Govt calls on Election Commission to hold new polls within one week

Lite Beer

How do you know what they voted for??? It might be 99% voted No... Now that would be loud and clear biggrin.png

Its good to have dreams but they didnt. yknow this bit about voting no is just funny, people usually dont waste their time to go vote just to vote no ... they are far more likely to vote of an alternative as a protest rather than wasting their vote entirely.

The dems are stupid for boycotting and losing out on the protest vote, but they are so smart and know so much better than eveyone else whistling.gif Then again no one said that education gave people common sense wink.png

RT@tulsathit: A glimpse of Bkk results: A count in Chatuchak shows 67 votes for PT and 48 abstentions. via @chavarong

It would seem that 48 out of 114 of those people went to vote no.

A no vote is saying I don't want you Yingluck.

Forget about the small parties they would all be on their knees begging for scraps from whoever wins.

The ones likely to win a seat are the ones who went into coalition with PT last time and who voted for the amnesty bill.

How did Chatuchak vote in the last elections? Was it a red seat? If not, unsurprisingly that they would vote for PT this time round.

What is more telling is that these 48 people also does not believe in Suthep's People's Council either. A NO vote is saying, I don't want you YL. At the same time, it is also telling the same to Suthep.

Every vote is saying they want a vote, period. Lets not forget that BKK is also pretty low on the importance where majority id concerned and chatuckak is always a contested area counting 114 means absolutely nothing in the bigger countrywide picture.... it could be that a very high % vote no of course... but then again i dont buy lottery tickets, its rare they come up

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like Suthep and his lackeys failed to stop democracy!

Democracy???? You can only vote for the government or Chuvit at this election....Welcome in the democracy East Germany style.

As you well know there are multiple parties registered for this election. There is even an option for a "No" vote so stop spreading misinformation
Really? In all constituencies?

Methinks you are wrong

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Really. In all constituencies. He's not wrong.

Edit: in all constituencies there is a no vote option. In all constituencies there are many parties to vote for in the party list. In some constituencies there is one or no candidates.

Sent from my phone ...

Edited by whybother

Suthep ends up miserably.

But anger will drive revenge.

Suthep, his extremist followers, and too many irrational farangs posting on here must be really upset that the election could mostly go without problem.

In a week everyone will have voted.

Whatever the result is, the fact that elections could take place is a great victory for the defenders of democracy.

I really wish that Suthep, the Dems and all their crazy followers will be punished for all the useless turmoil they created.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

a great victory for who??

For all those who were against an unelected "people's council", for example :)

And all those who believe in the democratic system, ... and all those who wanted elections, ... and those who refused to be dictated what to do by Suthep and his yellow criminal followers, ... and all those who voted for the Dems but did not agree with their ridiculous strategy, ... and all those millions of people who wanted to support Yingluck, ... and all those politicians from small parties who disagree with the anti-democracy movement of the yellows... Well, all in all we speak about the very vast majority of the people :)

Sent from my iPhone...

• Like 1

Its good to have dreams but they didnt. yknow this bit about voting no is just funny, people usually dont waste their time to go vote just to vote no ... they are far more likely to vote of an alternative as a protest rather than wasting their vote entirely.

The dems are stupid for boycotting and losing out on the protest vote, but they are so smart and know so much better than eveyone else whistling.gif Then again no one said that education gave people common sense wink.png

RT@tulsathit: A glimpse of Bkk results: A count in Chatuchak shows 67 votes for PT and 48 abstentions. via @chavarong

Forget about the small parties they would all be on their knees begging for scraps from whoever wins.

The ones likely to win a seat are the ones who went into coalition with PT last time and who voted for the amnesty bill.

How did Chatuchak vote in the last elections? Was it a red seat? If not, unsurprisingly that they would vote for PT this time round.

What is more telling is that these 48 people also does not believe in Suthep's People's Council either. A NO vote is saying, I don't want you YL. At the same time, it is also telling the same to Suthep.

OK, what would the 48 have to have done to show approval for Suthep? Answer that and I might believe your nonsense.

Do as Suthep requested - boycott the vote and have a picnic instead.

By the way, I don't need you to believe my nonsense.

• Like 1

And what democracy was that

Its too difficult to explain. Get your mom to tell you when your 15.

Maybe the 6 million man picnic that brought bangkok to it's knees should be extended. lol

Suthep is doomed now. Police have all the evidence and warrents and they'll strike as the mob falls in size. They have the facebook group pics now of the guards with the guns. The PDRC are that blatant.

