Bangkok Bank Internet B visa no permit yet

Hello

I want to open an account with BB but I want internet use, reading the website it seems if you have a B visa you also need a valid work permit, so am I correct that if you only have a valid B visa stamp in passport but no work permit as yet it's not worth trying?

http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PersonalBanking/iBanking/BualuangiBanking/HowtoApply/Pages/Default.aspx

It's worth trying. I've got Bangkok Bank internet banking and only have a retirement extension of stay which forbids working. Having a work permit is what all the banks say they want but many branches settle for a lot less (i.e., no work permit, some type of long term visa like a B visa desired, etc.). A lot depends on the branch. If one branch rejects you, give it a try at another branch...and then another branch....etc.

Banking in Thailand for a farang can be very frustrating sometimes. However, most farangs are able to open bank accounts, but some seem to have bad luck depending on their visiting status, area of Thailand residing in, bank branch managers, etc. Good luck.

Sometimes with Bangkok Bank you have to be a little more forceful than with other banks in Thailand

Most of the branches that are not located in tourist areas are clueless on the requirements for foreigners opening bank accounts. Many still believe that a work permit is required to open an account. It is not, any long stay visa (or extension of stay) is acceptable

The best way to handle it is to have the person you are dealing with at a local branch call the main office in Bangkok who will tell them exactly how to "over-ride" the computer program used to establish a bank account for new customers. It is a coding problem that Bangkok Bank is loathe to update and causes many problems in establishing Internet banking The initial application is in many cases coded incorrectly so the Internet banking part of the account will not function. Unfortunately the change must be initiated at the branch and cannot be done at headquarters