Motorola A925 - Useable In Thailand?

Makyai

I currently have a Motorola A925 multimedia handset phone?!?! Very impressive name! It was actually my son, but as technology moves so fast and the younger generation likes to keep up to date he has kindly donated his “old?!?”(18 months) handset to mum as he was getting himself a new one.

On my previous trips to Thailand I have taken my Nokia handset with me and use my AIS “12call” SIM card to make and receive calls within Thailand.

Now I want to be able to use the Motorola A925 handset on my next trip to Thailand. Apparently this handset has the following features/functions:

1. Makes and receives calls (yes I know)

2. Send and receive emails, MMS and SMS (handset supports IMAP4, POP3 &SMTP)

3. Personal Organiser

4. Can connect to Blue Tooth, computer and remote synchronization

5. Web Browser

Some of these features are new to me as I have only ever used a mobile phone for calls and limited SMS.

In Australia this phone is connected to “3”, I think they are Hutchinson?

My questions are:

Can this phone be used in Thailand?

Which prepaid provider can I use?

Is Hutchinson a provider in Thailand?

I would like to be able to use this handset to its full capacity so that I won’t have to worry about a laptop to keep in touch with emails and internet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Makyai

The frequencies in Thailand are 900 and 1800 MHz.

If the phone works on one or both channels, then you can use it.

If the phone works in LOS, any provider can give service. The two major providers are AIS and DTAC.

Don't know about Hutch but I think they are here in Bangkok.

This motorola is a triband phone and will work in Thailand, everywhere, in fact, except Japan, I believe.

If your phone is unlocked then you can use any SIM card, you can unlock it at MBK if it is locked to your provider.

Make sure you sign up with a Thai sim card and don't use your Australian one or you will be charged for intl roaming, very expensive!

This motorola is a triband phone and will work in Thailand, everywhere, in fact, except Japan, I believe.

If your phone is unlocked then you can use any SIM card, you can unlock it at MBK if it is locked to your provider.

Make sure you sign up with a Thai sim card and don't use your Australian one or you will be charged for intl roaming, very expensive!

Thanks SBK I will take the phone with me on my trip in June. I will check with my current provider to see if it is locked or not. You mentioned that MBK can unlock it, who exactly should I ask to hep me? Which store/stores? What do they normally charge to unlock it or is it part of the service if you buy a SIM card from them? can I use my current AIS "12call" SIM card once the phone has been unlocked? I have been to MBK only once, so if you could tell me which area this would help tremendously.

Thanks once again.

Makyai