Red wave set to swamp Bangkok

Lite Beer

I don't think there is much likelihood of a coup but will they march to Bangkok to reinstate their beloved puppet prime minister after she has been removed by the courts for bilking them through her brother's rice pledging scheme?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If those do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

They just look old from working hard to keep the rich BKK elite in the lifestyle they demand.

They work? Since when?

I guess one could call waiting for hands out as work

That "Red Wave" would be more distructive than any Tsunami too with Thida and Jatupron running things.

Cool it. There is no "red wave" .It is just another hysterical headline intended to scare people.

First,...you must not be familiar with the North, and their supreme patience thus far. Second, you must not be familiar with how people who have been "bullied" reach a snapping point.

The PDRC goebbelesque propaganda has gone too far,...in a Country without sexist, racist, elitist, it would have never begun.

At least the sexists, racists and elitists believe in 15 principles of democracy.

Propaganda? Suthep said that deputy PM's calling environmentalists garage is not democratic. He said that the passing of an amnesty bill at 307-0 while 80% of the population of Thailand were against it is not democratic. He said that PT ministers threatening Phuket won't get anything unless they vote for the PTP is not democratic. Of course they won't be able to abuse those principles of democracy again unless they get voted in again. Suthep said that equal protection under the law is democratic. He said that peaceful protests were democratic. He was going to continue with his speech, but alas a bomb went off in the crowd. A bomb that Thida would write off as being planted by the man that just highlighted what democracy means.

Pray for a safe day in Thailand.

No good voting some maggots back in, same problem. The only way forward is to get the courts to kill the maggots off-get rid of them ALL.

Then you can sit down once the rabble has departed get your big changes in laws and reform. OOO la La Elections.

You seem to be missing the fundamental point of a democracy, which is that if the majority of the people, want the maggots.. They have the right to choose them.

The fact that they are in your minority opinion (and mine) maggots, doesnt give you the right to deny that.

That "Red Wave" would be more distructive than any Tsunami too with Thida and Jatupron running things.

Cool it. There is no "red wave" .It is just another hysterical headline intended to scare people.

First,...you must not be familiar with the North, and their supreme patience thus far. Second, you must not be familiar with how people who have been "bullied" reach a snapping point.

The PDRC goebbelesque propaganda has gone too far,...in a Country without sexist, racist, elitist, it would have never begun.

...........oh my goodness!!! im speechless!!ohmy.pnghuh.png - i do feel that we are beatdeadhorse.gif on TV some times!!

They deserve our pity. I would love to be able to help them all, but alas I am but 1 man. This highlights that the PTP ministry of propaganda is a very successful arm of the PTP and it shows why they need the red schools up north. It also shows that if educated westerners can believe it then the poor uneducated farmers have no hope. It is a slow gradual process making the farmers realize they are the fuel that is keeping this dictatorship alive.

Don't be angry or frustrated by them. Pity them.

As with much else, James. You must have one of those fake constitutions they sell in Bangkok next to the dodgy Rolex. You see the real one has no provision whatsoever for just scrapping elections at the whim of one man, and replacing an elected Government by a bunch of self-appointed dignitaries.

...........but seems to be quite comfortable with re appointing an impeached criminal residing in Dubai who was found guilty as charged with "dictatorship, demagogy, corruption, conflict of interests, human rights offences, acting undiplomatically, the use of legal loopholes and hostility towards a free press". There are still outstanding charges against him for lese majeste, treason, usurping religious funds and acting against higher authority, selling assets to international investors and keeping the profits and finally religious desecration - The ones in quotes are those upheld by the Supreme court of Thailand against Thaksin Shinawatra - ITS ALL ABOUT HIM - If a US President was found guilty of these crimes he would NOT be allowed to regain power a'la Nixon!!- THATS THE TRUTH TODAY!!! .......coffee1.gif

Edited by love1012

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

Timwin....EricBerg was absolutely correct. It is so transparent. Thaksin is so deluded and the reds that support him are just beyond words.

I am not a fan of Yingluck and her brother but who else is going to help the north? Thaskin is using them for self gain but he helps himself and he helps the north as well.

