ATM Hiccups

Valentine

Yesterday I wanted to transfer some money using the Kbank ATM in Thanon Kwang. Two things prevented me from doing so. There no slips & no option to change language. On the opening screen there are Thai & English & immediately after entering PIN but after that all Thai. So as I was on my rounds I tried their ATM at the Shell petrol station on Chao Fa, same result & also their one at Supercheap next to PSU. I gave up after that.

This morning I went to my local branch in Chalong & explained to them without much success until I had to phyisically show them on the ATM outside the branch. After finally getting the message they contacted head office & were informed a technician would go & check. Seems to me it is a software problem. About an hour ago the ATM by PSU still had no Englis & even worse looked like it had swallowed my card when I withdrew my money. As I was bout to leave a girl from Supercheap called out & said you have to wait 10 minutes to get your card. Sure enough card & slip came out after 10 minutes. This particular machine is baking in the sun which not only makes it almost impossible to see but can burn your fingers on the buttons.

The machines on Soi Saiyuan at the 7-11, and the Family Market formerly known as TOPS across the street, have been doing the same thing - I complained at the Tesco Lotus branches and via phone - the customer service girl told me that "it's a big problem in Thailand."

The machines on Soi Saiyuan at the 7-11, and the Family Market formerly known as TOPS across the street, have been doing the same thing - I complained at the Tesco Lotus branches and via phone - the customer service girl told me that "it's a big problem in Thailand."

Used the ATM at PTT on Chao Fa West this morning & all back to normal. Also at PTT just near the bypass road. Made 2 separate transfers.

• Like 1