Australians staying away from Phuket due to political unrest

keestha

We are still seeing plenty of Aussies......

They come here all months of the year, not to escape the freezing weather like people from the northern hemisphere

Who have there holidays in Asia in the high season here which is winter in thailand, still hot if you come from a country where it is snowing

• Like 1

Of course, nothing to do with the plummeting Australian dollar......

Around 29 baht to 1 AUD at present, hows the GBP going

One year ago, there was 31 Baht per Australian dollar. Today, only 28.8 Baht per Australian dollar. All due to the end of the commodities boom.

One year ago, there was 46.7 Baht to the pound. Today, a little over 54. This is due to the UK's improving economy.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

One year ago, there was 31 Baht per Australian dollar. Today, only 28.8 Baht per Australian dollar. All due to the end of the commodities boom.

One year ago, there was 46.7 Baht to the pound. Today, a little over 54. This is due to the UK's improving economy.

I think this commodoties issue will push it further!

They come here all months of the year, not to escape the freezing weather like people from the northern hemisphere

Who have there holidays in Asia in the high season here which is winter in thailand, still hot if you come from a country where it is snowing

Aussies come in the low season when its winter in Australia

You have to make a choice: do they come all months of the year or in low season?

Less bogans hopefully...(I'm an Australian)

Hmm. Speaking of 'Bogans', 'Nedkellylives' I believe is from Perth? From recollection, a taxi driver in his past life, which is great from a viewpoint of the ongoing transport issues in Phuket.

Perth is the biggest village in the world. I quite like it, though.

I can't work out the logic of people that live in Perth, you've got one of the best climates in OZ, so why go to Thailand, maybe there's truth in the rumour that Tasmanians can swim.

I can't work out the logic of people that live in Perth, you've got one of the best climates in OZ, so why go to Thailand, maybe there's truth in the rumour that Tasmanians can swim.

it gets pretty cold in winter good time to come thailand
  • Like 1

Cause its just as cheap to come here.....

I got 32.4 baht the last time i changed money and when the exchange rate improves i will transfer more money here

The UK like the USA are just printing money with no gold reserves to cover its value , inproving economy B/S

• Like 1

Maybe they think BKK is in Phuket, anyway most Aussies I've seen in Phuket sit in Aussie bars drinking oz beer, eating oz food listening to oz music with their ocker gf's, same same but different I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Less bogans hopefully...(I'm an Australian)

Hmm. Speaking of 'Bogans', 'Nedkellylives' I believe is from Perth? From recollection, a taxi driver in his past life, which is great from a viewpoint of the ongoing transport issues in Phuket.

Taxi owner actually from 1975 to 1979, check the current value of a taxi in Perth it could be more than all your assets are worth

it gets pretty cold in winter good time to come thailand

To right mate, it does get cold in Perth but not in Phuket, great weather all the year round

6.25 hours flying time Phuket/Perth,

I have a home in Perth but prefer Phuket where i also have a home

The slowing of China's economy and Australia's commodity boom are big factors in the lowering of the AUD, but not the only reason.

As with most things it's political. Profits from exports have been lower because of the high currency value and certain manufacturers, farmers and other self interested groups have suffered. The change of government to a conservative

coalition has seen much talking down of it's value. Every time the Governor of the Reserve Bank opens his mouth the dollar drops a couple of points.

Different interest groups have different ideas about where it's true value should lie. As an expat with Australian income, I think it should be at about 40baht!

I guess, Karen, you brought up the English economy in this thread about Australia because you're happy with the rate you're getting for your English income.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1

Less people from Perth the better.. (I am not from Perth and wouldn't wish Perth on Hitler)

It is a strange place agreed - some good golf mind

I'm from Perth and I had many good reasons why I decided to retire in Thailand instead of Australia.

But I'm still interested to hear why these attitudes?

Hans is probably from Adelaide (Hahndorf?) so his opinions are of less interest than normal, but what constitutes "strange"? I may well agree with you.

I can't work out the logic of that Tasmanian comment.

However, Perth people don't holiday in Thailand for the beaches or weather, they go for the exotic Asian experience, and the fact that a holiday in Bali or Phuket is much cheaper than one in Cairns, Sydney, Melbourne or even Broome.

Australia's Airline, Qantas, has never bothered to cater for Perth people with reasonable pricing or convenient routeing.

There won't be many from there who will mourn it's demise when it goes.

• Like 1

Aussies come in the low season when its winter in Australia

You have to make a choice: do they come all months of the year or in low season?

I think if you take long enough and read my posts correctly you will eventually work it out for yourself