CMPO offers talk with PDRC leader Suthep

Lite Beer

<The CMPO head Chalerm Yoobumrung today denied the rumors that the CMPO were planning to assassinate protest leaders.>

I am not Thai and don't know the fact but I heard from many Thai people that Chalerm Yoobumrung is one of the biggest mobs in Thailand. Killing the protest leaders is not a solution to this crisis and Chalerm Yoobumrung is well aware of it. The problem will continue as long as Thaksin exists.

• Like 1

This is a good strategy.

Suthep is spent force and his dismissing talks is bluff and blunder.

He will really be outed tomorrow when the talkers go to him and it is blatant that he is the only one obstructing things. It will be very clear to all that if talks do not happen, that it is him.

I think Suthep will have to soften. He clearly did not have the numbers tonight. Far too many there were obviously staff and bodyguards. lot of tourists mixed up and shoppers and then for the live music. See many times this amount of people in Lumpini every night.

Got to agree with Chalerm here. They do not want to kill or arrest these idiots as they do more damage to their cause just by being left out there.

Yes, the Police may be critisiced. but in the bigger picture Suthep is galvanising the Red support at a time it may have been waning. Suthep, for sure is the best recruiting tool the UDD have right now!!!!

Sorry Pip, all credibility was lost when you stated that you have to agree with Chalerm...!!

The CMPO should turn up for their 2pm meeting with enough cavalry to arrest Mr. Suthep and charge him with murder, treason and the rest of the catalogue of crimes he has committed: little point though. The judiciary are more interested in trying TRT/PPP/PTP leaders for appearing on cookery programmes.

I am certainly no fan of Suthep, but who exactly is he supposed to have murdered, what evidence is there of treason, and what catalogue of crimes is he supposed to be responsible for?

There have been several people killed during the current protests, the vast majority of whom are anti-government protesters who have died at the hands of red shirt extremists. It therefore seems that these criminal acts that you are foisting upon Suthep belong somewhere else, in the Middle East.

We have today heard of a plan to set up an alternative government in Chiang Mai, an act which is seditious and punishable by death, since even planning to oppose the nation state and the monarchy is sufficient to prove guilt; however, we have heard of no plans for the RTP to arrest the individual who is making such statements

The CMPO is spineless, and it is simply making such an offer of discussions as a show for the public. That spineless individual, Chalerm, fled through the back door and escaped in his Porsche after taunting the protesters, and now, from afar, is pulling the strings of Tarit. What Tarit needs to understand is that he has surpassed any credibility of his office, and is regarded by all right-minded thinkers in Thailand as a puppet of his Dubai master. He needs to book his flight very quickly...!!

Mark my words, if these individuals do not manage to make their escape to Dubai when this is all over, they will find themselves languishing in a prison cell for a long time...!!

Not "a plan to set up an alternative government in Chiang Mai", but a plan to move the legitimate government to Chiang Mai in the event of an attempted military coup. Not quite the same thing.

&lt;deleted&gt;...!! How is a "caretaker" government, one which has relinquished its role and is now proposing new elections, a "legitimate government"? It is simply a stop-gap administration which has nothing more than a mandate to keep things turning over until a true "legitimate government" is elected.

The Thaksin administration has capitulated as a result of public pressure, and is now clutching at straws in ways we might not have previously imagined, in an attempt to keep hold of the reins.

This nonsensical crap that is currently being spouted by Pinnochio Tarit is typical of him. "Thaksin is good, Suthep is evil"...!! Well, let's just see how it all pans out, eh...?!

• Like 2

CMPO sounds a bit desperate already.

Why would that be ?

On the contrary, a very good move to be seen to offer dialogue and to demonstrate, once he declines, just how stubborn and inflexible Suthep is.

I dont think they are as petty as you seem to assume - they know it has gone past this stage - not everyone lives for petty tit for tat

good time to carry out a quick sneaky arrest and bang him up in the monkeyhouse where he belongs

May be just deport him to Dubai, and he can buy a house next door to Thailand's most famous criminal

Monkeyhouse?..............I suppose you mean "Bangkok Hilton" - well sorry for you but we put Farang there who say and do stupid things too

good time to carry out a quick sneaky arrest and bang him up in the monkeyhouse where he belongs

May be just deport him to Dubai, and he can buy a house next door to Thailand's most famous criminal

Monkeyhouse?..............I suppose you mean "Bangkok Hilton" - well sorry for you but we put Farang there who say and do stupid things too

Oh, welcome to the brave new world of Khun Suthep, implied threat directly from the keyboard of one of his fanatical Thai supporters. Don't say you weren't warned.....

• Like 1

Somebody issued orders to assassinate another protest leader, so one can well understand the PDRC's point

and don't forget Chalerm's warning to the PDRC about extra-judicial killings (being on the receiving end). Not a direct threat, though very close to one.

CMPO sounds a bit desperate already.

Why would that be ?

On the contrary, a very good move to be seen to offer dialogue and to demonstrate, once he declines, just how stubborn and inflexible Suthep is.

Yes, very nice of the Gov to offer dialogue now. Why didn't they try that when debating some of these illegal bills they are trying to pass instead of bringing the riot squad into parliament to remove the opposition?

• Like 1

Given the turnout at Suthep's speech tonight - maybe 1500 with about a third being tourists (I was there) - it ain't surprising. He has no more ammunition left.

He needs some blood on the streets to get things to swing his way. All at the expense of common folk who tend to follow blindly, benefiting the corrupt (so called elites).

This is a good strategy.

Suthep is spent force and his dismissing talks is bluff and blunder.

He will really be outed tomorrow when the talkers go to him and it is blatant that he is the only one obstructing things. It will be very clear to all that if talks do not happen, that it is him.

