Govt calls on Election Commission to hold new polls within one week

Lite Beer

The people have spoken. Jail Suthep and his lackeys now!

..............what for?.....................................standing up to a criminal? You can always go back home!! You dont have a say by the way!!

The Thai people have gone out in their millions to vote today. They've gone not knowing how much harassment, intimidation and violence they would face. They have broken down gates locked by the anti-democrat supporters

The message that you and your Suthep thugs need to understand is that ordinary Thai people will not have their basic human rights trampled over. They have spoken

How do you know the turn out - did your red village tell you when it made up a figure for the returns on Friday night - so whats the peoples next step - resurrect the amnesty bill?? Good, then we can start all over again - lets see where we are in 6 months - and all for a fascist thief in Dubai! NOT as you try to convince ebveryone - for democracy OR the Thai people!!

Did you read the OP?

The Election Commission (EC) should hold new elections in unsuccessful constituencies in seven days to enable voters to exercise their rights, caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Pongthep Thepkanchana said today.

Out of 94,454 polling stations in 375 constituencies, he said election proceeded smoothly in 84,325 stations, representing 89.28 per cent.

He said 310 constituencies operated without any problem, 26 constituencies were partially open for voting and 39 constituencies could not be opened.

Suthep's attempt to prevent people from voting has failed massively, wouldn't you say?

• Like 2

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they cancel the result there will be hell to pay, .. the country has voted and those that havnt will.The courts cannot keep nullifying things over and over people just wont accept it.

If the country has chosen then so be it, a few thousand rabid people dosnt make an opposition, go back and come up with real policies and party to oppose or go crawl under a rock smile.png

Yes they can if the law has been broken!!! Oh and when you say a few thousand rabid people which side are you talking about............as for you...................will you be crawling back to England any time soon - or staying to exercise your vote? Didnt think so!!

• Like 2

Get your money?

Grapes tasting sour?

Geez you just don't get it do you?

Do you 'get' that today the people of Thailand have ignored Suthep and gone out to exercise their right to vote? The people have spoken

• Like 2

Looks like Suthep and his lackeys failed to stop democracy!

And what democracy was that

Its too difficult to explain. Get your mom to tell you when your 15.

Maybe the 6 million man picnic that brought bangkok to it's knees should be extended. lol

Suthep is doomed now. Police have all the evidence and warrents and they'll strike as the mob falls in size. They have the facebook group pics now of the guards with the guns. The PDRC are that blatant.

Power to the people and well done to everybody who voted. I was in klong toey with my wife today and not a whistle to be seen. all that area was free to vote, and many did. The fascist had a few phyric victories. I mean, they had promised to block the whole thing and even with the EC conniving and an armed gang, they could only affect 10% of the Country!

Great day out Suthep. After unleashing the armed gang yesterday, I feel we'll be seeing much less of you in years to come. The backers. They are outed as well, and once the mob is gone, they will have to switch sides or perish.

Well done to the Government, The election was peaceful apart from Dem/PDRC side who want dictatorship anyway.

Why don't EC, give all the votes in the South to Suthep to cast as he wishes for all time. One man, one vote and he can just tell them where they go. Then the muppets in the south get an instant awakening to the fact that Suthep rules them. Educate... You think so? Give hard fought voting rights to Suthep... smile.png up to you

Voting for someone you choose to like is all good but that is not democracy.

In most of the world it is exactly that. And accusing other people of being "brainwashed" does nothing to advance your argument.

You know, last week the protestors were saying the election would never take place ... but it did. Now I hear the same people saying it will be nullified .... can't have it both ways ... to say it will be nullified, first you have to accept that you were wrong before and might well be again.

I stilll dont like any of the participants, but as far as democracy was concerned, it's a day worth celebrating. My visit to the Thai in-laws today really brought things home to me ... the old folk who I previously thought understood little about politics were apparently enthusiastic about voting ... simply because in their words they "didn't want someone telling them they couldn't vote" ... it seems the only real thing khun suthep has done for democracy is to make people more determined to vote than ever before .... talk about a total balls up of a protest

• Like 1

If they cancel the result there will be hell to pay, .. the country has voted and those that havnt will.The courts cannot keep nullifying things over and over people just wont accept it.

If the country has chosen then so be it, a few thousand rabid people dosnt make an opposition, go back and come up with real policies and party to oppose or go crawl under a rock smile.png

Well the opposition had almost as much votes (in the popular vote) as the PTP in the last election and dominate all teh south....

That are more than a few thousands.

On the news: Suthep has shutdown two stages - the end is nigh.

I hope they don't shut down Asoke. I've been enjoying the concerts - at the moment, someone is singing the Thai version of "This Land is my Land".

The free food and drinks are also welcome though I have yet to partake. Best of all is the lack of traffic.

I vote to make Asoke permanently a pedestrian zone (except for residents and authorised vehicles only of course)

• Like 2

Grapes tasting sour?

Geez you just don't get it do you?

Do you 'get' that today the people of Thailand have ignored Suthep and gone out to exercise their right to vote? The people have spoken

Obviously you don't understand.Let me explain it to you.

Today was not about voting. Today was about reforming the system before an election.

Now I don't give two hoots about who won and who lost so long it is a fair fight.

At the moment it is not a level playing field.

