Same.same

lampard10

My MAX net was not working yesterday (first time in 8 months ), so my wife phoned them up. They took me through the whole procedure of setting the computor up again. Nothing. They said hold on they would ring back.

They duly returned the call, with a set of different pass-words and we went through the whole set-up procedure once more. Nothing. Dead as a dormouse. One and a half hours later, loads of phoning and listening and fiddleing, still nothing.

We asked them if they could send an engineer out to us. Ok they said. But not until after 4 oclock.

Why not sooner was my muted response (actually it was more than that)

Not worth it they said.

THE MAX NET SYSTEM IS DOWN IN KORAT AND WILL NOT BE BACK UP TILL ABOUT THEN.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why can't they give the proper answer straight away. Is this a Thai thing. It was the same with IP Star. When their system was down, they gave all sorts of excuses as to why my computor was knackered. Is it that they lose face if they say something is their fault. Or is it really that they are too stupid to realise what they are doing and saying.

lampard, just to let you know, I talked to a British guy who worked for an Internet Service Provider in the UK about this once and he said:

We always told the customer it was their computer with a problem but it was always our computer that was at fault.

So, this is everywhere, seems to be par for the course with ISP's around the world, my dad has had something similar with his poor DSL service.

Doesn't help any, I know, but at least you now realize we are all being victimized by this BS!

My MAX net was not working yesterday (first time in 8 months )

8 months satisfactory service and then a twelve hour outage.

The real issue here for me is westerners absolute dependancy on internet connectivity

We're like drug addicts chasing our next fix, and if we cant get it we starting whining loudly.

(4 years working in IT support on the end of telephone line qualifies me to make this observation)

My MAX net was not working yesterday (first time in 8 months )

8 months satisfactory service and then a twelve hour outage.

The real issue here for me is westerners absolute dependancy on internet connectivity

We're like drug addicts chasing our next fix, and if we cant get it we starting whining loudly.

(4 years working in IT support on the end of telephone line qualifies me to make this observation)

I have two back-up systems, so the whine is not about no internet, rather not being told the truth WHY I have no internet.

Anyway for anyone thinking about MAX-net, I fully recommend it.

This is an issue that the Internet providers are going to have to address.

20-30 years ago it was acceptable to tell the customer, "the computer is down, please try again later". This is no longer the case. Whole businesses and economies rely on the computer working, 24x7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) with no down time.

Imagine the effect on the economy of your country if the computer system running the Stock Exchange fails.......... trades and millions of dollars are lost!!

Then the currency of your country drops dramatically.

It is not just the computer at the core that matters. If the "network" is down, that is the same as the computer being down, in the eyes of the user, the customer.

There is one type of machine that addresses the issue. This is the HP NonStop server (formerly Tandem Computers), specifically designed to work 24x7, but they recognise that the service is only as good as the weakest link, and this is usually the network. The concept of NonStop has to be applied there as well, with multiple paths for data to traverse to reach a given point.

The high availability of these NonStop Servers and their ability to handle large transaction volumes (>100 tx / sec) is why they are widely used in financial applications.

95% of the world's ATM transactions, and 85% of the stock exchange transactions go through one of these machines

Edited by astral

The similar thing happened once with true. my net just dies at about 1 am...at 1:20 i called them up...the lady on the phone asked me all sorts of questions about my setup..i told her all the settings and asured her all is correct from my side(took me 10 mins), finally she says true is servicing some equipment in our area....

A cunning practice adopted by the ISPs. Blame the customers computer illeteracy to save face.