Caretaker PM Yingluck ask protesters not to disrupt tomorrow's polls

webfact

Caretaker PM Yingluck ask protesters not to disrupt tomorrow’s polls
By Digital Content

13912265503320.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 1 – Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she will cast her ballot on Sunday and called on anti-government protesters to refrain from disrupting the general elections.

She urged protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban and supporters of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) not to obstruct the election or disrupt voters who want to exercise their rights.

“After the elections, national reform will be launched as demanded by protesters. Delaying the elections is equivalent to delaying the problems, and it cannot be done under the law,” she said.

She called on all parties concerned to help solve mounting problems with patience and said she believed the elections would not be nullified.

“The road ahead may be rough and thorny. It is sometimes lonely to walk on this road, but we don’t have many existing roads paved with democracy. One day, people will join us to walk on the road together.”

Meanwhile, Wiratana Kalayasiri, former Democrat MP from Songkhla, filed a complaint with the Office of the Ombudsman yesterday, asking it to seek the Constitution Court’s ruling to invalidate tomorrow’s general elections.

He said the elections could not be held in a single day – a violation of Section 108 of the Constitution. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-01

Photo looks nice after the makeover.

On paper the announcement sounds nice, apart from going down the road with her government and keep treading on land mines. AGAIN.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was to be heartfelt and genuine plea. Has been said so many times why didn't she take this road 3 years ago ?? and after 3 years and now mega disruption she wants to come clean.

If the people believe her how much can they absorb until it really hits them like a sack of coal.

“After the elections, national reform will be launched as demanded by protesters. Delaying the elections is equivalent to delaying the problems, and it cannot be done under the law,” she said.

She lies again, it "can" be delayed, they just don't want to.

Exactly what law allows for the delay or what specific section in the constitution. Please tell us!!!

Exactly what law allows for the delay or what specific section in the constitution. Please tell us!!!

The constitution allows the government to ask for another ELECTION via the King decree. They can ask for a king's decree at anytime.

also these posters have been found at some polling stations.

"if theres no election district director dead"

post-195835-0-07741800-1391238981_thumb.

Edited by casualbiker

Last week or the week before the constitution court ruled that the election could be delayed by royal decree. Normally you don't need laws for what is allowed laws are supposed to be for things not allowed.

IMO Yingluks excuses are just that, She has no, or I should say her brother has no intention of relinquishing the grip he has over Thailand. Home or bust!

• Like 2

ggold post # 12

Last week or the week before the constitution court ruled that the election could be delayed by royal decree. Normally you don't need laws for what is allowed laws are supposed to be for things not allowed.

IMO Yingluks excuses are just that, She has no, or I should say her brother has no intention of relinquishing the grip he has over Thailand. Home or bust!

There above is the truth of the matter, however the way things are currently developing the Shinwatras may decide to vamoose rapidly from these nasty little incidents that keep cropping up concerning both them and their brown nosing acolytes irrespective of any election result in whatever time frame.

The longer this situation continues the better as far as the Shiwatra's are concerned. No doubt the Shinwatra clan will still be treating Thailand's state coffers as their personal milch cow which will be milked dry much like the rice farmers and the rice pledging scam scheme have been in the Shinwatra family benefits scheme scams..

If push comes to shove and arrests are made Thaksin himself is safe in Dubai or wherever his current bolt hole may be, and to hell with those caught up in the situation.

Much the same situation as those imprisoned Red Shirt pawns that Thaksin and the Red Shirt leadership have so quickly forgotten.

One might hope, but doubt, that the caretaker-PM also admonished her own red-Shirt & UDD-supporters, and also former-DPM Chalerm & CAPO (or whatever it's renamed this week), not to cause fights or intimidation at any polling-stations.

After all, she wouldn't want to hand the E.C. another easy excuse, to disqualify the election, would she. facepalm.gif

Suggest you see a lawyer for legal information that specific. The fact that the courts and the EC said they could is good enough for me.wai.gif

She urged protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban and supporters of the People’s 
Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) not to obstruct the election or disrupt 
voters who want to exercise their rights.

