Hotel in Chiang Saen

Spaniel

Wife and I will be traveling around Chiang Rai and expect to be in Chiang Saen area next week after visiting Phu Chi Fa Forrest Park. Can anyone recommend a reasonable hotel, around B1000 per nite in or near Chiang Saen? We plan to camp at Phu Chi Fa and any info on the conditions there would be appreciated. Thanks for any info.

Right in town, there is the Chiang Saen Riverside Hotel, where I am always staying.

Despite its name, it's not right on the Mekong, but sat back a bit in a quiet side street. The rooms are simple, but modern and clean. It should cost you only around 800 Baht per night and if nothing substantial has been built in the meantime, it's easily the best hotel in town. Also, it's very convenient if you plan to visit some of the historical ruins around Chiang Saen.

• 5 months later...

Right in town, there is the Chiang Saen Riverside Hotel, where I am always staying.

I used to spend a lot of time in Chiang Saen and then this was the only hotel in town. Nice rooms, an ok breakfast. I was always happy with it.

SDM