Getting certified for international or private schools

I already have a good income and job and im only looking into this as a backup/feel good.

Basically i know if i do all of this in Thailand i will not be able to get a job for the 100 000b+ per month salaries yet i know there's a tons of sub-standard international/private school that pay enough to be worthy of a backup plan. I was wondering if without any degree i could do my whole studies in Thailand to possibly become a teacher some day? I tried finding some information but everything on google is about teaching English which i would never do, as i would make more paying a burmese to sell satay sticks at the market and i would get no important degree to feel better about my education.

Edited by bearpolar

• 3 weeks later...

Hello bearpolar, ..I'm a little confused but this is what I understand.

1. You're a foreigner in Thailand with only a secondary school education diploma
  2. You want to be a teacher and teach something but not English
  3. You don't have a degree
  4. You're considering studying in Thailand to earn a bachelor's degree
  5. You want to be hired after you graduate with a salary of 100,000 baht per month

My apologizes if I'm mistaken but you didn't give a lot of information. Feel free to share more.

You will need a degree if you want to teach and receive a fair salary. Only the top schools have salaries close to 100,000 baht per month. Your qualifications and experience would have to be impeccable in order to be hired for that kind of salary teaching whatever you envision yourself teaching. Being a native English speaker is only a basic requirement that would factor into your experience. A bit of luck and possibly the right contact can help as well. A master's degree would make you more competitive. You have between 4 or 6 years of full time study ahead of you. Good luck.

Would like to lengthen the info given here since the replies are quite helpful

hypothetical : I had a PhD in an academic subject piping engineer , worked for BP as engineer for 5 years undgrad in physics etc. :V. good at teaching scientific concepts.

how would I go about getting a good teaching job in Thailand since I have no tefl and no teaching quals but I think teaching and allowances would be a doddle compared to what I do

how would I go about it

Check the international schools websites to see if they are looking for teaching staff for science or math positions. If they are, send your CV for whatever job fits your interest. Also, check with some of the bigger universities in Bangkok for their international programs. Your PhD might qualify you to teach in their international graduate programs dealing with science or engineering. All international schools and universities should be on the same academic calendar starting in August so they might already be looking for new staff. If you are good at research, maybe you can apply for various research grants to keep you busy. Thai people also spend a lot of money sending their kids to get tutored in science and math subjects. Offering private classes or starting your own tutoring agency might be something to think about too. I guess it all depends on what you think would be most fun. Good luck.