Gentlemen, It appears we are Isaan's version of the IMF

GinBoy2

Married my Isaan wife in her village in 1968. After raising our kids in the States, the wf and I retired back here. We live outside a very old rice farming village and find life here very good and peaceful. I believe it is true that most Thais see farangs as walking ATMs. Several of her family members often hit me for whiskey money, school fees, funerals or unlimited tam boon, Being family, they have no concept of returning any money but always like to let me know how good my next life will be.

if your silly enough to give it to them, what can I say. I would say the best is to direct them to your wife as she controls the money and you will see the difference
As my wife is the youngest of 7, she now has an outlook like a westerner. When we last went to see MIL, most brothers and sisters also came to visit. 4 of them hit her up for a 'loan' and she told them never again as she's been giving them money for 10 years now and never repaid. They all work, gamble and drink a lot. Needless to say that the day they were refused money they left without even saying goodbye to mother. So proud of her. A week later, MIL asked for a large amount of baht, wifey asked what for? She replied, your brother wants to buy another taxi, now mother lost face as she told her what she told them. Even prouder.

Stand your ground or it will never stop.

But they milked her dry of your money for 10 years. You should say stand your ground from day 1

I should have said for ten years before I met her, then taught her how to invest and look at what they had done with the money they bled out of her. She learnt pretty quickly b

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic