Danish Man stabbed during attack by two Russians in South Pattaya

webfact

Danish Man stabbed during attack by two Russians in South Pattaya

denmark-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 25 year old Danish man is currently in a serious condition in Hospital following an attack by two men, thought to be Russians, in front of a popular South Pattaya Hotel.

Police and rescue services were called to the front of the Royal Cliff Beach Resort in the early hours of Friday and assisted Mr. Vasily Klausen who had been stabbed in the right side of his chest and on his left arm. At the scene he was in a semi-conscious state but deteriorated on the way to Hospital where he currently remains unconscious.

Pattaya Tourist Police Officers and Pattaya Police were involved in the initial investigation into the assault which was witnessed by passers-by, however those who saw the fracas could not offer any explanation as to why the attack took place.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/116953/danish-man-stabbed-during-attack-by-two-russians-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-31

• Like 1

Honestly when I was in Pataya last week after a year missing I found myself right in Moscow . In fact part of Pataya felt like china town and most of it was exactly Russia ( nothing against Rusian or Chinese though ) . So the percentage of the attackers being Rusian is probably higher than Brits.

Sent from up to me from where it was sent

• Like 2

Hope the Danish gets well soon.

Its "Dane;" he's a human being, not a breakfast treat.

Maybe that was also where the Russians got it wrong and started cutting him.

Al together not getting a safer image of Pattaya as a place to go out reading Thai Visa!

• Like 1

you never what could happen , alcohol most probably , "girlfriends " or any other motives ..... after all this is Pattaya .

Stabbing a person with a knife is common for "Russians" that are actually from Caucasian republics of RF. I have to say that it looks like one "Russian" refugee (from Chechnya?) who got a Danish citizenship has been attacked by other people from Chechnya just for been at an opposite side of a no-ending war in Chechnya. As a Russian citizen myself I heard a lot of similar stories from Russia. Well, people may travel and meet their war foes. It happens.

• Like 1

Honestly when I was in Pataya last week after a year missing I found myself right in Moscow . In fact part of Pataya felt like china town and most of it was exactly Russia ( nothing against Rusian or Chinese though ) . So the percentage of the attackers being Rusian is probably higher than Brits.

Yes Pattaya has more Russian and Chinese store front signs in their language...and travel agents in some areas of Nakula have only Russian!

Edited by Rimmer
Off topic racist rant removed

tonyja, on 31 Jan 2014 - 10:09, said:

Yep, I guess it was likely Brits just saying Da Nyet Da Nyet Da just to confuse others...................coffee1.gif

You started the stupid assumptions tonyja, why mention the Brits?

Before people go off suggesting the victim is not a 'real Dane', while his given name is broadly Russian, his surname is Danish (or German, etc.). Quite possible--even likely--he was born in Denmark to a Danish father and Russian mother. As an aside, I have a Scottish given name and apparently not a wee bit of Scottish blood...

I am not quite sure how and why people manage to take knives on a holiday??? I guess it was just another day in Pattaya.

It's not like you can easily buy knives in Thailand. Why take coals to Newcastle?