Pool hall that allows smoking?

anotheruser

Most dedicated pool halls in Bangkok do not allow smoking inside. The one exception I know of is The Red Parrot in Patpong. You will find many bars with pool tables that will though, I suggest you start looking in Nana, you'll be spoiled for choice and try The Sportsman in Soi 13.

Most dedicated pool halls in Bangkok do not allow smoking inside. The one exception I know of is The Red Parrot in Patpong. You will find many bars with pool tables that will though, I suggest you start looking in Nana, you'll be spoiled for choice and try The Sportsman in Soi 13.

Really? It's been a while since I've been to a pool hall, but it seems that *all* Thai-centric ones allow smoking inside and most farang-centric ones do. Failing that, though, a lot of open-air bars have pool tables (and allow smoking).

Really? It's been a while since I've been to a pool hall, but it seems that *all* Thai-centric ones allow smoking inside and most farang-centric ones do.

Yes, really.

Can you name just one pool hall in Bangkok that does allow smoking, apart from the Red Parrot. A pool hall not a bar.

Really? It's been a while since I've been to a pool hall, but it seems that *all* Thai-centric ones allow smoking inside and most farang-centric ones do.

Yes, really.

Can you name just one pool hall in Bangkok that does allow smoking, apart from the Red Parrot. A pool hall not a bar.

Nopharrat does. It's a huge pool/snooker hall in phra khanong, but not very farang-friendly. There's also a large Thai-centric one near the Srinakarin end of Udom Suk that does. More farang-oriented is Swan 2 in suk soi 4, but its been a while since I visited that one.

Yes, really.

Nopharrat does. It's a huge pool/snooker hall in phra khanong, but not very farang-friendly. There's also a large Thai-centric one near the Srinakarin end of Udom Suk that does. More farang-oriented is Swan 2 in suk soi 4, but its been a while since I visited that one.

He was looking for a pool hall, not a snooker hall with a token pool table or two catering essentially for Thais. I doubt that there is even one snooker hall in Bangkok that does not permit smoking.

Edited by MMarlow

In reply to post #13.

Bunny snooker hall, Pattanakarn soi 30, no smoking.

Seperate smoking room provided, no smoking in either the main hall or private rooms.

If we ignore Suk rd farang style bars/pool halls, I have never seen a Thai pool hall, outside of the farang orientated areas its all snooker halls.

Dino that used to be on Suk 71 had 20+ tables and a token couple of pool tables, since Dino moved to Pattanakarn 31 I dont know what it has now.

In reply to post #13.

Seperate smoking room provided, no smoking in either the main hall or private rooms.

If we ignore Suk rd farang style bars/pool halls, I have never seen a Thai pool hall, outside of the farang orientated areas its all snooker halls.

Dino that used to be on Suk 71 had 20+ tables and a token couple of pool tables, since Dino moved to Pattanakarn 31 I dont know what it has now.

Dino's is much the same as it was, many snooker tables, 1 or 2 pool tables, very few farangs though they are very welcome and it's very foggy in there! And they make beautiful custom cues to order.

In reply to post #13.

Dino's is much the same as it was, many snooker tables, 1 or 2 pool tables, very few farangs though they are very welcome and it's very foggy in there! And they make beautiful custom cues to order.

Ah, someone who knows what he is talking about.

Used Dino for years, never a problem, as you say always made very welcome, used to play on table #19 in the LH corner from the main door.

Yes it used to get foggy in there, havent been in the new place yet.

Is O-Min still out in Min Buri?

Got both my cues made there, custom made (not off the rack), both beautiful pieces of work and still in regular use.

Remember years ago playing in Rooks on Petchabiri rd (long gone), the snooker hall beside the Volvo garage at Asoke (long gone), heck even the one on the third floor of the Nana Plaza, long gone..

Next to Bunny on Pattanakarn is another hall by the name of Andaman, never been in it, but Bunny is one of the few that enforces no smoking.

In reply to post #13.

Ah, someone who knows what he is talking about.

Used Dino for years, never a problem, as you say always made very welcome, used to play on table #19 in the LH corner from the main door.

Yes it used to get foggy in there, havent been in the new place yet.

Is O-Min still out in Min Buri?

Got both my cues made there, custom made (not off the rack), both beautiful pieces of work and still in regular use.

Remember years ago playing in Rooks on Petchabiri rd (long gone), the snooker hall beside the Volvo garage at Asoke (long gone), heck even the one on the third floor of the Nana Plaza, long gone..

Next to Bunny on Pattanakarn is another hall by the name of Andaman, never been in it, but Bunny is one of the few that enforces no smoking.

Sorry, don't know the Thai name O-Min, only the owner who calls himself Chris. I play pool, I'm not a snooker player, so I'm not a regular there but I like good cues so had a pool cue made to my specs in maple and burr walnut in a snooker cue style (English pool cue, I suppose). Getting another made in ash soon.

^^^^^,

O-Min Cues, they used to be located beside the klong at Min Buri market.

Got both mine made there years ago, from memory about 2,000 or 2,500 baht, that was for a two piece 16 ounce weight with a 10 mil tip.

They had about 30 rack cues of differing lengths, weights, tip sizes, single or two piece and differring woods and finishes.

Both my cues are natural finish, I dont like those lacquered finishes.

Posted for information purposes of anyone reading who is looking for a custom made snooker cue.