What other choice do they have?

.............democracy.................a world without Thaksin..............a world where Thais can ALL support each other.........a world where North an South work together for themselves - not for Shinawatra bank acouunts and crime

• Like 2

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

sorry my friend you are the blind fool

How can you vote for democracy when their is only 1 party to vote for

todays vote is for democracy or dictatorship

when there is only one party in power it is a dictatorship not democracy

Please state what your right is to tell someone to leave Thailand, that right is held only by a Thai citizen

Well, who you want to blame now that there is only ONE party to vote for? Thaksin? It's the so called "Democrat" Party that refused to go to the poll. If they at least would have said to cast a "No Vote" it at least would show the real situation and would show how many would be against the Government (or YL or Thaksin). But now peoples names are hijacked and YL gets it all.

You want change - Vote for it, fight it in Parliamant and Senate selflessly without ambitions for your own self. That would make you credible.

• Like 2

Forget Thailand for a minute.. Don't you all think that most governments, politicians, presidents and senators are corrupt and full of <deleted> in one form or another!

Nope. There's a difference between the occasional transgression, and it being the normal/expected course of action. Everyone in Thailand is looking for a kickback, their government isn't any different. So, no, I don't believe all countries are the same. Some countries provide a reasonable infrastructure for it's citizens and businesses to grow. Other countries are a complete mess with no hope for the future.

I don't think there is much likelihood of a coup but will they march to Bangkok to reinstate their beloved puppet prime minister after she has been removed by the courts for bilking them through her brother's rice pledging scheme?

yes totally agreed!!

@Timwin

This arrogant attitude of Thai Chinese minority is very dangerous. The idea it is their birthright is to rule over Thailand. It could turn against themselves if the angry Reds really started flooding to Bangkok

Do you realy mean Taxins family!? thumbsup.gif

Edited by Somrak

sorry my friend you are the blind fool

How can you vote for democracy when their is only 1 party to vote for

todays vote is for democracy or dictatorship

when there is only one party in power it is a dictatorship not democracy

Please state what your right is to tell someone to leave Thailand, that right is held only by a Thai citizen

Well, who you want to blame now that there is only ONE party to vote for? Thaksin? It's the so called "Democrat" Party that refused to go to the poll. If they at least would have said to cast a "No Vote" it at least would show the real situation and would show how many would be against the Government (or YL or Thaksin). But now peoples names are hijacked and YL gets it all.

You want change - Vote for it, fight it in Parliamant and Senate selflessly without ambitions for your own self. That would make you credible.

Hahahaha ..........your last post said you were neutral....................how short time we have to wait to find out red shirt apologists!!

I'm not sure that this is the point. They had been neglected for so long since 1932. Bangkokians have enjoyed far better services and living standards its not funny. I don't see this in red or yellow. We need to understand what only Thaksin did for the people of the north and northeast to realise this. 17 times the amount of government services in and around Bangkok compared to the North.. And now people trying to stop them and others from voting. This is not Democratic. I think we can lay the blame at successive governments who have spurned the people who are at fault. This is not so much about Thaksin but rather a semblance of democracy that I think the people desire. Not the elite of Bangkok infringing upon their rights. Be he good bad or ugly for all of Thaksins faults he did connect with the people. The Democrat's have not and cannot until they participate in the democratic process. In short Thailand needs to usher in a constitution that benefits all the people even the minority. Maybe they could take a leaf out of Australian or New Zealand democracy and copy this. But until both sides stop wanting power and money, it will be the people who revolt as we are seeing today and especially in the last 10 years. Marginalisation is Thailand's biggest problem as is the Ammarts, police, military and the judicial system. Their will be no real peace for any Thai until these items can be addressed. The revolution will continue until an equal balance of power and reform has been achieved. A rough road lies ahead.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I definitely can agree with your point. I have traveled extensively, lived and worked in many various countries with various cultures and religions. Elitism is looking down on others in all cultures; Western countries, in the Arab world and Asian/SEasian region.

I like your point made that Taksin (no matter how bad he can/could be) seems a people person. He connected to the rural areas and that is today clearly seeing in the support for him and his family. I would wish that other politicians (not only in Thailand) would have the same ability.

