Thailand in international headlines

Lite Beer

At least some of these papers were able to be correct with both parties armed and attacking each other. Makes a change that the world is getting a more correct picture than the distortion on here that it is only one lot who are violent in Bangkok this time.

Thaksin's Red shirt armed with sticks.

Suthep's Yellow armed with hand guns, rifles, Israel made machine gun bought by the Thai army.

Want to see photos of any of these? Glad to provide.

Hh

Good observation. Can anyone surmise how the Yellow's get all this money to buy an arsenal or funding besides from the Army? Does anyone suspect as I do that those foreign investors living here don't want a power shift so they might lose their control? I think the Thai conflict has more to do with foreigners who covertly support the Yellows in an attempt to protect their formerly unchallenged "privileged" lifestyle which has been obtained through sheer exploitation of cheap labor of all sordid varieties, than any political motivation for equality or a valid Democratic society. I don't think Thai politics are really in the hands of Thai people when it really boils down to it I think a lot of the conflict is being funded from outsiders who don't want a power shift from the resort areas in the South and Central areas to the North and for any real improvement in the working or living conditions for poorer Thai people unless they control who gets what and how much and as long as people remain under their collective thumbs. That's what I see from the investors living here in Phuket, I doubt it's different anywhere else in Thailand where the investors don't want to lose their hegemony. I suspect there's a lot of secret funding going on for the Yellows, in addition to terror and violent tactics, which otherwise might be called Terrorism.

Do you know how many monopolies/oligopolies have bought off thai government's for donkeys years so that they have become maybe 60% plus of given domestic markets at the expense of the thai people.

Thaksin had one of those until the democrats sold him out under the IMF rules.

So this protest isn't being funded by the army, it is being funded by close minded businesses who stand to lose a whole bunch of money if access to.markets moves towards Thaksin friends or he opens the markets to foreigners.

Want to be in agribusiness? Restricted

Want to be in retail? Restricted

Want to be in banking? Restricted

Want to brew a beer? Restricted

These are the people who are terrified if Thaksin gets back in. They dont want foreign food exporters, foreign banks, foreign retailers, or foreign brewers on their doorstep.

They want you to give them 51% of the business to get in

That's the way they love it. Money for nothing, name the price and make the thai people pay.

• Like 2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the international media must really think Suthip is a complete lunatic by now. Last Wednesday he is telling them he supports the elections and will not block or deter anyone from voting, now his thugs are in battles with voters to prevent them voting by any means even if that means death.

well............maybe they dont - maybe they have a balanced correct view. Maybe they see the reason behind the protest and not just the red village green propaganda!! - I see YOU havent got to that stage yet and are still one sided and not open to the TRUTH TODAY!!

How any times to I have to say this, I think Thaksin and his band of merry men are just as equally scum and tarred with exactly the same brush. People still have a right to vote and some scumbag shouldn't take that right away from them as they may not vote for Yingluks crew anyway.

I agree with both comments.

Chooka is right when he points to the instability of Suthep's words and deeds.

I'm not a Thaksin fan at all and I am in favor of change for the betterment of the country and had initially hoped that Suthep would be the catalyst for change but you can't deny the disturbing fact that Suthep has clearly shown that he is NOT a man of his word and keeps changing his tune to suit himself. He's evidently just making it all up as he goes along.

The end game will happen when someone stops Suthep, and unless that happens he will just keep marching all the way to absolute supreme power and then they'll be no stopping him as we will have replaced "Thaksinism" with "Suthepism"!

IF THE GOVERNMENT was honest, it would have no fear about reform and then the ballot. If it had the people truly on its side, reform would not sway the result.

It begs the question, why is the government so afraid of allowing a more accountable system to be established prior to an election?? Let's not forget, neither political party uses the opportunity while in office to establish a stronger democratic system, so clearly it must come during a time when a party is not holding the reigns of power.

And the rest, all these pay a premium just to operate here, every one needs by law a Thai partner, the company brings all the expertise and the Thai partner just holds their hand out.

And this is all about keeping the same sets of hands at the front of the line.

It is money that is causing this, not principles, not saving the country and certainly not reforming it to make it better for the future.

• Like 1

And the rest, all these pay a premium just to operate here, every one needs by law a Thai partner, the company brings all the expertise and the Thai partner just holds their hand out.

It is money that is causing this, not principles, not saving the country and certainly not reforming it to make it better for the future.

Had to laugh, yes the Beeb seems to be a bit one sided...

Yellow shirts had blocked a polling station in BKK, BBC reporter points up the road to police cordon saying behind them were the red protesters who want to vote.

What he forgot to mention that the reds had been bused in from out of town and had no right to vote there anyway.

Had to laugh, yes the Beeb seems to be a bit one sided...

Yellow shirts had blocked a polling station in BKK, BBC reporter points up the road to police cordon saying behind them were the red protesters who want to vote.

What he forgot to mention that the reds had been bused in from out of town and had no right to vote there anyway.

Really?? Check your facts - during the last elections Bangkok had 42.26 % PT voters - did you think all of Bangkok voted Democrat???

I think the BBC is laughing now - about you!

Absolutely agree with you 100% ... same people different year swopping places in line.

The west judges the current situation on the assumption that a stable, just, democracy exists. This is not the case. Thus the foreign press incorrect reports the situation, and paints the anti government protestors as the bad guys. The reality is these protestors are middle class, educated and largely non violent people who are fed up with a corrupt and dictorial government.

Suthep is an unstable, two faced fascist who will spew dictats from the stage based on his mood at the time.

He can always get a job with immigration if all else fails, then..

What you describe is probably far more common with SMEs than with larger businesses.

The foreign corporations who come to Thailand are not so stupid that they won't look for a Thai partner who adds value. In fact, having a local partner who knows what they're is doing is often far more preferable to going it alone in an unfamiliar market.

Or you can do what many of the Japanese manufacturers do and basically have share-structure nominees. It still says on paper that the Thai partners own 51% of the shares but the shares are of a different class conferring less control and dividends.

Edited by Trembly