Non-Imm O in Savannakhet

Hello,

I just returned from the RTC there and thought I would share my experience.

I arrived outside the consulate around 800 and the consulate was open for business close to 900. There were fewer than 25 people waiting. Aside from the nonsense of people not understanding how lines work, the process went quickly. I got to the window and presented:

US Passport.

Application (downloaded from here).

2 Visa photos I had taken outside for 70 baht I think.

Copy of marriage certificate.

Copy of my wife's ID card.

Copy of her Tabien Baan.

A copy of my yellow book.

A copy of my Bangkok Bank statement I printed from the website (showed a little over 100K)

5000 THB

The gentleman took my application, and money. I said the word "multiple" and handed him 5000THB. He glanced at my application, copy of wife's ID, and the copy of the house book. From what I saw,the entire process was for show. It could not have taken longer than 15 seconds. After he went through the motions, he handed me a number.

I returned the next day at 1400 and picked up my passport with a Thai non-imm O with multiple entries.

No problems at all, though I haven't ever really experienced any prior, so I was not expecting any this time (though in hindsight perhaps I should have concern. I had a overstay stamp in my passport! I was lazy and overstayed a day, which was cheaper than making a run.)

Also, none of my copied documents had any type of stamp, seal, or any other type of certifications.

I hope this helps someone who is considering going there for a multiple entry Non-imm O.

Edited by mstribling
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info...I was going to look up some recent posts about this as I'm due to make this trip at the end of the month.

My last two Non-O Visas came from KL but that's not on the table any more.

Sorry, do you have a link to the application form, please?

Edited by deathstardan