Govt calls on Election Commission to hold new polls within one week

Lite Beer

the electorate speaks loud and clear, bye bye Suthep dont let the door hit you on the way out.

suthep and his yellow bullies 0, will of the people 1

How do you know what they voted for??? It might be 99% voted No... Now that would be loud and clear biggrin.png

The fact that they voted is the most important thing. It means they support democracy, not Suthep and his looney followers cheap attempt for an undemocratic grab for power.

• Like 1

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all those, that think, that Suthep and the demonstrators failed and are down and out now:

Your rants are most boring stuff, I don't even want to scroll through the posts here any more.

If you were at least willing to read or listen and then start using brain, there might be some development possible towards a common ground.

It's like the big guru tells us to repeat at nauseam: "Taksin is good, Bangkok is bad". So for heaven's sake, stop using your own brain and get to some conclusions of your own. You will be thrown out of the guru community, if you even dare to think by yourself!

• Like 1

Nonsense, they were PDRC guards. Demanding new elections within 7 days. Is nonsense too. Seems the shinas are in a hurry to declare themselves the new government so they can try to get huge loans abroad for rice scams and other stealing.

Then again the elections will be nullified.

Of course, then there are the numerous court cases. The rice program, and who could possibly forget the 381?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes it is!! Why else would they support a fascist murdering theif in Dubai and go to all that trouble if they're not "fascist murdering thief supporters"??

it's official .... there is someone more single-mindedly stupid than Suthep ...

There will be quite a lot of "but you told me i could have a pony, you promised me" but they are a tiny % lots of "me me me" people still out there thats endemic here , lets hope the EC get the next round over and done with and move back to some normality without the Suthep zealots getting any more serious attention.

Edited by englishoak

On the news: Suthep has shutdown two stages - the end is nigh.

I hope they don't shut down Asoke. I've been enjoying the concerts - at the moment, someone is singing the Thai version of "This Land is my Land".

The free food and drinks are also welcome though I have yet to partake. Best of all is the lack of traffic.

I vote to make Asoke permanently a pedestrian zone (except for residents and authorised vehicles only of course)

I believe that the shutdown was pre-planned. Last night when I left my apartment, I was surprised to see a big increase in the number of tents on Asoke. This can now be explained by the shutdown of the other two stages as they need to house the protestors somewhere else.

This would also have the benefit of showing larger crowds as they are now compressed into a smaller area.

Edited by Gweiloman

Funny that some posters feel like winners. They dont know, how many people vote, and how many vote PTP. Now in 3 weeks the next part of the election is planned, maybe that the some of the listed PTP members banned allready. The Dems will complaint a lot of wrong goings to the courts. And if this not enough, anybody thinks that this solve any problems. The time for the Taksin-regime is over, maybe a few weeks or months, and its good so. What this thugs have done to the country was too much. There is no reason for nobody to feel happy, some people dead, a lot hurt, and the rice farmers dont get money. And we all know, that this Government is a famous pool of incompetent thugs, give them a few years more and Thailand is a failed state. But this will not happen...biggrin.png

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif I just found out, that a lot of reds, in my area, have voted "None of the above" or didn't go to vote at all, because PT would not pay out money this time. Thai democracy in action, lol.

could be true, however i think its more a case of farang gullibility in action.

• Like 1

Grapes tasting sour?

Geez you just don't get it do you?

Do you 'get' that today the people of Thailand have ignored Suthep and gone out to exercise their right to vote? The people have spoken

Obviously you don't understand.Let me explain it to you.

Today was not about voting. Today was about reforming the system before an election.

Now I don't give two hoots about who won and who lost so long it is a fair fight.

At the moment it is not a level playing field.

Neither side wants to win for the people they both want to win for themselves and that is bad for the people.

What they should do is reform the the rules to make vote tampering a thing of the past and hold new election banning existing politicians, friends and family from standing and basically that is what, love him or hate him, Suthep is trying to do.

If you seriously believe that you dont understand what is going on. Suthep by hook or by crook, with mighty financial backing, must be at the trough for the next chapter of Thailands history. Failure to achieve this will mean his backers, who have benefitted greatly from the current regime, will never be in the game again as long as Thaksin is alive.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

The poll is zero. Whatever happens.

308 MP's wait for the Constitution court.

YL for corruption in the rice scam is not ou of the game.

For people who wants democracy Hun Sen style, I wait for your postings.

And so there will be another election with new members returning from TRT (their absurd 5 year ban has come to an end, never any democrats get banned of course!)

Again and again until the peoples voice is respected.

the electorate speaks loud and clear, bye bye Suthep dont let the door hit you on the way out.

How do you know what they voted for??? It might be 99% voted No... Now that would be loud and clear biggrin.png

Its good to have dreams but they didnt. yknow this bit about voting no is just funny, people usually dont waste their time to go vote just to vote no ... they are far more likely to vote of an alternative as a protest rather than wasting their vote entirely.

The dems are stupid for boycotting and losing out on the protest vote, but they are so smart and know so much better than eveyone else whistling.gif Then again no one said that education gave people common sense wink.png

RT@tulsathit: A glimpse of Bkk results: A count in Chatuchak shows 67 votes for PT and 48 abstentions. via @chavarong

It would seem that 48 out of 114 of those people went to vote no.

A no vote is saying I don't want you Yingluck.

Forget about the small parties they would all be on their knees begging for scraps from whoever wins.

The ones likely to win a seat are the ones who went into coalition with PT last time and who voted for the amnesty bill.

Edited by Robby nz

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif I just found out, that a lot of reds, in my area, have voted "None of the above" or didn't go to vote at all, because PT would not pay out money this time. Thai democracy in action, lol.

If this is indeed true, then they deserve it if they don't get the government they want.

After all, that is how democracy works.

