Yingluck pleads for Thai public's chances to vote

webfact

Yingluck pleads for Thai public's chances to vote
By Digital Content

13910475917577.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 30 - Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has urged all related agencies to cooperate in organising Sunday's general election in an attempt to maintain democracy in Thailand.

She called on protesters of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) not to disrupt the nationwide polls, which she described as a significant national agenda.

"The majority of Thai people want to exercise their voting rights. It's impossible to seize their rights and obstruct the democratic system," she said.

Ms Yingluck said caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul has received a letter from the British foreign secretary, expressing his desire for Thailand to solve the political conflicts through democracy.

She also urged the media and all quarters in society to encourage people to go to the polls in order to find resolutions for the country.

Ms Yingluck said the government would fully coordinate with the Election Commission to ensure a smooth election, adding that the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order has worked out measures to handle trouble-plagued constituencies while police will give their full support.

She said she hoped protesters would not blockade the polling station where she would cast her ballot on Sunday, and give her a chance to exercise her right to vote. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-30

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ms Yingluck said caretaker Deputy Prime Minister/Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul has received a letter from the British foreign secretary, expressing his desire for Thailand to solve the political conflicts through democracy.

I received a letter from my Mom, expressing her desire that the Shinawatras should be ousted, does that count ?

• Like 2

"(PDRC) not to disrupt the nationwide polls, which she described as a significant national agenda."

Not to disrupt the national agenda or her personal, her brothers and her puppet governments agenda?

When did she ever before thought of her nation, except when it suits their own pockets?

Give it a rest will you.. 7/11

• Like 2

"(PDRC) not to disrupt the nationwide polls, which she described as a significant national agenda."

Not to disrupt the national agenda or her personal, her brothers and her puppet governments agenda?

When did she ever before thought of her nation, except when it suits their own pockets?

Another of the minority that hates the truth.

• Like 2

what's the truth . I know if you tell a lie, repeat that lie over a period of time it becomes the truth

I think there is a good chance she will win. wink.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Win what.

With no house we will be left with a dictator. Isn't that what Thaksin wants?

The majority of Thai people want to exercise their voting rights. It's impossible to seize their rights and obstruct the democratic system," she said.

I am quite sure she is rite. How ever do the majority realize the election will not produce a winner and how many think any election is a waste of time unless they get paid for their vote?

Actually how many people realize they do not have a democracy. In a democracy 48% of the voters would not win the election. In fact how many of the Thai Visa voters realize it.

How many of the voters are aware of the issues. The farmers are now aware of the rice scam. But look what it has taken for them to be aware. So far two suicides as a result of a phony rice scheme designed to make certain hand picked people wealthier. Selling equipment for food money selling their land. Plus they have no idea of how much money certain officials have pocketed.

At a guess I would be willing to bet that 90% of them are unaware of the fact that the government wants tio borrow 2.2 trillion baht to put their great grandchildren in debt and they have no real plan what to do with it if they get it?

Yes hold the election it is the democratic thing to do. Or is it. Is scheduling an election for when you see you are losing popularity and still have enough to win it Democratic. Or would elections are held every so often no exceptions be more democratic. That excludes by elections when a person dies.

At any rate all though I know it is the right thing to do to follow Suthep's plan it is wrong to blockade the polls. Let the people think they are democratic. Hail Thaksin.

• Like 1

Wonder what would happen if the total number of people who vote NO is greater that the number of votes PTP might get? A legitimate goverment with a mandate from the people.

The problem with this election is there are a very significant % of the population who have no one to vote for as the Dems aren't running. Remember they polled 12 million or so last time out.

So irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the Dems boycotting the election which is a separate issue. A large part of the voting public simply have no one to represent them.

So we end up with a democracy where a significant chunk of people are not represented. Fair?? Honest?? Right??

• Like 2

what's the truth . I know if you tell a lie, repeat that lie over a period of time it becomes the truth

My god another in denial

• Like 1

What a great personality she is. And a natural grace. Why is the opposition not joining negotiating tables with her? I would prefer to sit with her instead of damaging Sukhumvit tarmack.

She looks good and smiled beautifully but I've yet to see any sign of a personality.

To use a phrase often used on thaivisa- 'do you have any links?'

• Like 2

I wonder if it has ever occured to YL that if her and the Shin clan removed themselves from all politics that the protesting woukd probably end. Instead she is #1 in the list followed by a family member and their lawyer. She once stated that she did not want the job of PM but with everyday she shows not only does she want the job but she wants it more than everybody else.

I am not taking sides in this and simply stating facts i have read and seen.

On the other hand Suthep is just as bad and has said basically the same thing. He doesnt want to be the leader here. Now he changed to sayhe only wants to be in charge of the committee that he will appoint. 2 devils on both sides of the game. We will be lucky if this doesnt end in a civil war

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I wonder if it has ever occured to YL that if her and the Shin clan removed themselves from all politics that the protesting woukd probably end. Instead she is #1 in the list followed by a family member and their lawyer. She once stated that she did not want the job of PM but with everyday she shows not only does she want the job but she wants it more than everybody else.

I am not taking sides in this and simply stating facts i have read and seen.

On the other hand Suthep is just as bad and has said basically the same thing. He doesnt want to be the leader here. Now he changed to sayhe only wants to be in charge of the committee that he will appoint. 2 devils on both sides of the game. We will be lucky if this doesnt end in a civil war

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Many think outsiders should not be party list MP, rather they should be ex MPs who have had experience as constituency MPs and so know about locals' problems. As it is, people like Yingluck who know nothing about politics are able to become MPs.

The pojnt of party list MPs is to reflect the actual number of voters per party in parliament, rather rhan the first past the post, winner takes all of constituency elections. But it has led to some dubious figures becoming MPs purely on the grounds of financial contributions to the party or popularity with the public in an unrelated field.

At least she has an agenda. Suthep just follows his border-line impulses every morning.

At least she has an agenda. Suthep just follows his border-line impulses every morning.

What agenda ??? ha ha winner takes all.

Keep strong Yingluck, Don,t let the arosoles get to you, Happy new year Prime minister a lot of people are with you (about 14 million)

cheesy.gif That's it baby you go for it you deserve so much.bah.gif

Are you trying to see how many terrible posts you can make in one thread?

At least I am showing an honest interest, but if my honest view isn't to your thinking then sorry.

Now tell me your view on Yinglucks past 3 years performance ???

Do you just jump in with a quickie, contribute something I'm sure it would be interesting.

• Like 1

Any foreigner re posting the Terrorist propaganda about Yingluck (taksin) clearly have not done their homework. The current Prime Minister has done an excellent job but yes has made a few errors. Every politician in the world has ADVISORS. .. why can't Yingluck choose her own?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Edited by kuka