Regarding corruption, this is a difficult and endless subject. The world has for the past several hundred of years tried to abolish it - to no avail. When I speak to Thais who support Suthep, I hear sayings like: "we are all corrupt, Suthep would take 30% and give 70 to the people but Thaksin takes 70 and gives 30 to the people". Or, "I am a business man and I am also corrupt. Would I not being, I could not pay salaries or feed my family".

So I am confused on the purpose of the demonstrations. I think the demonstrators are mixing with the wrong elements that creates a non reliable view. Because;

-- you ride the wave with the devil

-- you are corrupt yourself

-- you demand to abolish corruption

Something is wrong in this. You can't ask for something that you yourself are not clean with. Also you can't have or follow a leader who is what you claim you want to fight. This makes the whole thing a farce and gives an unreliable picture. And just because I am not Thai and seem (according to Thais) "not to understand" Thai politics does not make my point go away. Because of this I am not trusting anything will change should the Government step down. Especially I don't trust Suthep who I consider to be a typical arrogant politician (just look at his body language alone - it tells books).

In all my professional life, I have never paid money. That is why my friends complain that I am "not successful" and rich.

I am of an older Generation. I have seen the '68, the '70s up to this modern time. All demonstrations I can remember who where violent turned bad for the Demonstrators - they lost it at the end. Unfortunately, modern times is giving us en even more troubled picture of what could happen. Syria is in ruins and Egypt is back to square one because the elected president had a religious (power grab) agenda and was unable to admit a secular politic for all.

Further I am a strong believer in Non-Violence. I wont get tired of telling this to everyone. This is why I believe that the only option to finding a solution is:

-- [1] sit down at the round table and TALK

-- [2] open the ballot box and VOTE.

It is maybe not the easiest way as all have to interact, all have to make concessions, all have to drop the mentality of "I take it all", all have to think as a team. We have lost the ability to sit and talk (Discuss, Debate, Dispute). This is why all seems stuck and no one is willing to move away from old positions.

Breathe of fresh air(s) of thinking blowing out the foul air of the impudent, Lord of the Flies, I failed critical thinking in school, foreigner crowd. Thank you.

Further, only to add one of my favorite triads wished for improving Thailand's political future "Adopt, Adapt, Improve".

• Like 1

you mentioned abot getting rid of the Chinese Thai elite, good lets start with the rebel rouser first -the one that is still today causing thee problem--The big Chinese Thai himself Thaksin.

Thaksin in his Machiavellian style power play started for real the political awareness among poor northern Thais. He probably never intended it to become such a large political force, he just wanted the top spot in Thai government by using them.

Anyway, he and his sister will some day be voted out of power but the awareness and political influence by voting are here to stay. If the Bangkok yellow elite tries to deny the northerners from voting, it could turn very ugly.

If it was your business that was going under-----you would sack the management first----then (vote) recruit to start on the right path.

You would never let them stay in management.

If it would be the business the management change would be done by the shareholder, in this case by the Thai people with majority vote.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

As with much else, James. You must have one of those fake constitutions they sell in Bangkok next to the dodgy Rolex. You see the real one has no provision whatsoever for just scrapping elections at the whim of one man, and replacing an elected Government by a bunch of self-appointed dignitaries.

...........but seems to be quite comfortable with re appointing an impeached criminal residing in Dubai who was found guilty as charged with "dictatorship, demagogy, corruption, conflict of interests, human rights offences, acting undiplomatically, the use of legal loopholes and hostility towards a free press".He has also been the target of numerous allegations of lese majeste treason, usurping religious and royal authority, selling assets to international investors and religious desecration - The ones in quotes are those upheld by the Supreme court of Thailand against Thaksin Shinawatra - ITS ALL ABOUT HIM - If a US President was found guilty of these crimes he would NOT be allowed to regain power a'la Nixon!!- THATS THE TRUTH TODAY!!! .......coffee1.gif

Dont you have a protest to go to.

You have made it clear what you think about the people in the North and North East.

You have said more than enough about your feelings on Thaksin.