She neglected to mention that they have the rite to be told about all the money that is supposed to go into projects fgor the nation and is instead going into the chosen few pocket's and off shore accounts.

How convenient of her.whistling.gif

One might hope, but doubt, that the caretaker-PM also admonished her own red-Shirt & UDD-supporters, and also former-DPM Chalerm & CAPO (or whatever it's renamed this week), not to cause fights or intimidation at any polling-stations.

After all, she wouldn't want to hand the E.C. another easy excuse, to disqualify the election, would she. facepalm.gif

I think you are expecting to much of her.whistling.gif

Why do you bother to post here when it is clear you dont keep up with current events.The civil court ruled that it was legAL to change the date as long as the YM and the EC agreed. Also, after this ruling YL and thw EC had a meeting to talk about changing the date. But even though YL claimed she wanted to talk about changing date it wAs a lie

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After the elections, national reform will be launched as demanded by protesters. Delaying the elections is equivalent to delaying the problems, and it cannot be done under the law, she said.

Unless you had your head in the sand the last few weeks, both the Constitution Court and Election Commission have stated it is legal to ask for a delay and new Royal Decree.

She chose not to delay.

I find a lot of posters obsession and their hatred of anything Shin a bit disturbing and unhealthy, especially as it is unlikely to impact many of them anyway. Their posts does absolutely nothing to contribute to the topic. It is just schoolyard bully boy mentality.

To prove my point, some of the usual suspects would flame by saying that my post does not contribute to the topic as well wai2.gif

It goes both ways..the flames I mean.

That's what happens in a diverse Democratic culture. Different people are allowed different ideas and to voice those ideas.. right?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I find a lot of posters obsession and their hatred of anything Shin a bit disturbing and unhealthy, especially as it is unlikely to impact many of them anyway. Their posts does absolutely nothing to contribute to the topic. It is just schoolyard bully boy mentality.

To prove my point, some of the usual suspects would flame by saying that my post does not contribute to the topic as well wai2.gif

doesnt contribute, doesnt make any sense apart from the fact you are another red appologist and dont like the truth being spoken out loud.Anyone reading your posts knows the truth about you, sorry mate but you are just full of it.tongue.png

• Like 1

With all due respect Gweiloman, if you have actually followed the protest movements it is all about the Shinwatra clan and their one minded path to establish a new ruling political dynasty (Dictatorship).

Politics have and still only play a small part in the matter. the same scenario as it was in Italy recently .

The Thai people have had enough and it won't just be the Shinwatra clan that will subsequently feel the wrath of the people it will be all of the self serving politicians here irrespective of their political or rather financial allegiance.

• Like 1

Not a hope mate. They are on a roll. I agree that it is all about bullying and hatred. What I find disturbing is the contempt they display for anyone who does not fall in line with their view of things. It is rather mirrored by the contempt for and scorn of the electorate displayed by Suthep and his gang, who of course they idolise.

If this election fails, or is nullified, or if anything happens to Yingluck when she attempts to vote, you will be able to hear the collective groan as they come in their pants from Chiang Rai!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

doesnt contribute, doesnt make any sense apart from the fact you are another red appologist and dont like the truth being spoken out loud.Anyone reading your posts knows the truth about you, sorry mate but you are just full of it.tongue.png

Regardless of whether I am a red apologist or not (and anyway, we are all entitled to our own beliefs, religious and political persuasions, aren't we?), I have no objection to the truth being spoken out loud. My only objection is having to read childish and inane posts that only consists of name calling and insults, without any constructive criticisms.

From reading my posts, what's the truth about me? That I sympathise with the Red shirts cause? I don't see anything wrong with that. To the best of my knowledge, I have not used words like thug, fascist etc. Neither do I constantly attacks opposing views with personal insults (unlike your "I'm full of it").

Incidentally, I find your userid (thais are great) a bit of a misnomer, considering how critical you are about large swathes of the Thai people.

• Like 2

It goes both ways..the flames I mean.

That's what happens in a diverse Democratic culture. Different people are allowed different ideas and to voice those ideas.. right?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We are obviously not benefactors of any Democratic culture here...perhaps back home. Discuss for what? We do not have to live with the consequences....do we? Which party gives longer visa stays?