I think Suthep will have to soften. He clearly did not have the numbers tonight. Far too many there were obviously staff and bodyguards. lot of tourists mixed up and shoppers and then for the live music. See many times this amount of people in Lumpini every night.

Got to agree with Chalerm here. They do not want to kill or arrest these idiots as they do more damage to their cause just by being left out there.

Yes, the Police may be critisiced. but in the bigger picture Suthep is galvanising the Red support at a time it may have been waning. Suthep, for sure is the best recruiting tool the UDD have right now!!!!

Sorry Pip, all credibility was lost when you stated that you have to agree with Chalerm...!!

Ok one simple point then.

You think Chalerm does want violence now, violence that they fear would lead to a coup?

I'm sure he will want violence and retribution in the future, but why would he do it now. Reds plan now is quiet as a mouse. Not defending Chalerm, he is more than capable of having people bumped off from what I hear. This kept most of the mob away when they tried to march on him.

He and his brood will be back, thats for sure, but now?

Shhh .. here's plan B: Abhiset met with Kinney yesterday and decided that he wasn't gonna boycott the vote.. now at face value that sounds like an exit strategy for the failed shutdown ...clearly by dwindling numbers... Suthep is grasping at straws and really has only one more shot at big numbers and that is Sunday.. I am sure the majority of his followers are having second thoughts about all of this now that it appears for all intents and purposes that the poll WILL take place...and Abhiset shows up on a White New Years Horse and proclaims.' I am not goin' to forbid Democrats who want to vote on Sunday... it can be up to them... I have already made my mind up but I don't want to share how I will vote...' ....whattya bet thousands upon thousands hail this as the New Face of Reform... if for no other reason than to shed the unsightly Southern tissue from their shoes...and let a different Boy Scout take up the mantle based on his generosity of allowing Dems to vote and his clear understanding ( though he hasn't had one for three months) of the Democratic process and the right to vote...etc.etc...I bet there is an all time high on enthused Abhiset backers, though seemingly he is at odds with Sutheps mandate to fight the voting process with his bare hands...and shut it all down on Sunday.... but there is a huge flaw in even this attempt at an exit strategy...there are no Dem candidates in the poll last I heard so... what was the point of Abhiset's "understanding of True Democracy' ploy if not to be the first step to taking the heat off Siggy Suthep... and letting the disenfranchised supporters of Siggy have a new path to follow... with renewed vigor.. he can then purport to be someone with a fair and balanced view in the interest of the country....... What difference at all does it make if Abhiset said Dems can vote if they want to... who they gonna vote for... I wonder if they will figger it out before they go to the polls and I wonder if their 'own team' of voter-blockers will block them...is it just me or is this thing getting really hard to follow...? Mark my words [pun unintended...well accident...] it's gonna get more convoluted as we go on here.. ..nearly as convoluted as this post...sorry wai2.gif

Well CMPO has u-turned from Chalerm's 72-hour deadline and offers to talk with Suthep. About What?

'You very naughty Suthep are not obeying our SOE so we will impose a double-secret SOE if you're not careful'.

Chalerm has many major failings but the pertinent ones here are hot air and family cowardice.

I'm pretty sure that only Thaksin could have put Chalerm, Surapong & Tarit together and expected them to perform in any leadership role.

If the unsolved murders mainly of protestors were not so serious, a comedy team could have a field day with those 3 stooges.

The CMPO should turn up for their 2pm meeting with enough cavalry to arrest Mr. Suthep and charge him with murder, treason and the rest of the catalogue of crimes he has committed: little point though. The judiciary are more interested in trying TRT/PPP/PTP leaders for appearing on cookery programmes.

I am certainly no fan of Suthep, but who exactly is he supposed to have murdered, what evidence is there of treason, and what catalogue of crimes is he supposed to be responsible for?

There have been several people killed during the current protests, the vast majority of whom are anti-government protesters who have died at the hands of red shirt extremists. It therefore seems that these criminal acts that you are foisting upon Suthep belong somewhere else, in the Middle East.

We have today heard of a plan to set up an alternative government in Chiang Mai, an act which is seditious and punishable by death, since even planning to oppose the nation state and the monarchy is sufficient to prove guilt; however, we have heard of no plans for the RTP to arrest the individual who is making such statements

The CMPO is spineless, and it is simply making such an offer of discussions as a show for the public. That spineless individual, Chalerm, fled through the back door and escaped in his Porsche after taunting the protesters, and now, from afar, is pulling the strings of Tarit. What Tarit needs to understand is that he has surpassed any credibility of his office, and is regarded by all right-minded thinkers in Thailand as a puppet of his Dubai master. He needs to book his flight very quickly...!!

Mark my words, if these individuals do not manage to make their escape to Dubai when this is all over, they will find themselves languishing in a prison cell for a long time...!!

Not "a plan to set up an alternative government in Chiang Mai", but a plan to move the legitimate government to Chiang Mai in the event of an attempted military coup. Not quite the same thing.

&lt;deleted&gt;...!! How is a "caretaker" government, one which has relinquished its role and is now proposing new elections, a "legitimate government"? It is simply a stop-gap administration which has nothing more than a mandate to keep things turning over until a true "legitimate government" is elected.

The Thaksin administration has capitulated as a result of public pressure, and is now clutching at straws in ways we might nothavepreviously imagined, in an attempt to keep hold of the reins.

This nonsensical crap that is currently being spouted by Pinnochio Tarit is typical of him. "Thaksin is good, Suthep is evil"...!! Well, let's just see how it all pans out, eh...?!

The government is legitimate whether caretaker or not because it exists through the constitution.

Unfortunately the same can not be said for Suthep who is acting unconstitutionally and illegally. He has no more rights than your Thai wife/bf whichever way you lean. That means he has to be bound by the constitution and the law of the land. As is every citizen.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand