'No vote' option versus 'no show' this Sunday: February 2 election

webfact

'No vote' option versus 'no show' this Sunday

Whether "'No vote' option or 'no show' this Sunday", the winner is obvious AND ANXIOUS to pull through their SCAMS against the goodwill of the nation....

The winner is democracy for a no vote, and dictatorship for a no show. So the result are poles apart between the two.

There really is no such thing as a soft coup:

And this video makes me ask an obvious question. If they can close polling stations so easily, how do we know the voting boxes were even counted and not just discarded.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Elections are scheduled for Sunday. All Thais should exercise their democratic right to vote to show their position on the current political situation in Thailand. Abhisit said he is going to vote. PDRC leader Issara Somchai said he is going to vote. Why shouldn't all Thais follow their example?

Abhisit said he was keeping it private whether he voted or not didn't he?

'No vote' option versus 'no show' this Sunday

Whether "'No vote' option or 'no show' this Sunday", the winner is obvious AND ANXIOUS to pull through their SCAMS against the goodwill of the nation....

The winner is democracy for a no vote, and dictatorship for a no show. So the result are poles apart between the two.

There really is no such thing as a soft coup:

And this video makes me ask an obvious question. If they can close polling stations so easily, how do we know the voting boxes were even counted and not just discarded.

Because the RTP are there to protect them... do you feel better now B)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Elections are scheduled for Sunday. All Thais should exercise their democratic right to vote to show their position on the current political situation in Thailand. Abhisit said he is going to vote. PDRC leader Issara Somchai said he is going to vote. Why shouldn't all Thais follow their example?

If they don't vote now, the elite won't ever let them vote freely. Reform by an elite never favors everyone, it always just favors the elite.

Right now you might prefer some members of the Democrat party, e.g. Abhisit over Suthep, Korn over Abhisit. But you'll never get to choose, Suthep will. You won't even get the chance to reject Suthep's chosen few. Because he'll write them into the Constitution and you'll be force to re-elect them, North Korea style.

So don't let them take your vote from you.

you self delusional fake

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"If more than 50 per cent of the 48 million eligible voters abstain, then the winner - who in this case is likely to be the Pheu Thai Party - is bound to lose its legitimacy completely'

Wishful PAD-Dem thinking......Pheu Thai Party lose legitimacy in the face of minority coup-intentioned political forces?...Tell that to the Electoral majority, who need to re-vote in the face of attempted nullification of their last vote......They will demonstrate on Sunday just who has lost legitimacy.....And it won't be pretty for the PAD-Dem's.

"...Bound to Lose its legitimacy completely?.....This is stated as if there is already some loss of legitimacy.....Coup-monger illusions of grandeur.

For the PAD-Dem's to lay claim to all voter no-shows as being from their side of the divide is also a reach....Won't fool anyone, other than those who want to be.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

If they don't vote now, the elite won't ever let them vote freely. Reform by an elite never favors everyone, it always just favors the elite.

Right now you might prefer some members of the Democrat party, e.g. Abhisit over Suthep, Korn over Abhisit. But you'll never get to choose, Suthep will. You won't even get the chance to reject Suthep's chosen few. Because he'll write them into the Constitution and you'll be force to re-elect them, North Korea style.

you self delusional fake

Here's the video of the PDRC man saying that 300,000 voice in Bangkok are worth 15 million votes in the provinces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtcvkWAMWo

He says it at the 20 second mark.

Anyone who thinks we can expect free and fair elections from this lot is deluding themselves.

How can you tell if they abstained from voting or were blocked from voting by anti government protesters. whistling.gif

i suppose you would tell eventually by the tally of people that reported that fact to the police.. But yes i agree, blocking the vote is stupid.. much better at this stage for a NO VOTE.

Which seems to be gaining ground against the block the vote.

Many posters refer to the “elite” and the “poor”. That the elite is running the country. The elite, out of necessity is running the county. How many poor people including farmers have a high school education let alone gone to university. To be able to run for a seat in the Thai Parliament, the candidate has to have at least a BA degree, as per Thai law. It is all well “ arranged”. Another point to be put on the reform agenda before the next election.

Isn't it true that failing to vote disqualifies you from running in the subsequent election? I seem to remember Paradorn not running in Bangkok last time around for this very reason. I'd guess that's why people like Abhisit have already come out and said they'll be voting. And why PT will be hoping people choose not to vote vs a 'no vote', particularly its political foes.

Legally you have to vote. End of story

you self delusional fake

Here's the video of the PDRC man saying that 300,000 voice in Bangkok are worth 15 million votes in the provinces.

Anyone who thinks we can expect free and fair elections from this lot is deluding themselves.

This is one person only. Don't over react to one person's opinion. You are sounding paranoid.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Isn't it true that failing to vote disqualifies you from running in the subsequent election? I seem to remember Paradorn not running in Bangkok last time around for this very reason. I'd guess that's why people like Abhisit have already come out and said they'll be voting. And why PT will be hoping people choose not to vote vs a 'no vote', particularly its political foes.

Legally you have to vote. End of story

Unfortunately, given previous supporters of the Dem's don't know who to vote for and Abhisit's apparent support for Suthep who says don't vote, it looks like several won't vote. What this means is that next election, if Abhisit decides that the Dem's will compete, several votes in Bangkok that the Dem's could have counted on, will be prohibited from voting.

So much for an Oxford education.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

you self delusional fake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtcvkWAMWo

Ironically, this PDRC person, a Dr Seree, was himself born in the provinces.

How quickly these social-ladder-climbing Thais forget their roots ....

Stay at home,.. avoid the violence, avoid the charade,.. and most of all DON'T encourage them,... it just makes things worse!

Really strikes me as either ignorant or completely inflammatory to suggest people not exercise their right and their duty to vote in the matter of their representation in government. Without getting all dramatic, but I have to say a lot of society's have suffered immensely to gain the ability to have a voice, and at the individual level risked their own hides to exercise their choice.

To presume a vote does not count and therefore to not bother to make a choice, one seriously does not understand the value of and the price paid for it.

So do the world a favor and go back to whatever it is you do and stop telling yourself you know what your talking about. Cause clearly you do not, and the nation already has home grown ignorance.

Unbelievable, just as bad as telling people that sedition or working from outside a system is the only way.

Disgusted!

Many posters refer to the “elite” and the “poor”. That the elite is running the country. The elite, out of necessity is running the county. How many poor people including farmers have a high school education let alone gone to university. To be able to run for a seat in the Thai Parliament, the candidate has to have at least a BA degree, as per Thai law. It is all well “ arranged”. Another point to be put on the reform agenda before the next election.

The requirement for a degree to be an MP was removed from the constitution in 2007.

Who is arranging what???

Sent from my phone ...