Public Health Society announces boycott of election

webfact

22 years of watching rich corrupt Thais hold the country back.

I saw first hand the improvements under Thaksin.... and so did most of thailand. BKK is not Thailand and the 100-200 on the march today prove they are a spent force.

Only the media not portraying this again.

Tell me this is a 6 million man march. Didn't even hold up traffic in some parts or it.

<snip pic>

"I saw first hand the improvements under Thaksin"

Why hasn't he been able to continue those improvements with his proxy parties? Maybe the global economy has something to do with it? Booming while he was in power, and busted since. He's not so good when the global economy sucks, is he?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is that it is sad when an organisation that should be a unifying influence via the promotion of health - a public good - positions itself on one side of a highly polarised social divide. It is doubly sad when it encourages the boycotting of a democratic election, a stance that is seen as highly negative by the vast majority of observers outside Thailand.

• Like 2

I saw first hand the improvements under Thaksin.... and so did most of thailand. BKK is not Thailand and the 100-200 on the march today prove they are a spent force.

Tell me this is a 6 million man march. Didn't even hold up traffic in some parts or it.

<snip pic>

"I saw first hand the improvements under Thaksin"

Why hasn't he been able to continue those improvements with his proxy parties? Maybe the global economy has something to do with it? Booming while he was in power, and busted since. He's not so good when the global economy sucks, is he?

Alternatively it could be argued that total GDP doubled so, maintaining percentage growth is a bit harder.

At the end.of it, the thai economy did well under thaksin.

pipkins post # 6

They going to enforce it then? Idiots was not strong enough a word. These people have no clue as to what it means to give up your voting rights for all time.

Luckily.. Yingluck will protect their rights for them during this period of insanity.. ooopss sorry, should I mention Period with all those eductate medics. Remember how they sniggered about it last month. They had no end of fun snearing about her periods, sanitary towels and vaginal surgery did they. Oh how we laughed..... at them, not with them smile.png

They think they got the timing right and it will pressure the Government. All it does is show their allegience to Suthep!!!

All your comment shows is your slavish devotion to a clan bent on total political dictatorship

BfSaYK1CQAIgHoH.jpg

22 years watching

2 weeks of doing

pipkins

Member Since 2014-01-13

smell any fish??

• Like 1

Did they ballot the members to come to this decision?

No, of course not. That would be democracy, which is what they're opposed to.

One good thing about the present crisis is that it has exposed how deeply the anti-democracy cancer has spread through Thai society. When the time comes for real reform the elected government of the Thai people will know exactly who raised their hand against democracy and can deal with them accordingly.

• Like 1

IF the shit hits the fan in the next few days, can red shirts be guaranteed appropriate care in a public hospital?

One good thing about the present crisis is that it has exposed how deeply the anti-democracy cancer has spread through Thai society. When the time comes for real reform the elected government of the Thai people will know exactly who raised their hand against democracy and can deal with them accordingly.
I really don't like what is going on here. Leaders of organisations are just speaking on behalf of thousands of members. Everyone talks of red shirt intimidation in villages, and how thick farmers may or may not be.

Just look and listen to the supposed intelligent ones. Its like animal farm brought to reality with a bit of lord of the flies thrown in.

The hypocrisy is terrifying, and no one dare to ask?

Who do you think you are speaking on my behalf? 3rd world farmers I can maybe grasp, but this lot pretending to be intelligent?
  • Like 1

I really don't like what is going on here. Leaders of organisations are just speaking on behalf of thousands of members. Everyone talks of red shirt intimidation in villages, and how thick farmers may or may not be.

Just look and listen to the supposed intelligent ones. Its like animal farm brought to reality with a bit of lord of the flies thrown in.

Who do you think you are speaking on my behalf? 3rd world farmers I can maybe grasp, but this lot pretending to be intelligent?

Yeh, but the pretend-are-few-of-your-stooges-represent-all-doctors is just a PR thing. In this case there are two aspects different from the usual ones his PR guys kick out:

1) The story mentions an opposing group of doctors, that are campaigning for democracy.

2) The story is exceptionally light on the 'who' (comprised of various clubs and agencies in the Public Health Ministry, four medical schools and seven medical organisations)

So his PR people kick out a fluff piece that's very vague, and Nation pads it with opposing information.

I'm waiting for the "Spirits of the after-life for Reform before elections" committee, where a mystic talks to their long dead grandad, who tells them that everyone in the afterlife thinks Suthep is terrific and a totally smashing person and in no way a dishonest crook trying to seize power for himself! Why not we've had pretty every other type of person represented by these fake groups.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Authoritarian nonsense.

it appears to have a very dictatorial management structure. Very on line with Suthep ideal structure. Maybe thais naturally like to be dictated to. What happens if some of the members tell the leadership to stuff off?

Or do these supposedly intelligent free thinkers just get in line? I love it when hypocrisy is just so apparent, but because it is done by a pooyai, its acceptable.

Sheeple?

No, of course not.

I really don't like what is going on here. Leaders of organisations are just speaking on behalf of thousands of members.

Who do you think you are speaking on my behalf?

They are speaking on behalf of the of the Public Health Society.

Just as the article states.

Staggering amounts of entirely, unsupported by evidence, balderdash posturing.

Wild-eyed speculation is a wondrous thing.

Authoritarian nonsense.

it appears to have a very dictatorial management structure. Very on line with Suthep ideal structure. Maybe thais naturally like to be dictated to. What happens if some of the members tell the leadership to stuff off?

Or do these supposedly intelligent free thinkers just get in line? I love it when hypocrisy is just so apparent, but because it is done by a pooyai, its acceptable.

Sheeple?

No, of course not.

I really don't like what is going on here. Leaders of organisations are just speaking on behalf of thousands of members.

Who do you think you are speaking on my behalf?

As a committee member you can not stand up arbitrarily and claim to speak wholly on behalf of anyone, unless there is someway to canvas opinion.

This is a massive organisation, and to claim you speak on behalf of the whole is ridiculous. So every doctor in this organisation support?

Piffle, and as a statement no better than how the reds intimidate people to vote for them.

Actually the body of the press release says "Ministry" not "Society".

It's made to sound like the "Ministry of Public Health", but this one they've called themselves the similar sounding "Public Health Ministry", which sounds like its part of the government but is a society.

And who are this "Public Health Ministry"?

The society is comprised of various [VAGUE] clubs and agencies in the Public Health Ministry, four [uNNAMED] medical schools and seven [uNNAMED] medical organisations. (annotation are mine)

They can't name them, because the doctors in them would protest about being associated with this anti-democracy group of nutters.

Cylon post # 2

Idiots

Why do you make such a comment Cylon?'

They are exercising their rights not to vote, the spoiling of ballot papers is also a comment in line with a refusal to vote.

Democracy sometimes works in strange ways

Spoilt ballot papers and failing to vote do not elect candidates. The candidate with the most valid votes wins. If the result is not to their liking, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Re. "A statement from the health society said members of the society would perform civil disobedience by refusing to exercise their voting right."

It's not "disobedience" when you don't vote ... but it is stupid. Esp. considering that many formerly-Thaksin-loving, unpaid rice farmers are now threatening to vote against Yinluck.

"Public Health Society announces boycott of election"

Same old, same old. Another one...Will they never stop?

One of the PAD-Dem elements making some sort of profound statement, as if they are unrelated to the PAD-Dem's.

They keep doing it...Slicing off one of their segments, and pontificating about stuff that parrot's PAD-Dem agenda. All of it trying to fool people into thinking there is widespread support for that agenda. When in fact it is just different group-same faces.

Everyone knows the medical establishment and all its' sub-units including this one (If it is one), are Thaksin haters, for taking their 'golden goose' away with his 30-baht hospital program.

Anyone heard of this 'society" before?...They also like to use "Networks"...Many on-the-spot faux creations just to make pro-PAD-Dem agenda pronouncements without being perceived as PAD-Dem's.

"Public Health Society announces boycott of election"

Same old, same old. Another one...Will they never stop?

One of the PAD-Dem elements making some sort of profound statement, as if they are unrelated to the PAD-Dem's.

They keep doing it...Slicing off one of their segments, and pontificating about stuff that parrot's PAD-Dem agenda. All of it trying to fool people into thinking there is widespread support for that agenda. When in fact it is just different group-same faces.

Everyone knows the medical establishment and all its' sub-units including this one (If it is one), are Thaksin haters, for taking their 'golden goose' away with his 30-baht hospital program.

Anyone heard of this 'society" before?...They also like to use "Networks"...Many on-the-spot faux creations just to make pro-PAD-Dem agenda pronouncements without being perceived as PAD-Dem's.

How typical. Someone or some organization does something that the Shinawatras and their acolytes like you don't like and so they're labelled as 'Thaksin haters' or they're in some way wired into the underground Democrat or ammart network! We've heard it all before! Thanks for the conspiracy theory. clap2.gif

• Like 1

They going to enforce it then? Idiots was not strong enough a word. These people have no clue as to what it means to give up your voting rights for all time.

Luckily.. Yingluck will protect their rights for them during this period of insanity.. ooopss sorry, should I mention Period with all those eductate medics. Remember how they sniggered about it last month. They had no end of fun snearing about her periods, sanitary towels and vaginal surgery did they. Oh how we laughed..... at them, not with them smile.png

They think they got the timing right and it will pressure the Government. All it does is show their allegience to Suthep!!!

Troll

Please note the difference between a "business" or a "social" group and individuals.

"They" in this case are the organizations who represent the operational interests of its members. The Bangkok centric Society represents entities and not individuals. It is not as if people who are members of professional bodies passed a resolution at a convention or at a general meeting on the issue. Interestingly enough the "society" has not weighed in previously on actual issues that relate to health policy. When is the last time any of these groups delivered a white paper on public health policy?

• Like 1

It is clearly not strong enough a word for you and the other red sheeple here. As for the health professionals adding their voice to the dissatifsfaction at being ruled by a fugitive and his puppets who are only in it for their self gain, good on em for taking a stand ! The tide is turning and soon the Shins will be gone. Then you will have to find another band wagon to jump on.

How typical. Someone or some organization does something that the Shinawatras and their acolytes like you don't like and so they're labelled as 'Thaksin haters' or they're in some way wired into the underground Democrat or ammart network! We've heard it all before! Thanks for the conspiracy theory. clap2.gif

You don't know anything about this society do you? Do you know what they do? Are you aware that it is the equivalent of a lobbying group? The society does not represent individuals but the business entities such as the Bangkok for profit teaching facilities.

• Like 1

It is clearly not strong enough a word for you and the other red sheeple here. As for the health professionals adding their voice to the dissatifsfaction at being ruled by a fugitive and his puppets who are only in it for their self gain, good on em for taking a stand ! The tide is turning and soon the Shins will be gone. Then you will have to find another band wagon to jump on.

These are not "health professionals"

Ttake the time to learn about the health society because you made the false assumption that health professionals are speaking out, when nothing of that nature has occurred. Do you think people in white coats on TV selling cosmetics are actual scientists?

What are they afraid of ?

Not getting what they want, or folk not voting, or fear of folk being paid to vote the payers way.

They should look at the society they have created, that corruption is the norm.

Don't start crying now cos corruption isn't going your way.

Not surprising really. Top health professionals much preferred it when only a handful of very polite, generally very healthy rich people came into hospitals and disturbed them from their mobile phone conversations. Now millions of the great unwashed are thronging the hospitals with real illnesses and 'health professionals' have to work for their living. Oh for those old halyon days!

• Like 1

Troll

as usual!