Authorities investigate luggage fire at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

Leavening agent for fertilizer? I was in the industry for a decade and never heard of a leavening agent in a fertilizer, If it ignited sponteneously most likely it was elemental phosphorus. I can't think of any valid reason why someone would ask their friend to bring some on a plane to give to someone in the industry in Cambodia. "Here look, Phosphorus". Yeah, I know".

I'm no dog expert but am quite sure they can teach one dog to sniff out weed,coke and opiates. Since they can, there's no reason they can't train the same dog to indicate for explosives. Since phosphorus is an incendiary and not an explosive, maybe they don't train them for that. BTW, if you've got contraban on you and a sniffer dog comes over to you and lays down, that means he smelled something, that's how they indicate. They don't jump and bark.

Who knows what's goin on in the back room before the bags load? I've had my bags opened many times, mostly by the TSA. They could have dogs back there too. I doubt they would have found a bag of phosporus though.

We've all had the 3 questions about our luggage but I've never been asked those questions on my many dozen times flying out of Thailand, except maybe flying to the US. I get them often in Europe and frequently in the US but never going from bkk to Cambodia.

All in all, sounds fishy to me, or there are more stupid people in the country that I had estimated.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic