Huay Tueng Tao Lake - dogs OK?

Lobo4819

Surprised by these posts - I have seen plenty of cats about, but only dogs I have seen there are handbag-dog (Chihuahuas/Poms/etc) carried by young women at the foodie summer house thingies and a puppy with a ribbon owned by the café owner at the far side of the main lake. Have enough with dogs in the streets without having to be scared the kids will get bitten whilst playing and swimming on a leisurely Sunday afternoon at the lakes.

it should be fine, i did saw afew larger breed dogs playing around during last songkran at huay tueng tao. i would be more aware of the water though. i got a nasty prostate infection shortly after spending a whole day at there. i didnt even know i could get this from swimming till the doctor asked if i had took a swim in the moat or river. apparently from what i was told, it was pretty common

Is this the same place as 'CMU lake'?

I have been asked to meet up with a friend of my daughters there in the morning and I'm not sure I'm going to the right place!!!'

i dont think so. cmu lake is probably ang kaeo reservoir

Thank you, I thought it was this one, but a neighbour thouroughly confused me tonight by mentioning the other one!!

Yes. Dogs can run and swim, but you might not want them back in the car after they have enjoyed themselves!

One more reason why pick up trucks make so much sense. ;)

Other great place is a little up the hill to Doi Suthep at some of the streams before you get to Montrathan Falls. (Dogs no longer allowed there, and you get the feeling that non-Thais aren't too welcome either. ;) )

But the other areas are great. Bang Bua Ban and Pha Ngoeb specifically, and the trail/stream that runs between them.

Used to take my 2 Labrador dogs there no problem .They were let off the leash ,and used to swim in the lake .They did once get a nasty dose of ticks there from the long grass on the far side of the lake .