Neither side wants to win for the people they both want to win for themselves and that is bad for the people.

What they should do is reform the the rules to make vote tampering a thing of the past and hold new election banning existing politicians, friends and family from standing and basically that is what, love him or hate him, Suthep is trying to do.

• Like 2

Yes they can if the law has been broken!!! Oh and when you say a few thousand rabid people which side are you talking about............as for you...................will you be crawling back to England any time soon - or staying to exercise your vote? Didnt think so!!

Which law(s) has/have been broken?

On the news: Suthep has shutdown two stages - the end is nigh.

umm where is Suthep right now? Has he said anything publicly since the polls closed today? Has he offered his faithful any leadership?

Or has he caught a plane to Dubai already?

You know, last week the protestors were saying the election would never take place ... but it did. Now I hear the same people saying it will be nullified .... can't have it both ways ... to say it will be nullified, first you have to accept that you were wrong before and might well be again.

I stilll dont like any of the participants, but as far as democracy was concerned, it's a day worth celebrating. My visit to the Thai in-laws today really brought things home to me ... the old folk who I previously thought understood little about politics were apparently enthusiastic about voting ... simply because in their words they "didn't want someone telling them they couldn't vote" ... it seems the only real thing khun suthep has done for democracy is to make people more determined to vote than ever before .... talk about a total balls up of a protest

You can have it both way, because what Suthep speaks on the stage is a complete different case than what the courts do.

The complete south is extreme angry with the election and don't know a single person there who wanted to go to the elections. And that is exactly the problem, the country is split in pro and contra Thaksin.

Not since Jerry Lewis has an administration seemed so impervious to reality. With the crazy math calculated to proclaim this a 90 % success, the administration thinks it can simply deem the EC to organize a poll in seven days with no game plan to encounter anything other than what they encountered today. In addition, we are having the bizarre occurrence of an " advance " poll in three weeks. But all the problems remain. They haven't suddenly disappeared. We have eight Southern provinces without candidates, and 42 constituencies which had to close. How do you register Pheu Thai candidates in Southern constituencies. Parachute ?

• Like 1

..............what for?.....................................standing up to a criminal? You can always go back home!! You dont have a say by the way!!

But you do?

All Thai nationals do..............you didnt know? you cant read?

• Like 1

Does that 3.8 billion baht cover all of the secondary elections or will there be additional cost? We have to hold these elections so that we

can respect peoples vote. At this rate the poor rice farmer is due to be screwed yet again.

It comes from different budget allocations. How is the rice farmer being screwed by election costs?

True. The farmers are being screwed regardless of election costs.

Sent from my phone ...

You can have it both way, because what Suthep speaks on the stage is a complete different case than what the courts do.

The complete south is extreme angry with the election and don't know a single person there who wanted to go to the elections. And that is exactly the problem, the country is split in pro and contra Thaksin.

You misunderstood (maybe deliberately). I'm saying there are people here saying it will be nullified who last week said it wouldnt happen .... it did ... they were wrong. You cant nullify something that hasnt happened .... it has to happen first. How many ways do you need me to say there are a lot of people here who time has now shown to be wrong, but rather than admit this, they selectively live in denial of their statements and start new predictions ..... I wouldn't be so vocal if I had screwed up so badly
  • Like 1

the electorate speaks loud and clear, bye bye Suthep dont let the door hit you on the way out.

suthep and his yellow bullies 0, will of the people 1

How do you know what they voted for??? It might be 99% voted No... Now that would be loud and clear biggrin.png

• Like 1

the electorate speaks loud and clear, bye bye Suthep dont let the door hit you on the way out.

How do you know what they voted for??? It might be 99% voted No... Now that would be loud and clear biggrin.png

Very valid point. I think a lot are waiting to hear the ratio of "yes" compared to NO votes as that would be the clearest indication of what the electorate wants.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif you reckon and cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif what democracy you mean taksin 1party state cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

And how many party state is it with Sutheps 300 good Poodles Council.

Think we outed some "educated" thais posting on here in support of Suthep at all costs.

Hillarious ignorance on many posts here. But I note 4 -5 of the preceeding posts all say the same thing basically.

Team suthep at work. IF you can't block democracy with guns, the army won't help, maybe the Thaivisa Troll army can do a PR job for us.

So funny if democracy was not so badly under threat.

Suthep ends up miserably.

But anger will drive revenge.

Suthep, his extremist followers, and too many irrational farangs posting on here must be really upset that the election could mostly go without problem.

In a week everyone will have voted.

Whatever the result is, the fact that elections could take place is a great victory for the defenders of democracy.

I really wish that Suthep, the Dems and all their crazy followers will be punished for all the useless turmoil they created.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

a great victory for who??

Its good to have dreams but they didnt. yknow this bit about voting no is just funny, people usually dont waste their time to go vote just to vote no ... they are far more likely to vote of an alternative as a protest rather than wasting their vote entirely.

The dems are stupid for boycotting and losing out on the protest vote, but they are so smart and know so much better than eveyone else whistling.gif Then again no one said that education gave people common sense wink.png

• Like 2

Democracy???? You can only vote for the government or Chuvit at this election....Welcome in the democracy East Germany style.

And why so few options to vote for...cant have nothing to do with Abhisit being in Cahoots with the anti democratic Suthep