Thai Police warn PCAD not to sabotage election

webfact

Police Warn PCAD Not To Sabotage Election
By Khaosod English

pol.jpg
Riot police facing anti-government protesters at the entrance to Police Club, 29 January 2014

BANGKOK: -- A high-ranking police officer has threatened swift legal action against would be election saboteurs on 2 February.

Pol.Lt.Gen. Amnart Anart-ngam, the police commander in charge of overseeing the general election, said the police force is already gathering evidence of anti-government protesters who disrupted the advance voting on 26 January for legal prosecution.

Disrupting or sabotaging the election is a criminal offence under the Thai laws, and carries a penalty of both fines and jail sentence.

"We will take action against every wrongdoer, no matter what political side they are," Pol.Lt.Gen. Amnart said, adding that he is seeking cooperation from the Election Commission (EC) to prosecute these suspects.

For the general election on 2 February, Pol.Lt. Gen. Amnart said, the police will deploy as many as 200,000 officers to safeguard the polling stations across the country, which number at least 93,535 locations in 77 provinces.

The massive police force would be reportedly commanded by 50,000 commissioned officers, and supported by 1,450 ′rapid response′ teams.

"You can say we have committed all the force we have in order to ensure that the election would be peaceful," Pol.Lt.Gen. Amnart said.

The officer added that the situation is particularly worrying in Bangkok and 10 southern provinces - the major stronghold of anti-government movements.

His remark came a day after the leader of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) reiterated his threats to block and disrupt the 2 February poll with any available means.

Speaking to the crowd of protesters at Pathumwan Intersection last night, Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban vowed to "shutdown Bangkok completely" on the election day. He also urged all civil servants and officials to abandon their posts, and join the protesters in their campaign against the election instead.

"Come join us," Mr. Suthep said," Don′t care about the election!"

PCAD has demanded that the election be scrapped in favour for the formation of an unelected "People′s Council", which would implement series of reforms deemed necessary by PCAD leadership before any election can be held.

Nevertheless, Pol.Lt.Gen. Amnart said he believes there won′t be any violent incident on the election day itself, as there are numerous polling stations which would force anti-election protesters to thinly spread out across the capital city.

"I believe those who wish to exercise their voting rights would not be troubled," Pol.Lt.Gen. Amnart said, "The minority could not possibly force the majority".

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1UQTNNamc0T0E9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-31

hahahahaha, swift legal action, that means sometime later this year, have you ever known a cop to do anything fast here. This lot cant even tie their own shoe laces without some help, all the protesters will have to do is show up and the police will take off, besides they will be too busy supporting the reds and possibly taking a few pot shots at the protesters like they did the other day and all for nothing as the election will have to be held again, fools

• Like 1

The cops have issued so many warnings - and then done nothing.

Even last Sunday, I saw a video of a voter struggling to get to the gates of the polling station, while there were 5 vested policemen inside the gates watching the melee, doing sweet FA to help the voter get through.

No wonder Suthep not only ignores the police's warnings, but mocks them too.

• Like 2

Even last Sunday, I saw a video of a voter struggling to get to the gates of the polling station, while there were 5 vested policemen inside the gates watching the melee, doing sweet FA to help the voter get through.

It's GANG UP time,

The police + red shirts + men in black + snipers. verses the protesters + army

Interesting to watch the match, The voters will be the ones in the middle.

This was from last monday. They must have forgotten about this. I recommend we deal with the existing ultimatums first before we issue new ones.

"The siege of government installations must end. In 72 hours from now, units of raiders will be dispatched to round up the protesters. This is not a threat, but a warning 72 hours in advance," said Chalerm, also the caretaker Labour Minister.

• Like 2

It's GANG UP time,

Army? You mean Prayuth's faction of the army. Suthep threatened the rest of the army leaders with imprisonment if he gets power for their disobedience, so I think they'd be happy if one of their soldiers accidentally shot him!

By accident you understand.

Google [suthep threatens] returns 233,000 results (0.27 seconds)

Threatening people is a common theme of his.