So pack your sandwiches and go join your leader on the city picnic.

Come up with some constructive solutions for Thailand

if you are really Thai.

Oh did i upset your little red world? I mentioned many solutions but the main one was to discount Shinawatra from Thai politics. Now your turn - can you hold a sensible debate instead of being angry at other peoples posts?

• Like 1

May I remind you part of democracy is freedom of speech which applies to everyone even expats and even if you do not agree with what a person says. Remarks like yours just shows you do not want true democracy or do not really understand what true democracy is which unfortunately seems to be very common with both the red and yellow shirts but of course what do us foreigners know.

Hahahaha ..........your last post said you were neutral....................how short time we have to wait to find out red shirt apologists!!

Which last post are you referring to where I wrote "I am Neutral?" Please send me a link.

No good voting some maggots back in, same problem. The only way forward is to get the courts to kill the maggots off-get rid of them ALL.

Then you can sit down once the rabble has departed get your big changes in laws and reform. OOO la La Elections.

You seem to be missing the fundamental point of a democracy, which is that if the majority of the people, want the maggots.. They have the right to choose them.

The fact that they are in your minority opinion (and mine) maggots, doesnt give you the right to deny that.

You seem to be also missing the point, Governments sticky fingers means instant dismissal, in any business you get rid on the spot.

In these special cases no one should have the right to therefore state when elections should take place---there should not be a caretaker PTP government.

The people have that voting right after the cancer is terminated.

Your business manager that you fired --you would give him more room to get his fingers in the till.

Massive tribunal/courts to be set up, everyone out that is guilty.

Then give the people that right to vote freely without hindrance.--never deny the democratic freedom.

The PM is under instruction to do it this way to cling to power for their self interest----BUT doing it cleverly under the disguise of the voting mechanism.

Hang all the wrong doers high ---FIRST WHOEVER they may be.

Funny that there are wearing anti-government protestor arm bands. Perhaps waiting for haridan Thida to run off a batch of special edition Truth Today arm bands. Actually since their government got into power they have shown less interest I disseminating the truth today.

What is anyone with a Moderator title doing making posts and especially posts like this one?

TVF should strip your Moderator title.

Sorry. a moderator is entitled to ther view like anyone else - Red democracy not suited to that?

So we can now add what you know about the word Moderator to the other aspects of your well demonstrated ignorance. Thanks for taking time off from disrupting the polls today, blocking the streets, beating people up though. Surely you're missed out there where no thought is required and blowing a loud whistle keeps you from having to think.

• Like 2

I'm not sure that this is the point. They had been neglected for so long since 1932. Bangkokians have enjoyed far better services and living standards its not funny. I don't see this in red or yellow. We need to understand what only Thaksin did for the people of the north and northeast to realise this. 17 times the amount of government services in and around Bangkok compared to the North.. And now people trying to stop them and others from voting. This is not Democratic. I think we can lay the blame at successive governments who have spurned the people who are at fault. This is not so much about Thaksin but rather a semblance of democracy that I think the people desire. Not the elite of Bangkok infringing upon their rights. Be he good bad or ugly for all of Thaksins faults he did connect with the people. The Democrat's have not and cannot until they participate in the democratic process. In short Thailand needs to usher in a constitution that benefits all the people even the minority. Maybe they could take a leaf out of Australian or New Zealand democracy and copy this. But until both sides stop wanting power and money, it will be the people who revolt as we are seeing today and especially in the last 10 years. Marginalisation is Thailand's biggest problem as is the Ammarts, police, military and the judicial system. Their will be no real peace for any Thai until these items can be addressed. The revolution will continue until an equal balance of power and reform has been achieved. A rough road lies ahead.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I definitely can agree with your point. I have traveled extensively, lived and worked in many various countries with various cultures and religions. Elitism is looking down on others in all cultures; Western countries, in the Arab world and Asian/SEasian region.

I like your point made that Taksin (no matter how bad he can/could be) seems a people person. He connected to the rural areas and that is today clearly seeing in the support for him and his family. I would wish that other politicians (not only in Thailand) would have the same ability.

