Samut Prakan crocodile farm

Showbags

Mate, we live out past that Farm.

Easiest way is the BTS to Bearing, the exit the station of the LHS and take a Taxi onwards.

Because they are extending the BTS, the traffic is congested, depending on the time of travel.

And yes ... the Air-con 511 Bus does go there ... catch it anywhere from Lower Suk

From BTS Bearing to the Farm by Taxi is about Bt 150

• Like 1

Whats weird ?

I do not know what it is like out there...out in the sticks and mudflats for all I know with nothing around.

Like I said, want to go near, but not to the croc farm, so no idea if there will be any taxis at the end of some road to the mudflats.....its called planning....but yes, if plenty of taxis, ZI would not bother to get one to wait.

Ta much.

Soooo...lets say 1k baht for a taxi to take us there and wait around for an hour and then head back....sound reasonable ?

Mate, for that much ... I'd drive into Bangkok, pick you up and drop you back.

As for a real price and the hour wait ... I'd offer Bt 600 to start with.

PM me where you are actually going (if you want) and I'll let you know the Taxi availability.

ANYWHERE just off Old Sukhumvit Road there will be a zillion taxis.

We are a 250 Baht taxi fare past the end of the BTS and during daylight hours, never had to wait more then 4 or 5 mins for one to drive by ... and you will be closer.

• Like 1

When you get there there is a lot to see, all a bit tired i can say. Take some food drinks with you, there are many taxi outside and buses. There is a gun range in the top left corner, an elephant show, and of course a crocodile show, many apes and other animals. You can walk around for a few hours or as long as you want. WE took our own food to feed the animals, We took carrots because every body takes corn and bananas, which if you buy inside the Zoo is expensive. if you want another place to visit not far try Old Siam its about twenty minuets away, its got copy's of all the royal palaces that was in Thailand, that will take hours to look around, they will hire you a bike because the place is that big.

Edited by Thongkorn

Ta much.

Soooo...lets say 1k baht for a taxi to take us there and wait around for an hour and then head back....sound reasonable ?

Mate, for that much ... I'd drive into Bangkok, pick you up and drop you back.

As for a real price and the hour wait ... I'd offer Bt 600 to start with.

PM me where you are actually going (if you want) and I'll let you know the Taxi availability.

ANYWHERE just off Old Sukhumvit Road there will be a zillion taxis.

We are a 250 Baht taxi fare past the end of the BTS and during daylight hours, never had to wait more then 4 or 5 mins for one to drive by ... and you will be closer.

Soi ItalianThai...the end bit...

Thanks for that.

Yes I know where it is, but no idea if taxis are common around that spot though at the end of ithai rd.

Why not just follow Sukhumvit around....I might be comfortable to drive that myself, ...forgot, asoke closed...but could deviate around sois 19 to 33 etc...

Taxi might be simpler, I hate driving in Bkk to areas I do not know.

• 3 weeks later...

Found it...twas not so bad, building new bts line along the way, but even then traffic was not too bad....might drive meself next time.

Had lunch at the mouth of the Chao Phraya river, great seafood and cheap.

Also went to the local market on way home and bought 5 tons of seafood to take back home next day......Barra 140 a kilo, big prawns 260 a kilo...squid ???not sure how much and some other bits n pieces.

• Like 1

To get even better prices on seafood when you're staying in town, if you don't mind a hustle bustle crowd scenee, try Klong Toei market, especially early mornings when there's little road traffic.

I rigged up one of those poly coolers with a carry rig from an old backpack, get a month's supply of great stuff at 10% of what it costs in the supermarkets and much fresher.

Or if you're near Memorial Bridge or live along the ferry stops, the market just up from there isn't bad, much less selection and competition, but closes in the avo, KT is pretty much 24 hours.

Depends on the time of day, your relationship with the vendors and your ability to haggle (nicely), maybe you (or whoever prepares your food) might have to do some more prep work.

But yes on average well under 20%, compared to the supermarkets most farang frequent.

Fruit and veg often even more favorable.

When you go shopping at your local street market? They're buying from Klong Toei, often marking up 100%.

B1,000 usually buys us a LOT more than two people can carry, and I've got a XXL heavy-duty backpack I load right up.

It isn't a FORMULA that will apply to that one category, next you'll be asking about jumbo prawns vs the little dried stuff.

I'm talking about on average, and obviously it's a ballpark and prices change from hour to hour and person to person, if you don't speak Thai or take the wrong attitude they'll charge you the marked price.

All I'm saying is if it's not too far out of your way it's definitely worth the trip if you enjoy that sort of experience.

<deleted> take an attitude like that and no one's going to help.

Here's all I said about seafood:

To get even better prices on seafood when you're staying in town, if you don't mind a hustle bustle crowd scenee, try Klong Toei market, especially early mornings when there's little road traffic.

Note I was talking about seafood in general, not shrimp and certainly not what you probably refer to by "prawns".

I rigged up one of those poly coolers with a carry rig from an old backpack, get a month's supply of great stuff at 10% of what it costs in the supermarkets and much fresher.

Note the 10% figure is for my shopping overall, not just seafood.

However if you compare with the high-end Central emporiums, Siam Paragon one the one hand, and a sharp bargaining Thai speaker at 4am you may very well find what you're looking for at 90% off.

In any case, it's worth the trip if you enjoy marketing, and that's all I was trying to say.

If you don't get it, you're either an idiot, or a

3dbb2a469e50.jpg

Edited by wym

^^^... I agree, but what you said the 10% figure includes seafood right ?

So do you mean that you get maybe 50% on your seafood but the other stuff for free, or they pay you to take it away so that you can average out the whole shopping spree at a purchase price of 10% only of all other supermarkets.

Yes, if you are stupid enough to shop in paragon, Emporium, or the Korat Mall and such, you will save a lot....but I doubt very much 90% overall....regardless of your charm and thai talkin skills.