to see you all on the 7th.

Phil

I feel I should follow up my previous post. I do not advocate this sort of behaviour in any way, and it was an incredibly stupid judgement call on my part. Lucky to be alive really, and have most definitely learnt my lesson.

Anyway, I'll be the one with abrasions on his face on the 7th! Hope to see you there. I'll be coming via Tuk Tuk!

Phil

I wondered how we would recognise you Phil. I was going to suggest you wore a red rose in your lapel, sporting facial injuries is a painful but acceptable substitute :o

See you tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Chas

I'll be there too!

The facial injuries is the giveaway!!! Two spots on my face with road rash!! Ho Hum!!! Anyway, see as many of you there that can make it. First drink on me, UN Irish 7pm onwards. Lookin forward to meeting you all.

Cheeers

Phil

As I only joined this forum yesterday, I'm afraid I can't make it, even if I got the next plane now, it would be impossible! I'll keep an eye out for the next one!

Have fun though, and someone take some piccies, they are always good to see!