Regarding corruption, this is a difficult and endless subject. The world has for the past several hundred of years tried to abolish it - to no avail. When I speak to Thais who support Suthep, I hear sayings like: "we are all corrupt, Suthep would take 30% and give 70 to the people but Thaksin takes 70 and gives 30 to the people". Or, "I am a business man and I am also corrupt. Would I not being, I could not pay salaries or feed my family".

So I am confused on the purpose of the demonstrations. I think the demonstrators are mixing with the wrong elements that creates a non reliable view. Because;

-- you ride the wave with the devil

-- you are corrupt yourself

-- you demand to abolish corruption

Something is wrong in this. You can't ask for something that you yourself are not clean with. Also you can't have or follow a leader who is what you claim you want to fight. This makes the whole thing a farce and gives an unreliable picture. And just because I am not Thai and seem (according to Thais) "not to understand" Thai politics does not make my point go away. Because of this I am not trusting anything will change should the Government step down. Especially I don't trust Suthep who I consider to be a typical arrogant politician (just look at his body language alone - it tells books).

In all my professional life, I have never paid money. That is why my friends complain that I am "not successful" and rich.

I am of an older Generation. I have seen the '68, the '70s up to this modern time. All demonstrations I can remember who where violent turned bad for the Demonstrators - they lost it at the end. Unfortunately, modern times is giving us en even more troubled picture of what could happen. Syria is in ruins and Egypt is back to square one because the elected president had a religious (power grab) agenda and was unable to admit a secular politic for all.

Further I am a strong believer in Non-Violence. I wont get tired of telling this to everyone. This is why I believe that the only option to finding a solution is:

-- [1] sit down at the round table and TALK

-- [2] open the ballot box and VOTE.

It is maybe not the easiest way as all have to interact, all have to make concessions, all have to drop the mentality of "I take it all", all have to think as a team. We have lost the ability to sit and talk (Discuss, Debate, Dispute). This is why all seems stuck and no one is willing to move away from old positions.

Breathe of fresh air(s) of thinking blowing out the foul air of the impudent, Lord of the Flies, I failed critical thinking in school, foreigner crowd. Thank you.

Further, only to add one of my favorite triads wished for improving Thailand's political future "Adopt, Adapt, Improve".

Oh I like this "Adopt, Adapt, Improve" view. That reminds me of the early push of Japans economy through innovation. The Japanese went to every single exhibition equipped with Notepad and cameras. They looked at every little item of a new product. Back home, they made that product (adopted), they adjusted it for the new market (adapted) and today we see all those high tech gadgets leading the market (improved).

It would be really good if Thailand and Thais would adopt other options - not only in business but also in politics, education, attitude. First of all to start with is in the usage of other Languages. -- Ok that is way of from the topic.

If those do come to Bangkok ... I'll recommend to the gf that there is an untapped market maybe selling ageless face-cream to our friends from the north ... rolleyes.gif

They just look old from working hard to keep the rich BKK elite in the lifestyle they demand.

nooooooooooooooooo, to send the money to dubai

Mean looking bunch.......No don't laugh...these are the real reds.

Worried BECAUSE they are uneducated.

Scammed into a rice scheme and not paid for 4 months.

Very easy to be influenced with fairy tale good looking stories, for decades blown in their faces when election time was due.

working their butt out, with or without louwkouw BUT

assuring we ALL have a decent meal on our plates.

Red-yellow or blue.

the rest are morons.red yellow and blue.

Edited by hgma

May I remind you part of democracy is freedom of speech which applies to everyone even expats and even if you do not agree with what a person says. Remarks like yours just shows you do not want true democracy or do not really understand what true democracy is which unfortunately seems to be very common with both the red and yellow shirts but of course what do us foreigners know.

Me ANGRY HAHA

You need to check your own posts.

Anyone who disagrees with you gets a bashing.

As for the Red comment.

Never been a fan of his never will be.

But you need to channel your undoubted hatred of him into

something more positive.

Post some solutions REFORMS

Seems no one wants to say what reforms should take place.

By the way if you are Thai i am truly amazed at the way you write.(compliment)

Must have been educated overseas

Edited by potters