Didn't you say earlier your wife did not exercise her right to vote, what was the reason again?

Its good to have dreams but they didnt. yknow this bit about voting no is just funny, people usually dont waste their time to go vote just to vote no ... they are far more likely to vote of an alternative as a protest rather than wasting their vote entirely.

The dems are stupid for boycotting and losing out on the protest vote, but they are so smart and know so much better than eveyone else whistling.gif Then again no one said that education gave people common sense wink.png

RT@tulsathit: A glimpse of Bkk results: A count in Chatuchak shows 67 votes for PT and 48 abstentions. via @chavarong

Forget about the small parties they would all be on their knees begging for scraps from whoever wins.

The ones likely to win a seat are the ones who went into coalition with PT last time and who voted for the amnesty bill.

How did Chatuchak vote in the last elections? Was it a red seat? If not, unsurprisingly that they would vote for PT this time round.

What is more telling is that these 48 people also does not believe in Suthep's People's Council either. A NO vote is saying, I don't want you YL. At the same time, it is also telling the same to Suthep.

The poll is zero. Whatever happens.

308 MP's wait for the Constitution court.

YL for corruption in the rice scam is not ou of the game.

For people who wants democracy Hun Sen style, I wait for your postings.

And so there will be another election with new members returning from TRT (their absurd 5 year ban has come to an end, never any democrats get banned of course!)

Again and again until the peoples voice is respected.

You are right of course the 5 year ban is absurd it should have been life.

Hopefully that will be changed when we get reforms.

Did you ever consider that no Dems got banned because they didn't commit electoral fraud.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif you reckon and cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif what democracy you mean taksin 1party state cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Looks like Suthep and his lackeys failed to stop democracy!

And how many party state is it with Sutheps 300 good Poodles Council.

Think we outed some "educated" thais posting on here in support of Suthep at all costs.

Hillarious ignorance on many posts here. But I note 4 -5 of the preceeding posts all say the same thing basically.

Team suthep at work. IF you can't block democracy with guns, the army won't help, maybe the Thaivisa Troll army can do a PR job for us.

So funny if democracy was not so badly under threat.

Your another that jus doesn't understand.

The people have spoken. Jail Suthep and his lackeys now!

..............what for?.....................................standing up to a criminal? You can always go back home!! You dont have a say by the way!!

If Suthep and his lackeys get jailed, someone will come out again in the future. Some people look at Suthep as a madman but he stood up and trying to bring his dream to the Thai people. Suthep is a real hero among the supporters and many people are supporting him.

Unfortunately, it will be a never ending story as long as Thaksin is there to instruct his puppets.

I feel very sorry for the rice farmers who did not get paid.

• Like 1

Where's your area so we can test the efficacy of your post later?

"Efficacy" doesn't mean what you think it does.

• Like 1

How did Chatuchak vote in the last elections? Was it a red seat? If not, unsurprisingly that they would vote for PT this time round.

What is more telling is that these 48 people also does not believe in Suthep's People's Council either. A NO vote is saying, I don't want you YL. At the same time, it is also telling the same to Suthep.

How did you work that out Suthep didn't have his name on the ballot paper ?

A no vote is saying I don't want any of those whose name is on the paper.

• Like 1

cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif I just found out, that a lot of reds, in my area, have voted "None of the above" or didn't go to vote at all, because PT would not pay out money this time. Thai democracy in action, lol.

Where's your area so we can test the efficacy of your post later?

"Efficacy" doesn't mean what you think it does.

He's probably one of Scargill's boys.

could be true, however i think its more a case of farang gullibility in action.

Sure you expert in cases of gullibility...but nobody want look like a idiot and feed the Shin-clan. smile.png

How did you work that out Suthep didn't have his name on the ballot paper ?

A no vote is saying I don't want any of those whose name is on the paper.

Suthep did not want the people to vote. He went as far as disrupting the process to prevent others from voting. In my mind, those who voted (regardless of whether it was a no vote or for one of the candidates) basically did not agree (support) his views and demands either.

Can someone please explain to me how we can have advance voting after the event? We are not in some Matrix type world, surely it could have been called deferred voting or something that makes sense... oh no, I forgot Thailand always amazes... LOL. Second random outburst, if the dems are too chicken $hit to front up, bad luck I reckon. Nothing democratic about taking your ball home. Got to think up some new (populist) policies... that's how it's done in "hen gae dua", (poor transliteration I know) Thailand. Imitate your competitor and all that. Oh where to begin... I can only think of Churchill... This is not the beginning, this is not the end, it IS the beginning of the end" Rah Rah...thumbsup.gif

Looks like Suthep and his lackeys failed to stop democracy!

Democracy???? You can only vote for the government or Chuvit at this election....Welcome in the democracy East Germany style.

As you well know there are multiple parties registered for this election. There is even an option for a "No" vote so stop spreading misinformation

Really? In all constituencies?

Methinks you are wrong

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Grapes tasting sour?

G

Today was not about voting. Today was about reforming the system before an election.

Now I don't give two hoots about who won and who lost so long it is a fair fight.

Neither side wants to win for the people they both want to win for themselves and that is bad for the people.

What they should do is reform the the rules to make vote tampering a thing of the past and hold new election banning existing politicians, friends and family from standing and basically that is what, love him or hate him, Suthep is trying to do.

If you seriously believe that you dont understand what is going on. Suthep by hook or by crook, with mighty financial backing, must be at the trough for the next chapter of Thailands history. Failure to achieve this will mean his backers, who have benefitted greatly from the current regime, will never be in the game again as long as Thaksin is alive.

But the current regime is the Thaksin regime.

Grapes tasting sour?

G

But the current regime is the Thaksin regime.

OK, what would the 48 have to have done to show approval for Suthep? Answer that and I might believe your nonsense.