Two wounded in shooting at Thai-Belgium flyover bridge in Bangkok

webfact

Lately I've been noticing a lot more anti-Suthep comments on Thai Visa then anti-Thaksin. I'm guessing this stems from the fact that westerners abhor the fact that people have had their voting rights blocked, streets closed and that government facilities have been invaded and shutdown. I can understand this seems rather undemocratic and extreme and probably is in its strict sense.

But have we all forgotten who or what started this all?

A very well written article that offers insight into the origins of the problems plaguing Thailand's politics was published here on Thai Visa and I'd like to recommend it in case some missed it:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696744-history-shows-a-way-out-of-the-thai-conflict/

These are trying times for Thai's. Never in our history has the populace been so divided.

Some believe that extraordinary times require extraordinary measures that cannot be solved by purely democratic means.

Egypt and many of the Arab Spring movements that overthrew tyrants come to mind.

Even in those cases people were divided and fighting continues till this day. You will always have two sides.

Every side thinks they are right and fighting for a cause.

Who would fight for something they know is wrong? (unless they are mercs or stand to lose their power)

The average red shirt fights against inequality, underrepresentation, and oppression by the elite.

The average protestor today fights against tyranny, corruption and the abuse of power.

Both groups are not the problem.

The problem is our politicians. They never really intend to solve problems but bicker over the cake.

Can we not have them all meet for the next parliamentary session on a cruise liner and then blow up the ship in the middle of the water? Problem solved.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 2

Peaceful protesters just shooting back at unarmed motorists, just in case they were voters or supporters of some other than themselves political group. Who is not with us is against us.

And,, of cource, they have the devine right to close any bridge, road , airport and office at will, with 5 guns between themselves

Do you have ANY proof of the crap that have just written at all that it was the protesters?

IF you do then please present it to the police who I am sure would love an eye witness report from a farang.

If you do not the please present yourself to the police for attempting to spread malicious and unfounded rumours.

Billd,

Not sure where you live but if you live in Bkk and know where this bridge is and what's happening around it, you will realise that the blockade is under the control of the PDRC. It would therefore be logical (albeit circumstantial) to assume that the shooter(s) is from the PDRC.

I live about 400 km north of Bangkok. Just because the area may be under the control of the PDRC it "would" only be circumstantial to assume the shooters are from the PDRC.

However logical thinking has been abolished in Thailand over the past several years.

As there was NO proof at the time, londonthai assumed without any evidence at all that it WAS the PDRC which is what upset me. It is something he does regularly but never follows up.

Edited by billd766

billd, did you read in the OP "there were three gunshots from the barricade". The shots were fired from the front, where cars were heading. Logical thinking was abolished in some of thailand, don't get upset about it

Not 100%, but I am 99% certain it is Thaksin paid Red-shirts thugs in action again.

Suthep's protesters are non-violent and never have weapons.

Are you f***ing kidding me?? But then, you must be talking tongue in cheek, because if not, you are as dumb as they come. No matter what happens bad in this country, or this world, or even this universe, it has to be Thaksin's fault, right. They would probably blame him if he shot himself in the head, saying that he was aiming at someone else but missed. Please tell you were kidding.

Think ol' thaksin, man of hitmen & gangster he is, isn't above dressing up red shirts in other colors, then accusing anti-gov't protests? Strategy worked well with Al Queda..up until Syria. Makes you wonder...black shirts..assassinations of his....

Edited by gemini81