Aussie bar owner takes deadly tumble down Phuket stairs

webfact

Aussie bar owner takes deadly tumble down Phuket stairs
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_201413020714617_QZXewRSkqTQJj
Adin Medzic died after allegedly spending the evening at his bar with his partner Fon Somwong. Photo: Facebok/Adin Medzic

PHUKET: -- A 47-year-old Australian expat fell down a flight of stairs to his death yesterday after a night spent at his bar in Phuket.

Adin Medzic had allegedly been drinking at his bar in the OTOP Market in Patong since 7pm Wednesday.

He and his Thai partner, Fon Somwong, left together after the bar closed, Maj Weerapong Raktito of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette.

“We were told that once the pair arrived home, Mr Medzic lost his balance and fell down the stairs, hitting his head,” Maj Weerapong explained.

“At about 1:50am, Ms Fon called 191 for help. Patong Hospital sent an ambulance to pick up Mr Medzic from the Chutima Apartments, but it was too late to save him.”

Mr Medzic was pronounced dead on arrival at Patong Hospital at about 2:10am.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Aussie-bar-owner-takes-deadly-tumble-down-Phuket-stairs-24455.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-01-31

I know what the article says, but just wondering what the actual cause of death may be. Heart attack, or similar, causing the fall, or the actual fall itself, causing him to hit his head.

Anyway, 47, way too young.

Condolences to family and friends.

Edited by NamKangMan

I know what the article says, but just wondering what the actual cause of death may be. Heart attack, or similar, causing the fall, or the actual fall itself, causing him to hit his head.

How does lost his balance due to alcohol intoxication, fell down the stairs, expired due to blunt force trauma to the head sound? Does that work for you? ;-)

How does lost his balance due to alcohol intoxication, fell down the stairs, expired due to blunt force trauma to the head sound? Does that work for you? ;-)

That was about time, I was already thinking what had become of Thaivisa.

A topic started 6 hours ago and not a single one who had suggested he was murdered. whistling.gif ( in absence of a sarcasm emoticon )

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 2

That was about time, I was already thinking what had become of Thaivisa.

A topic started 6 hours ago and not a single one who had suggested he was murdered. whistling.gif ( in absence of a sarcasm emoticon )

I'm surprised too that TV detectives hasn't woke up yet after after last night of drinking

It is amazing. A death reported on Thai Visa without all sorts of innuendo, subtle and not so much.

Sorry that his relatively young life was ended whatever the reason and that he's left behind those who will be pained by his absence. Alcohol causes a lot of misery.

It is amazing. A death reported on Thai Visa without all sorts of innuendo, subtle and not so much.

Sorry that his relatively young life was ended whatever the reason and that he's left behind those who will be pained by his absence. Alcohol causes a lot of misery.

How do you know it was alcohol that caused his death ? Like op said it could have been a heart attack or even just fainting and then falling down the stairs and recieving the head injury resulting in death RIP

Maybe drinking since Wednesday caused the fall.

How about died from blunt force trauma...then pushed down the stairs? This is Thailand...

Sad news...

they look happy in the pic, none of anyone else's business his surname or his Mrs wearing a gold bracelet, every one I know's Mrs/GF have gold bracelets

R I P to the bloke

Agree with you, but wait until 'ginjag' sees your comment about certain things being none of our business, he'll be all over you!

Just wondering if he died from natural causes, or from misadventure. That's all. I'm not suggesting any foul play.

It would be the questions his friends, family and insurance company would be asking.

Does that work for you????