Getting from BKK to Prachuap Khiri Khan

blossombkk

Hi,

I intend to go to Prachuap Khiri Khan on coming weekend.

It says I should take the bus from Southern Bus Terminal, which is quite a ride for me.

Does anybody know if there are vans going there from Victory Monument? or any other place? I live near Suthorn.

Thanks for any kind of help.

For information:

By bus

From the Southern Bus Terminal on Borommaratchachonnani Rd, the Transport Company Limited offers various routes of daily bus services. Namely, Bangkok–Prachuap Khiri Khan, Bangkok–Hua Hin, Bangkok –Pran Buri, and Bangkok–Bang Saphan. Companies providing bus services of the Bangkok–Prachuap Khiri Khan route are the Hua Hin–Pran Tour Co., Ltd., Tel. +66 28 846 191-2 (04:00-22:20), the Phuttan Tour Co., Ltd., Tel.  +66 24 355 302 , or Prachuap Khiri Khan Office, Tel.  +66 32 611 411  (06:00 – 01:00), the Bang Saphan Tour Co., Ltd., Tel.  +66 24 355 105 , or Bang Saphan Office, Tel.  +66 32 691 267  or Ban Krut Office, Tel.  +66 32 695 074  (Bus leaves at 07:30 and from Ban Krut at 00:30 There is also a 07:30 bus on Saturdays.) For further information, contact the Southern Bus Terminal Tel.  +66 24 351 199 , or [1].

From Bangkok, there are minibuses from Victory Monument for B240. It takes 4 to 5 hours, with a stop at Hua Hin. It terminates at the minibus stop in Prachuap City. This is about a block from the road into the city (at its northern end). The minibus leaves from pretty well directly under the BTS station, right on the corner where Phaya Thai Road starts(and heads toward Phaya Thai BTS station)).

If you are coming from Hua Hin, take a minibus from the Clocktower in the main street. Will cost B160, and will deliver you to the minibus stop in Prachuap City, where minibuses can be taken to Chumphon and Hua Hin.Toilet facilities are available near the stop.

If coming from Chumphon, take a minibus from the minibus stop in Krumliang Rd(see Chumphon listing) for B180. Takes 2.5 hours.

Source: http://wikitravel.org/en/Prachuap_Khiri_Khan

That's very informative. Thank you.

Skint: you mean like a private taxi? isn't it expensive?

A taxi is a taxi, you know with a meter?

And yes it would be at least B2000, possibly double.

But so many wealthy sophisticated guys here on TV you have to realize, we ordinary poor folk need to show them proper respect.