Power to the people and well done to everybody who voted. I was in klong toey with my wife today and not a whistle to be seen. all that area was free to vote, and many did. The fascist had a few phyric victories. I mean, they had promised to block the whole thing and even with the EC conniving and an armed gang, they could only affect 10% of the Country!

Great day out Suthep. After unleashing the armed gang yesterday, I feel we'll be seeing much less of you in years to come. The backers. They are outed as well, and once the mob is gone, they will have to switch sides or perish.

Well done to the Government, The election was peaceful apart from Dem/PDRC side who want dictatorship anyway.

Why don't EC, give all the votes in the South to Suthep to cast as he wishes for all time. One man, one vote and he can just tell them where they go. Then the muppets in the south get an instant awakening to the fact that Suthep rules them. Educate... You think so? Give hard fought voting rights to Suthep... smile.png up to you

Maybe you are right but just maybe you are dead wrong. Since you seem to think democracy is only about freedom to vote makes you and every other thai thinking this way either completely ignorant or completely brainwashed.

Voting for someone you choose to like is all good but that is not democracy. Voting for someone who will work FOR ALL THE people to make this country a better place for everyone is democracy. This country seems to forget this last part about democracy. It is also something the current leader has been severely lacking in doing.

Im sure if the democratic party poured millions of baht into the north they would have thw majority vote the same way Thaksin and YL did. But that only means they are buying votes and followers. Not working to make all of thailand a better stronger country.

Before you start quoting democracy you should google the word. Then compare it to all your previous government leaders have done. I am sure robbing, extorting, bribing, coercing, cheating, etc... are not ways to improve this country yet it is in the news every week here about almost all people in the higher gov positions. AND YOU BACK THEM.... One of these days you will look back at who you support and say "What was i thinking"

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your right, it is post ballot box actions that molds a govt’s sincerity to democracy. All that elections do is give them a chance to show it. Elections are a gateway to prove to the people during your term that you respect all the principles of democracy. PTP have made it abundantly clear that they do not respect the democratic process.

Again this is where education comes in. The farmers are not exposed to all the principles of democracy the PTP abuse. They don't really care either as long as they get 40% above market value for rice.

What makes me wonder though is that the expats can see the PTP and the damage they cause yet still support them. The principles they abuse yet still defend them, but then as all deniers do, they turn it around and blame the opposition. Look no further than the holocaust deniers. Their love for the Nazi party was so huge. The emotion and energy they invested in supporting them was so big they are not going to look at the truth. They will look past facts and truth and make up a denial that demonizes the opposition. In this case it was a jewish conspiracy.This is no different. "It was not the Nazi's fault, blame the jews" In Thailand it is "It is not the PTP's fault, blame the DEMS or PDRC or The world bank, or the IMF or the EC or UNHCR or Human Rights Watch" Get the picture?

The supporters need our help and our pity. Once they are free from the shackles of the regime's strong propaganda messages they will start to see. When they understand that democracy starts post ballot box and it is not where it ceases then they will wake up. They will then understand they are the fuel of this regime.

I will finish on this point. Is it right (democratic) for an MP that was voted in by his electorate to be the voice of those people in that electorate to vote for an amnesty that the majority of the people in that electorate didn't want, but the MP voted for it on the orders of a convicted criminal who's sister is the PM? Will any replies be, BUT BUT the DEMS did this or the DEMS did that or that never happened. Is it right for the Nazi's to kill 9 million jews? Will the replies be BUT BUT the jews did this or the Jews did that or that never happened. Makes people look foolish when they defend the PTP.

I pity them. I would hate to run into one in a dark alley out of fear for my life, but I pity them.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

How do you know what they voted for??? It might be 99% voted No... Now that would be loud and clear biggrin.png

A NO vote is saying, I don't want you YL. At the same time, it is also telling the same to Suthep.

It was 48 abstentions, not 48 no votes there is a difference, an abstention from voting was Sutheps aim was it not?

Edited by ggold
  • Like 1

OK, what would the 48 have to have done to show approval for Suthep? Answer that and I might believe your nonsense.

Do as Suthep requested - boycott the vote and have a picnic instead.

By the way, I don't need you to believe my nonsense.

clap2.gif well I'm glad you admit it is nonsense cheesy.gif

Seriously though isn't the 48 abstentions exactly what Suthep wanted? Maybe the 48 had a picnic!whistling.gif

Edited by ggold

Not since Jerry Lewis has an administration seemed so impervious to reality. With the crazy math calculated to proclaim this a 90 % success, the administration thinks it can simply deem the EC to organize a poll in seven days with no game plan to encounter anything other than what they encountered today. In addition, we are having the bizarre occurrence of an " advance " poll in three weeks. But all the problems remain. They haven't suddenly disappeared. We have eight Southern provinces without candidates, and 42 constituencies which had to close. How do you register Pheu Thai candidates in Southern constituencies. Parachute ?

