The Magical Buddha Cave Temple of Wat Buddhakhodom - near Phattalung

beautifulthailand99

I've posted this in my ghost thread - but some of you may have missed it there. A wonderful Buddha Cave temple deep down south with a strong emphasis on pure dhamma and a friendly welcome if that's what you are looking for.

Wat Buddhakhodom Cave Temple - ท่องเที่ยวถ้ำพุทธโคดม
Moo 7 Tambon Ban Na Chom Reang Rd. Phatthalung Province

I was shown round this wonderfully peaceful Thai Buddha Cave temple by our friend Nong Kwang on a recent trip to her home town of Phattalung in
southern Thailand. The temple is currently occupied by 3 monks and has an extensive cave network and wonderfully lush natural surroundings and is used
particuarly by Malaysian Buddhists as a meditation retreat.

You can also access the cave network and temple by a seldom used back entrance and steps which come off wonderfully peaceful homestay resort deep
in the heart of a secluded coconut plantation. It was Einstein I thin who said you can live your life as if everything is a miracle - or conversely nothing is a miracle.

I know what I prefer .....

On my second trip a week later I was to encounter an unidentified ghostly object captured on video as I walked alone through the cave complex.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification sabaijai - it would appear you have to have 4 monks to be a fully functioning temple and this has only three. I think the chief monk or whatever you call him would like to be a proper Wat but not at this time.

I've always been told that a quorum of five monks was needed to qualify for wat status. Not just any five monks, but monks of sufficient rank to be eligible to conduct monastic ordinations, among other criteria. In addition you need wisungkhaam seemaa (วิสุงคามสีมา), a consecrated piece of land officially granted or recognised by the Sangha council establishing the wat boundaries, under Sangha's jurisdiction,

Another Thai term for a place where several monks reside without wat status is samnak song (สำนักสงฆ์).

• Like 1