Deputy permanent secretary for Justice to spend three nights with Chaeng Wattana demonstrators

webfact

Deputy permanent secretary for Justice to spend three nights with Chaeng Wattana demonstrators

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Permanent Secretary for Justice Ministry Thawatchai Thaikhiew has agreed to spend three nights with demonstrators at the Chaeng Wattana rally site in exchange for the protesters' allowing Justice Ministry officials to return to work.

Thawatchai said he had reported his decision to Justice Minister Chaikasem Nitisiri and Kittipong Kityarak, permanent secretary for Justice, and they thanked him for sacrificing himself.

Having Thawatchai stay overnight with the protesters for three nights was a condition set by Phra Phuttha Isara, the monk who is in charge of the rally site at Chaeng Wattana.

He said he decided to accept the condition so that services of the Probation Department and Rights and Liberty Protection Department could be resumed to help people in trouble.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-29

• Like 1

May be Phra Phuttha Isara can put some sense in khun Thawatchai's thick head and his bosses thicker head.

But again.....3 days not enough.....it will take a very long time......if ever.whistling.gif

Edited by metisdead
Itallics removed.
  • Like 1

ps: there is not much information about him in English, just a Twitter account where someone is translating brief phrases: https://twitter.com/BuddhaIsara

e.g.: "Some wonder why a monk like me has to be involved in political matters. If Thai people fulfill their duties,monks wouldn't wanna be involved"

Note: He is very critical with Suthep and some actions of the demonstrators, but that is not being reflected at the news

Edited by MGP
  • Like 2

did monk lied, as his dear leader, suthep, promising to leave public premisses?

or do monk has a cunning plan of moving from chaeng wattana and occupying the government house, police HQ or some ministry?

or just he will vacate ministry of justice and move to the next building in the complex?

time only will tell

Edited by londonthai
  • Like 1

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date!... wai2.gif and lets see the 24 hour guarantee from SigHep that he would shutdown CMPO has mysteriously gone to 36 or 40 hours.. or has he just slipped back down the Rabbit Hole with Alice for another Adventure in Thugsunderland..... to the rear march ! hup 2-3-4 facepalm.gif

This guy got guts….

Certainly more guts than Chalerm, who ran out the back door of the army club yesterday.

Had he not it would have led to more violence...

"...PCAD threatened to break into the venue and "capture" Ms. Yingluck and her Cabinet members...."

Going through the back door is common sense methinks.

• Like 2

Three days listening to hate speeches...

Certainly not enough to brainwash him and make him believe the yellow lies, but he must be a courageous man. Three days surrounded by yellow thugs spitting their venom non-stop. Must be horrible :blink:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This guy got guts….

Certainly more guts than Chalerm, who ran out the back door of the army club yesterday.

Simple explanation, he didn't have his balls with him yesterday in the form of his armed and dangerous off-spring.

• Like 1

<deleted> is this false monk doing...? its against the Buddhist Code for this monk to be involved with politics - an absolute DISGRACE to Buddhism

What the English language media are failing to report is that this monk is openly quite critical of Suthep and some of the protestors' actions so far. He has joined the protestors as a voice if reason or conscience, if you will, to try and stop them from going bad . . . Certainly not because he is a 'yellow'.

In interviews he hasn't shied away from giving anyone any stick, yellow, red, blue, white, whatever the colour. He has my utmost respect for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

<deleted> is this false monk doing...? its against the Buddhist Code for this monk to be involved with politics - an absolute DISGRACE to Buddhism

What the English language media are failing to report is that this monk is openly quite critical of Suthep and some of the protestors' actions so far. He has joined the protestors as a voice if reason or conscience, if you will, to try and stop them from going bad . . . Certainly not because he is a 'yellow'.

In interviews he hasn't shied away from giving anyone any stick, yellow, red, blue, white, whatever the colour. He has my utmost respect for that.

it is not his 'job' to be involved, you understand that right? monks should stay 'above' material and political affairs - he is actively on Suthep's side - what is it that you cannot SEE???

he leads protests, sits an negotiates FOR the fascists with the elected government when he is supposed to be seeking 'enlightenment'???

he has your 'utmost respect'? for disregarding the Buddhas teachings? his role is not to be involved with secular affairs

it is not his 'job' to be involved, you understand that right? monks should stay 'above' material and political affairs - he is actively on Suthep's side - what is it that you cannot SEE???

he leads protests, sits an negotiates FOR the fascists with the elected government when he is supposed to be seeking 'enlightenment'???

he has your 'utmost respect'? for disregarding the Buddhas teachings? his role is not to be involved with secular affairs

So now you're an expert on Buddhism?

What do you think of Alan Watts?

• Like 1