I wouldnt put too much thought into the numbers quoted. They seem always to get theur stats from a wishing well. In time the real numbers will be known

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've heard a ridiculous rumour that the caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck failed to vote correctly at the polling station and therefore technically she has not voted. However, I'm sure this cannot be true (I mean even the twelve million politically unaware Bangkok elite know how to vote for heaven's sake) and she is not only her brother's party's number one pick but the last hope for democracy and honest government in Thailand. And to anyone who thinks she really is this stupid just remember she also the holder of master's degree in a language she barely speaks so that proves how smart she must be, doesn't it?

She did indeed put the paper in the wrong box, however there were hundreds of journalists present and you can see in any of the videos out there that she asked the official where to put the paper and the official showed her the wrong box, probably out of excitement.

It does not mean she did not vote, it means her vote is not valid. There's a difference. So if you planned a party because of this, you can cancel it now.

• Like 1

And what democracy was that

Its too difficult to explain. Get your mom to tell you when your 15.

Maybe the 6 million man picnic that brought bangkok to it's knees should be extended. lol

Suthep is doomed now. Police have all the evidence and warrents and they'll strike as the mob falls in size. They have the facebook group pics now of the guards with the guns. The PDRC are that blatant.

Power to the people and well done to everybody who voted. I was in klong toey with my wife today and not a whistle to be seen. all that area was free to vote, and many did. The fascist had a few phyric victories. I mean, they had promised to block the whole thing and even with the EC conniving and an armed gang, they could only affect 10% of the Country!

Great day out Suthep. After unleashing the armed gang yesterday, I feel we'll be seeing much less of you in years to come. The backers. They are outed as well, and once the mob is gone, they will have to switch sides or perish.

Well done to the Government, The election was peaceful apart from Dem/PDRC side who want dictatorship anyway.

Why don't EC, give all the votes in the South to Suthep to cast as he wishes for all time. One man, one vote and he can just tell them where they go. Then the muppets in the south get an instant awakening to the fact that Suthep rules them. Educate... You think so? Give hard fought voting rights to Suthep... smile.png up to you

WOW truely amazing that you are happy to have Thailand run by a convicted felon living abroad who should be charged with crimes against humanity

• Like 1

A NO vote is saying, I don't want you YL. At the same time, it is also telling the same to Suthep.

It was 48 abstentions, not 48 no votes there is a difference, an abstention from voting was Sutheps aim was it not?

Whether no vote or abstentions, it still shows that Puea Thai is able to win in Democrat strongholds such as Bangkok. If Suthep and the Democrats can't win even in their own backyard, what right do they have to dictate Thailand what to do? From the preliminary results, it shows that even MORE people voted for Puea Thai than in the last election, meaning that they did not only not lose support, but actually gained support.

well you will only know who won when the full results are in until then no one knows how many voted PTP how many voted no vote and how many abstained.

• Like 1

Suthep ends up miserably.

But anger will drive revenge.

Suthep, his extremist followers, and too many irrational farangs posting on here must be really upset that the election could mostly go without problem.

In a week everyone will have voted.

Whatever the result is, the fact that elections could take place is a great victory for the defenders of democracy.

I really wish that Suthep, the Dems and all their crazy followers will be punished for all the useless turmoil they created.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Even in a year, not all would have voted, because Southern Thailand will never be allow to caste their vote.

I've heard a ridiculous rumour that the caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck failed to vote correctly at the polling station and therefore technically she has not voted. However, I'm sure this cannot be true (I mean even the twelve million politically unaware Bangkok elite know how to vote for heaven's sake) and she is not only her brother's party's number one pick but the last hope for democracy and honest government in Thailand. And to anyone who thinks she really is this stupid just remember she also the holder of master's degree in a language she barely speaks so that proves how smart she must be, doesn't it?

She did indeed put the paper in the wrong box, however there were hundreds of journalists present and you can see in any of the videos out there that she asked the official where to put the paper and the official showed her the wrong box, probably out of excitement.

It does not mean she did not vote, it means her vote is not valid. There's a difference. So if you planned a party because of this, you can cancel it now.

Not at all.... we all make mistakes. The Dems didn't show up so she will win fair and square anyway.

Anyway the poor woman will have more than enough other things to worry about now.

"Mr Akanat claimed gunmen with green armbands who were spotted opening fire in yesterday’s clash at Lak Si intersection were not PDRC security guards"

Nice try Akanat.....Must be in their genes...same diversionary stuff that AV always trumpeted....Whenever someone brought up the killings at R'song, his response was a predictably similar diversion...His mantra was 'Men-in-black".