• Like 2

It's GANG UP time,

Army? You mean Prayuth's faction of the army. Suthep threatened the rest of the army leaders with imprisonment if he gets power for their disobedience, so I think they'd be happy if one of their soldiers accidentally shot him!

Thanks for your one sided vision of events. Take a look in the not to distant future when most of the government are up before the judge.

Along with Suthep.

Have you forgotten the wrongs of 3 years --I think not --your just being stubborn and wanting confrontation similar to the reds if you don't get your way.

• Like 1

If the yellows can hijack the airport and get away with it I'm sure they can sabotage an election and get away with it. They have a corrupt and biased judiciary on their side and they know it.

So yesterday PDRC gave categorical assurance to BBC live on line, to Not block or obstruct elections. Brother No2 Akanat , the first Non-Nepotistic PDRC leader and son of Suthep

Suthep must have slapped his legs and u - turned again.

So in the last week, 2 times the said no blockin, many times they say block obstruct etc. and we know which it is as we have the tv and video evidence of the travelling mob in action last sunday.

Numbers are falling and I notice people hiding the whistles last night as they left Asoke and headed down Rachada. Think many are starting to feel they really could be arrested now and might behave a bit.

Suthep also has threatened the Army.... which is not a good idea seeing as they have "access" to him smile.png

To remind. Last PAD top leader to piss off army after they couped. Sondhi was given oer 100 reasons from the army not to do it again. Think it was deliverd by M-16. Sonthi was the Suthep of the day, so he needs to watch his own side more than the reds even.

Also notable for the Coup lovers. These people could not even hit one old man in his car with 4 guys machine gunning him. Nobody at all on any side blamed the reds. Hmmm.

86007349Thai.jpg

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 1

If the yellows can hijack the airport and get away with it I'm sure they can sabotage an election and get away with it. They have a corrupt and biased judiciary on their side and they know it.

So yesterday PDRC gave categorical assurance to BBC live on line, to Not block or obstruct elections. Brother No2 Akanat , the first Non-Nepotistic PDRC leader and son of Suthep

So in the last week, 2 times the said no blockin, many times they say block obstruct etc. and we know which it is as we have the tv and video evidence of the travelling mob in action last sunday.

Numbers are falling and I notice people hiding the whistles last night as they left Asoke and headed down Rachada. Think many are starting to feel they really could be arrested now and might behave a bit.

Suthep also has threatened the Army.... which is not a good idea seeing as they have "access" to him smile.png

To remind. Last PAD top leader to piss off army after they couped. Sondhi was given oer 100 reasons from the army not to do it again. Think it was deliverd by M-16. Sonthi was the Suthep of the day, so he needs to watch his own side more than the reds even.

86007349Thai.jpg

I have an I dea some one was trigger happy here.

Watching too many Thai movies-soaps. Thais in many cases never know when to stop--no cut off point-- violence-drink-greed-- shows more now than 33 years ago. Getting to be a bit normal. Must be fuelled how the country is being run in general.

Why do people bother posting google search results? If you search for "Yingluck threatens" you get over a million results. It means nothing.

They haven't got away with it. The cases are going through the courts, as are red shirt cases from 2007. Justice is slow in Thailand.

They haven't got away with it. The cases are going through the courts, as are red shirt cases from 2007. Justice is slow in Thailand.

In the same way that the Red Bull case is "going through the courts".

Why do people bother posting google search results? If you search for "Yingluck threatens" you get over a million results. It means nothing.

Yingluck scandal gets 7.36 million.

What can it mean?

Yingluck affair - 3.75 million

Yingluck Obama - 7 million

hahahahaha, swift legal action, that means sometime later this year, have you ever known a cop to do anything fast here. This lot cant even tie their own shoe laces without some help, all the protesters will have to do is show up and the police will take off, besides they will be too busy supporting the reds and possibly taking a few pot shots at the protesters like they did the other day and all for nothing as the election will have to be held again, fools

Later this year? Now that would be swift. More likely in about 5 years time.

