PDRC to rally at CMPO office today

webfact

PDRC to rally at CMPO office today
The Nation

30225467-01_big.gif
People

Protesters want centre dissolved; Chalerm scoffs at the demand

BANGKOK: -- The People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) will today rally outside the Police Narcotics Suppression Bureau building, where the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) is based, while the centre's chief Chalerm Yoobamrung said he was ready to handle the crowds, provided they showed up after 10am.

PDRC secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban said on the Lumpini rally stage yesterday evening that he would lead the protesters to the police building himself.

PDRC spokesperson Akanat Promphan said yesterday that the CMPO and the police were trying to appear as if they were peacefully trying to reclaim rally sites by having their representatives hold talks with protesters. Instead, he said, all signs were pointing to the CMPO planning to use force against the protesters.

Akanat also said the CMPO should be dissolved by yesterday, and if this does not happen by today, the protesters will occupy the centre's office.

CMPO 'ignoring its duty'

He said the CMPO had ignored its duty to protect protesters several times, such as when Suthin Taratin, leader of the People's Army to Overthrow the Thaksin Regime, was shot dead on Sunday near the Wat Sri-iam advance-polling station, which also happens to be near the Bang Na Police Station.

"We call on the military to keep us safe because we don't have any faith in the CMPO and the police, who work under it. Moreover, we call on the Central Institute for Forensic Science and the National Human Rights Commission to investigate these cases," he said.

The PDRC also rallied in front of the Army Club, where the caretaker Cabinet was meeting yesterday.

Chalerm, who is the caretaker Labour Minister and CMPO director, scoffed at the PDRC's demand, saying the centre would not be dissolved. He went on to say that a new venue for the CMPO has been reserved in case protesters block access to the current one.

"I was ordered to do my duty as a CMPO director. I don't have the power to dissolve it," he said.

Chalerm also warned protest leader Suthep against trying to seize the CMPO office, saying the police had prepared prevention measures against protesters.

"The police have the authority to arrest Suthep, and will be patient and abide by the law.

"They will not disperse demonstrators the way Suthep did when he was director of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation [in 2010]," he said.

Separately, government representatives once again held talks with PDRC leader Luang Pu Buddha Issara to try and reclaim the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road.

Thawatchai Thaikeaw, Justice Ministry deputy permanent secretary, in his capacity as government representative, told the monk that blockading the Government Complex was making it difficult for agencies to provide direct services to people and that some cases were about to exceed the statute of limitations.

Luang Pu Buddha Issara responded to this by saying he wanted to see government officials stay at the protest site for at least three days so they understand the problems faced by the protesters.

Thawatchai said he was ready to stay with the protesters, but could not speak for other government officials.

During the discussion, the monk also claimed that video clips shared on social media showing protesters at Chaeng Wattana seizing two public buses had been doctored. He insisted that the rally had been peaceful at all times.

Separately, some Chaeng Wattana protesters marched to the Department of Special Investigation headquarters yesterday and cut its electricity.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-29

Will Chalerm be home? If so, we'll see him running in no time again. And perhaps first instruct his peace and order maintaining officers to try to shoot Suthep?

Maybe pink roller parked at the rear with the engine running.

If he does go out to confront the protesters he will, Thai style, be accompanied by many ' friends '.

They need a WWE steel cage style wrestling grudge match between these two with all the yammering going on between them. Chalarn "big shooter" vs Suthep I will turn Thailand into pizza tomorrow if Yingluck does not resign. With all the stuff I read on TV I wonder how many people just have template replies ready to cut and paste? You suck No you suck No you suck my wife said, my "thai" friends said,I use to be a CIA,SAS,SEAL. It was the Burmese disguised as Laotians pretending to be Cambodians dressed as Thais that did it, I don't know how these people can say the same thing over and over again like retarded parrots. It really does not matter what we think this is a Thai problem so all this witty bantering seems a bit pointless.

Edited by BigRick
  • Like 1

They need a WWE steel cage style wrestling grudge match between these two with all the yammering going on between them. Chalarn "big shooter" vs Suthep I will turn Thailand into pizza tomorrow if Yingluck does not resign. With all the stuff I read on TV I wonder how many people just have template replies ready to cut and paste? You suck No you suck No you suck my wife said, my "thai" friends said,I use to be a CIA,SAS,SEAL. It was the Burmese disguised as Laotians pretending to be Cambodians dressed as Thais that did it, I don't know how these people can say the same thing over and over again like retarded parrots. It really does not matter what we think this is a Thai problem so all this witty bantering seems a bit pointless.

stating the obvious here but what are you doing reading it if it bothers you so much - you know the answer right

This may get Bloody ... This is the Pit Bulls "House" ........

all bark and no bite

he will not be there he will be at pharmacy getting ear medicine

You may be right !! .... But his " Dogs Of War" will be .... or across the road ....whistling.gif

This is another attempt at promoting bloodshed by Suthep. He needs military intervention to fulfill his plan.

Why don't some of you supposedly educated westerners read some uncensored media,

It's mind boggling that so many here have fallen victim to propaganda. (videos doctored, negotiations are really a trick to attack)

The truth is very easily found, if you leave thai visa for a minute or two.

And he dosnt mean bluesky whistling.gif

This is another attempt at promoting bloodshed by Suthep. He needs military intervention to fulfill his plan.

Why don't some of you supposedly educated westerners read some uncensored media,

It's mind boggling that so many here have fallen victim to propaganda. (videos doctored, negotiations are really a trick to attack)

And just to clarify, I don't support the current corrupt government or Suthep.

The truth about the whole debacle can be found quite easily.

Bloodshed is on the hands of the red shirts and PTP members, its in their history through to yesterday. Check out the other side of the coin on uncensored media. Who is commiting theviolent acts?

• Like 2

yup a lot of us dont care for the fruitcakes bananas or the tomatoes and indeed the truth is out there for those willing to spend a bit of time... real easy to find too since its very very topical atm for some reason giggle.gif

• Like 1

while the centre's chief Chalerm Yoobamrung said he was ready to handle the crowds, provided they showed up after 10am

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Have to get out of bed first? Priorities!

either that or rather long breakfast ...

.... with red wine

I think he is an early raiser, but take time for the "mea noi" (mistress) to warn up.

No one like a cold body.

Should be an interesting day

They can serve the warrants and arrest Suthep whilst he is there. Oh no wait, just looked at the photo again and see the police sitting down with the protestors to share a meal guess it won't happen

Edited by chooka

Should be an interesting day

They can serve the warrants and arrest Suthep whilst he is there. Oh no wait, just looked at the photo again and see the police sitting down with the protestors to share a meal guess it won't happen

The police will take anything that's free, even if it's offered through a fence or an envelope.... giggle.gif

Looks like they called it off for fear of violence :)

Looks like Sutheps lies worked against him.. All that talk of Cambodians and police hitmen spooked the sheep into staying in the pen.

Chalerm is spooking them without shooting (too many) of them. Big game and with the Election on Sunday, we'll all see millions of voters vote, and few thousand protest. The numbers will out him in the end as he just does not have them.

Happy voting people.

• Like 1

But you seem to be unable to see it. What do they say? None so blind as those that WILL NOT see!