If it wasn't for those ubiquitous camera's all over the place, people would believe Akanat...But the evidence is there for all to see.

The violence perped by these coup-mongers and assisted by their military friends would astound people if it became known....Their supportive media has tried valiantly to sweep it under the carpet.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif I just found out, that a lot of reds, in my area, have voted "None of the above" or didn't go to vote at all, because PT would not pay out money this time. Thai democracy in action, lol.

Where's your area so we can test the efficacy of your post later?

Chiang Dao is where we live and my sister-in-law worked for the EC (sitting at the polling station) in Chiang Mai, between the Gym Kanna Golf course and the Train Station, whatever district that is. Both here and there, same reports

Dems do not understand protest. They protested against Amnesty, they won! If The rice deal is illegal, protest the rice deal. Protest to have your citizen voices heard. You want reforms? Tell us the reforms and then protest. But Dems dont want "reform", they want no Yingluk. She is an elected official. She only goes if she breaks the law. To date, nobody has proven this!!

A sad comment on someone who has been PM and wants to be again that they have to ask where to put a ballot paper.

And you (and no doubt she) try to blame the official.

Did you see the look on the face of the girl standing at the other ballot box, complete amazement that anyone who has been PM doesn't know how to vote.

• Like 2

Democracy???? You can only vote for the government or Chuvit at this election....Welcome in the democracy East Germany style.

What planet are you on ??

There are over 50 parties standing in these elections.

The only one not standing is the democrat, no policies, no way to win, Mark's handsome, let's screw democracy party.............

Really. In all constituencies. He's not wrong.

Edit: in all constituencies there is a no vote option. In all constituencies there are many parties to vote for in the party list. In some constituencies there is one or no candidates.

Sent from my phone ...

No.

In many constituencies (28) there are no candidates registered.

In many there is just 1 registered

You are incorrect

Having said that some have zero or one candidates, I meant that most have MOST have many candidates.

Sent from my phone ...

The only abstentions that can be counted are those ticking the 'no' box

The only abstentions that can be counted are those ticking the 'no' box

You seem to forget that there must be a list of eligible voters for each constituency how else would the officials know who was voting. It would be very easy to count the no shows at each polling station.

Bangkok...92.59 % turn-out......The Southern provinces...Narathiwat - 100%, Yala - 99.31 %, Patani - 99.87 %...

Will keep the PAD-Dem's busy, trying to come up with negative spin on this.

The results will be the next interesting thing, but the above turn-out figures are impressive.

I fully expect the Thai Electoral Majority to impress me all over again...The barrage of anti-PTP, and pro-DP media seems to have little impact.

I call BS on those turnout numbers.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 2

A sad comment on someone who has been PM and wants to be again that they have to ask where to put a ballot paper.

And you (and no doubt she) try to blame the official.

Did you see the look on the face of the girl standing at the other ballot box, complete amazement that anyone who has been PM doesn't know how to vote.

Actually the officials told everyone to put them into the wrong boxes - its their mistake.

Take a look at the box, its full of Orange slips.......... everyone had been told the wrong one it seems.

Photo is out on Twitter showing through the front glass the box with all Orange slips inside as YL puts the Orange inside.............. election official mistake.

In my opinion.

I am sure Richard Barrow tweeted the photo stating all slips in the box were the wrong colour.............

Edited by LevelHead

And from Tarit :

RT@veen_NT: Tarit: It's important to continue SoE in the said areas. #CMPO

RT@tulsathit: CMPO asks police to investigate poll officials who "abandoned" their duties. via @js100radio

RT@veen_NT: Tarit: Some officials intend to 'neglect' their duties at polling booths. We will as police to investigate & charge them.

That will make it absolutely certain that no one will take on the job in future.

And from Tarit :

RT@veen_NT: Tarit: It's important to continue SoE in the said areas. #CMPO

RT@tulsathit: CMPO asks police to investigate poll officials who "abandoned" their duties. via @js100radio

RT@veen_NT: Tarit: Some officials intend to 'neglect' their duties at polling booths. We will as police to investigate & charge them.

That will make it absolutely certain that no one will take on the job in future.

No, it will mean the majority of officials who did do their job today, will be used to carry out the work of those who failed today.

And those who failed today due to whatever reason, will be investigated to see if there was any bias and deliberate sabotage of an election.............and if so then therefore should they be convicted for what they done. The innocent will be fine, anyone found guilty of deliberately sabotaging a polling station, well, they will have committed a criminal offense.

In my opinion only of course.