For the general election on 2 February, Pol.Lt. Gen. Amnart said, the police will deploy as many as 200,000 officers to safeguard the polling stations across the country, which number at least 93,535 locations in 77 provinces.

Hmmmm, doing the math and I get 2.14 officers per location.

And if more than 4 or 5 protesters show up, what will these officers do? How about if 100 or more show up?

Answer, do a runner.

• Like 2

Also notable for the Coup lovers. These people could not even hit one old man in his car with 4 guys machine gunning him. Nobody at all on any side blamed the reds. Hmmm.

86007349Thai.jpg

"Also notable for the Coup lovers. These people could not even hit one old man in his car with 4 guys machine gunning him."

Interesting, I was thinking that Sondhi set it up himself to win some sympathy ...

• Like 1

More media conniving.

No reports of a failing mob on here is there. Independents and tweeters report 8 trucks and less than 250 people... and they counted them today on Rachadaphisek.

What a country that has a court system shifting into top gear to protect this lunatics. All over internet now and only debate is are there 300 there? Sure sure it ain't 6 million

BfSaYK1CQAIgHoH.jpg

""We will take action against every wrongdoer, no matter what political side they are," Pol.Lt.Gen. Amnart said, adding that he is seeking cooperation from the Election Commission (EC) to prosecute these suspects."

I would love to see you do that but I dont believe you. Suthep has arrest warrents out on him and none of you have arrested him yet.

It's GANG UP time,

Thanks for your one sided vision of events. Take a look in the not to distant future when most of the government are up before the judge.

Along with Suthep.

Have you forgotten the wrongs of 3 years --I think not --your just being stubborn and wanting confrontation similar to the reds if you don't get your way.

How about the 90 killed and thousands injured by suthep and the dems????? How about them?????? Anything to say???? Suthep ordered the snipers to open fire and they even killed a girl - a nurse- in a temple.

No they didn't do nothing....they collected tea money at other places....

It's GANG UP time,

No! You will have to do better than that. If you are going to claim that Suthep threatened the army you should provide a reference. None of the google results I could find showed anything of the kind. Please note that I'm not claiming to have read every reference to Suthep that google can find. So either provide a reference or refrain from making things up, or at least let us know that there is no reference and that you think you remember reading something somewhere and just don't know when or where.

• Like 2

"Police Warn PCAD Not To Sabotage Election"

".......or else."

"Oh yeah, and what are you going to do about it?'

"I'll get my dad onto you"

"Oh yeah, and I'll get my dad onto yours"

"Well, my dad is bigger than yours"

"No he ain't, my dad is a world boxing champion"........

Edited by Card

So,everybody is being warned are they, yeah, that should scare them. They warn people : not to drive drunk, wear a crash helmet, get a driving licence, don't exceed the speed limits, don't carry guns................... everyone listens to that so what could possibly go wrong ?

This was from last monday. They must have forgotten about this. I recommend we deal with the existing ultimatums first before we issue new ones.

"The siege of government installations must end. In 72 hours from now, units of raiders will be dispatched to round up the protesters. This is not a threat, but a warning 72 hours in advance," said Chalerm, also the caretaker Labour Minister.

Yeah! You beat me to this. I am about to mention it too.

Now it is already more than 72 hours and where's that ultimatum made by Chalerm? They are just bluffing each other. Nothing has been achieved

Political Criminally Armed Dingbats

like warning the Phuket taxi drivers that they will be arrested for scamming and beating up tourists ,they laugh with scorn and carry on as usual

Edited by 3NUMBAS

More media conniving.

No reports of a failing mob on here is there. Independents and tweeters report 8 trucks and less than 250 people... and they counted them today on Rachadaphisek.

What a country that has a court system shifting into top gear to protect this lunatics. All over internet now and only debate is are there 300 there? Sure sure it ain't 6 million

BfSaYK1CQAIgHoH.jpg

That is at least 6 million people, if not much more. The photographer on purpose chose a bad angle. He's probably on Thaksin's payroll!

Just like you are if you are denying the revolution of the tens of millions of Thais on the street right now! You are probably paid by Thaksin too!

(And yes, that was sarcasm..)