Eva Air to BKK booking oddities

hermespan

I am in Canada and arranging a flight from California to Bangkok. Eva Air has the cheapest rate for a safe airline (The other Taiwanese airline saves you 2 dollars and you risk your life if their safety record is accurate).

Anyway, I find Eva Air difficult and weird to book. Firstly, their reservation office (both Vancouver number and toll-free - same guy) is closed on weekends. They don't take messages and don't even have a polite normal voice mail greeting or instruction.

When I use Momondo it takes me 'directly to Eva Air' but even though the webpage has the airline logo its address is something strange ... wtfc3.e-travel.com

So, firstly, what the heck is that?

I see they offer four different economy rates - the cheapest being 'Eco Wow' at $518.50. In the middle of the night last night only one seat left . Next rate up is $658 or so, then regular economy $800+ So, naturally I want the bargain.

But the website doesn't work. After I fill in step one I get a box on top that advised that one must bring one 's credit card or go to the office, blah , blah . On my iphone5 the box is only half the full content and has no way to confirm . Cancel, submit page again. Same problem. Round and round the mulberry bush. In Samsung tablet (Android ) I guessed I had to scroll down the box (no instructions) and I get the confirm box and press it. Nothing happens. Can't get to next steps.

So, I don't get it. Great price ticket impossible to process. Third party vendor? Scam? Website down?

Naturally I want to inform

Eva but they do not list their webmaster. All long distance phone numbers. Like I said, even next day closed on weekends. I found a comments email form but after I detailed the problem I get a box in Chinese, something 400. So I have wasted my time.

Do others have this problem booking Eva Air online?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This is the website for EVA (or, one of them):

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/index.html

I use EVA to fly SFO-BKK three times a year, and I've been doing so for many years. I always buy my ticket online on their website, and have never had a problem. When I've had to deal with their agents, it's never been a problem either.

BTW, China Airlines (also Taipei-based) is a fine airline as well. True they had some sketchy safety issues a long time ago, but they haven't had an incident for almost 20 years now. That said, I think EVA is the better airline (albeit more expensive) in terms of overall operation and service, and EVA flies 777s, my favorite plane for long haul (China Airlines flies 747s).

I was happy with the price of Eva, stopovers in my second favourite country in Asia (Taiwan) are almost free, and service was adequate. My only complaint was the plane was PACKED full. Or was that China Southern? Hmmm ...

All round a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

In answer to your question about the web link

wtfc3.e-travel.com is a MAJOR GATEWAY for Travel agents and Airlines with MANY of the worlds leading airlines using this gateway (pardon if not the correct term) but is reliab;e and safe. Thai and Qantas uses them and so does singapore.

It is some how linked to their booking systems real time.

IT IS SAFE to use

This is the website for EVA (or, one of them):

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/index.html

I use EVA to fly SFO-BKK three times a year, and I've been doing so for many years. I always buy my ticket online on their website, and have never had a problem. When I've had to deal with their agents, it's never been a problem either.

BTW, China Airlines (also Taipei-based) is a fine airline as well. True they had some sketchy safety issues a long time ago, but they haven't had an incident for almost 20 years now. That said, I think EVA is the better airline (albeit more expensive) in terms of overall operation and service, and EVA flies 777s, my favorite plane for long haul (China Airlines flies 747s).

Haven't had an incident in 20 years? I don't think so

26 April 1994, crash due to crew error, killing 264 of 271 on board.

16 February 1998, crash after a failed missed-approach killing all 196 aboard along with 7 on the ground

25 May 2002, , broke up in mid-air on the way killing all 225 aboard. The cause was improper repair after a tail strike incident in Hong Kong in 1980.

20 August 2007, equipment caught fire shortly after landing. All evacuated safely The cause of the explosion has been attributed to a fuel leak caused by a bolt from the right wing slat puncturing the fuel tank (maintenance)

This does not include the run of the mill equipment maintenance issues, or the runway incidents.

There is a reason why the airline receives low safety ratings.

EVA's product is superior in every category when compared against CAL's.

I'm real happy with Eva, Online works well, just go slow. What bugs me though, I can fly from seatle, real cheap like everyone has discribed, but when I want to return in the spring, prices from BKK are hundreds of dollars more, same fight, just opposite. That suck, like now looking for a ticket in a couple of months, just sucks coming from this side of the pacific.Anyhow, I would sugest a round trip ticket and save, I just never know when I'll return so I can't take my own advise.